First impression i3 atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Well, I thought the i3s were 1.5 ohms... glad I didn't get some, because I already know 3 ohms is not to my liking. And maybe I'm lucky, but my 2.0-2.3 ohm 510s have worked fine for months... /shrug

And just a thought, but a low ohm atomizer specifically for 3.7v usage might be a good idea... someone's already doing it... I never understood the point of HV atomizers, but I could definitely see the potential in carrying around a 14500 and getting HV-esque hits off it. I thought that was what the i3 was :p

Last edited:

sadtranz

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Ashford Kent
Well, I thought the i3s were 1.5 ohms... glad I didn't get some, because I already know 3 ohms is not to my liking. And maybe I'm lucky, but my 2.0-2.3 ohm 510s have worked fine for months... /shrug

And just a thought, but a low ohm atomizer specifically for 3.7v usage might be a good idea... someone's already doing it... I never understood the point of HV atomizers, but I could definitely see the potential in carrying around a 14500 and getting HV-esque hits off it. I thought that was what the i3 was :p

510s are about 2.5 oms 901s are about 3.5 Imeos are about 3 ohms so not a lot different to 510 but bit more flavour, as Imeo says if you make the coil to thin will burn out quicker so a 2ohm atty needs to be cheap :p

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Yes your right so all you need is a larger mha battery to keep a 2ohm atty going for a decent time, wonder why no one is making less than a 2ohm atty?:?:
Mind you no resistance means no heat

Someone already is, and I plan on trying them out with my GGTS in nano mode and a CR123... the higher amperage would obviously mean a lot less vape time, but should be good for brief outings :D

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

I will tell you friend:

1) higher watts so more smoke without big amperes.
2) Battery lasts muuuch longer. In an atty 1,5 ohm at 3,7 volts the batteries will last less than half!!
3) Atomizer lasts much longer. I will tell you an example. Ther current that goes through a regular 3,5 ohm atomizer at 6 volts is about 1,7 ampere and all people said that they killed their atties very soon. The current in an 1,5 ohm atty at 3,7 volts is 2,5 ampere!!!! This is a disposable atty MHR. You need an atty every 1 week or more less, maybe every 3 days. :)

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
I will tell you friend:

1) higher watts so more smoke without big amperes.
2) Battery lasts muuuch longer. In an atty 1,5 ohm at 3,7 volts the batteries will last less than half!!
3) Atomizer lasts much longer. I will tell you an example. Ther current that goes through a regular 3,5 ohm atomizer at 6 volts is about 1,7 ampere and all people said that they killed their atties very soon. The current in an 1,5 ohm atty at 3,7 volts is 2,5 ampere!!!! This is a disposable atty MHR. You need an atty every 1 week or more less, maybe every 3 days. :)
I'd say you'd need a new one every 3 hours if they are true 1.5 ohm atties

ggero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Greece
I am using one i3 atomizer for 15 days ... I have an HV 801 attie also ...Yesterday I did a boiled water bath to the 801 ...After that I have to say that the i3 at 3.7V has a better TH than the 801 at 6V with the same juice ...The TH and the vapour production (even with PG only juice) of the i3 is the best for the 3.7V !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread