Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Mixed my first batch this afternoon, enjoying it now. 10 ml of FA strawberry 80/20 VG/PG with 3mg nic salt, 5% flavor. I used my 25mg Solace blueberry juice for the nicotine because that’s what I have. Turned out very well for my first try. I see more in my future!

The perfect start - congratulations :thumb:

BTW......

diy.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Since I am content to stick with my new mix I’m going to find out roughly how much juice I vape daily.
    Good planning, no use mixing too much and flitting from one recipe to another and never nailing down your All Day Vapes (ADV). Don't know how much reading you have done on the subject, but I'm sure any of the membership can steer you to just about any information you feel you might need.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's similar to my first DIY... just added flavors to my pre-made vanilla custard. Worked OK, but I soon realized I don't like juices that sweet so will be mixing from scratch from now on. My plan is to use VG and get 48 mg nicotine in PG, then mix those to end up around 70VG/30PG 12 mg nic. I also new to this, but wouldn't be surprised if I don't ever need to buy pre-made juice again!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Here are my flavors, all FA:

Tutti Frutti, Juicy Strawberry, Cookie, Breakfast Cereal, Vienna Cream, Banana, Whiskey and Vanilla Bourbon.

Any thoughts? I could of course just do single flavors but I am open to suggestions!
    Doing quite small amounts of single flavors is often a good idea at first just to get a good idea of what you are dealing with. All of these will have a small amount of blueberry in them though because of your nic base though, correct?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yes that is correct. I need to get some nicotine ordered. Will it cook in the delivery truck? It’s really hot here. I’ll just order a small bottle of 100mg.
    Well since there’s a bit of blueberry in it then it might be wise to choose a flavor that wouldn’t conflict with blueberry. None of them sound like they would be terrible, but Some sort of mixed fruit or a cream might work best. Tutti fruity is the very first artificial flavor ever created and has a very generic “fruit” flavor so it’s probably a good choice, as might be the cereal (milk and bakery) or the cream flavor.
    Artificial flavors are famous for doing unpredictable things for a given person when mixed though. Again, very small batches so you can just throw it away if it’s awful.

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Thanks! Y’all must get a chuckle watching me do the things you did years ago.

I’m still learning new things all the time! It’s good for the brain! 5 seconds ago I’d never used a tube mod. Now I have 4 of them. People here will help you as they have helped me, that’s why I love it.

Good job on your first mix, and here’s to the rabbit holes!

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
    New Orleans
    Yes indeed everybody is most helpful! I think I’m a lightweight, probably gonna be 5 ml per day range. We shall see.

Yikes, looking I’m closer to 2ml per day. That doesn’t seem like much. Mix #1 has lost its bang at about 5ml total vaped so I’m going to mix up something new this morning.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have no idea, I have never used blueberry. It's not a favorite fruit of mine. Blueberry and bourbon sounds revolting if you ask me, but I am also not a fan of bourbon.

I might do the cookie or vanilla IDK.

You can also do what I did, steep single flavors and combine in the tank. It is in no way the same as steeping together but it will give you SOME indication. I sort of did it that way because I wanted a slightly speedier sense of what went with what. It didn't steer me wrong exactly, what was vile was vile together with or without steeping, for the most part, and vice versa.

I ordered a fair amount of nicotine my first summer, but to be fair it was nicotine salts, and I hear they hold up better with less degradation.

Things you could do: try salts, I guess. Some folks don't like the flavor and/or lack of throat hit though.

Find the nic company closest to you. Perhaps (hopefully) it will spend less time on the truck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread