Not open for further replies.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Yes, I have tinnitus. Haven’t wanted to admit it. Can’t ignore the connection with vaping now. Argh.

You might consider switching to Max VG to see if that has any effect. Someone I know that also has tinnitus found that it was the PG that was aggravating his condition. It might be worth a shot if you continue to experience issues.

Last edited:

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
Thanks! No other form of nicotine has ever aggravated my tinnitus including most recently 4mg nic gum. I suspect it’s the PG as many have noted. I’ll stick with max VG and quit adding PG to my mix. Interestingly my recent strawberry mix didn’t have any effect. Maybe something in the flavor?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Might depend on the amount you are vaping. Might try lowering your nic. Nothing wrong with trying other stuff either because WHO knows.

Whoever once, decided to make a big ole deal about Whisky was insane, if you ask me.

And *I* was mad about missing out on ZIMA after I got sober. There were so many ads. I hear it's horrible that ONLY wanted me to try it more.

Spose I could get a can, swish some around in my mouth to see but that sounds a bit perilous somehow I mean what if I LIKE it? Because clearly I have no taste for the good stuff

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks! No other form of nicotine has ever aggravated my tinnitus including most recently 4mg nic gum. I suspect it’s the PG as many have noted. I’ll stick with max VG and quit adding PG to my mix. Interestingly my recent strawberry mix didn’t have any effect. Maybe something in the flavor?

Definitely could be something in the flavours. Have a look for the MSDS sheets for those flavours.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Vaped like crazy last night and today, ringing is back to normal. It has to be that flavor. Anybody want some FA Vanilla Bourbon? Glad I can drink bourbon.
    Damn. Sorry to hear you can't vape that flavor. Glad you got it sorted though.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    Vaped like crazy last night and today, ringing is back to normal. It has to be that flavor. Anybody want some FA Vanilla Bourbon? Glad I can drink bourbon.

Glad to hear you are back to normal.

As well as what was already suggested ( letting it steep ) don't give up on Bourbon as a flavor either. The Vanilla Bourbon flavor represents vanilla from a specific region ( Madagascar and other islands in the Indian Ocean ) as opposed to a blend with the alcohol bourbon.

Many enjoy boozy mixes, myself included.

MbCRMCS.gif

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Mix some with no nicotine and see if the ringing is less.
    ear ringing nicotine - Google Search
    Very interesting remarks,,, I didn't know nicotine could affect hearing by simply cutting off oxygen. If he has always had ringing in his ears as a smoker,,, then the nicotine in his vape could have the same result... Solution would be to lower Nic consumption.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Very interesting remarks,,, I didn't know nicotine could affect hearing by simply cutting off oxygen. If he has always had ringing in his ears as a smoker,,, then the nicotine in his vape could have the same result... Solution would be to lower Nic consumption.
    I was also surprised nicotine can increase tinnitus.
    Mine started from too many rock concerts in the 70s and loud occupations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread