First experience..pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Soooo..

I got my ego twist with a t3 bottom coil clearomizer, and first off, the ego twist is built very well, i love the feel and everything, and that grippy texture, been messing with the variable voltage all day, its nice.

But I have ran into one problem, the throat hit is soooo hard. Right now its at 3.9v with a cherry juice, but the throat hit is killin me. I have 18mg which i figured was pretty much the regular, 70/30 mix. I can barely enjoy the taste because i have to baby puff because a full drag would kill me lol. should i just lower the nicotine to battle that throat hit or what do you guys think? it was also said that these t3 bottom coils need to be broken in, is that maybe why its so harsh?

Also, the draw is way too loose, feel like im breathing through a big slushie straw, so think i need a higher res coil.
Thanks for any help guys!

Last edited:

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Keep in mind, that you'll likely adjust to it over time. The first time you had a cigarette, you likely found it incredibly irritating and probably coughed your head off. In the short term, you can change the PG/VG ratio so that the PG is lower, and scale back your nic level. With more VG than PG you'll get more vapour, but less throat hit.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Keep in mind, that you'll likely adjust to it over time. The first time you had a cigarette, you likely found it incredibly irritating and probably coughed your head off. In the short term, you can change the PG/VG ratio so that the PG is lower, and scale back your nic level. With more VG than PG you'll get more vapour, but less throat hit.

I enjoyed the VG so much more, ill try 50/50 12mg.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Yeah gonna try the vg.

Now, with the 3 that I got with my twist, ive had time to try them all, and only 2 of them I have problems with. They're all 70/30 18mg, but the cherry and dumah i cant smoke, at all, way too harsh, but the Ry4 I can haul off and enjoy all day, and not baby puff like the other two. So I dont understand why two of them slam my throat like a train while this one is smooth and I can enjoy all day. Now the Ry4 has like a caramel kinda taste or something, which I hate caramel, but for once, Im having a smooth puff with strong vapor and flavour.

So confusing.

SlaughterhouseV

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
TN
Just stick with it and research and trial and error. Like the craps table the average vaper learns an investment at a time. I started years ago with the original blu which was horrible. Then tried the revolver elite (not great), revolver infinity ion which was okay, the talon (better like an ego tank), I taste vv2 was my first vv mod, now the itaste MVP which I love with the iclear 30. I still plan on an evic (if issues are fixed with the new one) or a provari mini when I can justify the cost. There is certainly something out there that will work great for you, they have come a long way. Just stick with it and do a lot of research on the forums. Best of luck.

the grassninja

Dec 18, 2012
Oklahoma
I started with proSmoke, then moved to eGo, and have since moved on to bigger batteries, etc etc. You experience sounds very similar to mine. The first "good groove" I got into was the eGo twist with some stardusts and some White Rabbit (Alice in Vapeland) or Boba's Bounty (Alien Vision). i hate to say it, but trial and error and a little research are always going to be necessary, but you'll eventually hitt hat sweet spot, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread