Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I had a 1.5 to 2 PAD habit, along with a can of cope a day habit. I really wanted a Cig-A-Like to work for me. I really did not want to be out and about with one of these hipster toys hanging around my neck.
I wasted a ton of money on cig-a-likes for 2 years while continuing to smoke. I finally just caved and went in to a B&M that was highly regarded for their "Starter Kit Intro" they will sit there for as long as it takes till they are comfortable with your knowledge of the products they sold as well as letting you try all the juice on the menu. It worked, the ego-c batteries were about the size of a cigar and I could go hide and vape. I also bought a variety of tobacco flavors. I love tobacco. I like it's smell before and during burning. I like it's taste, I dipped and chewed. I love cigars.
Fast forward a bit, even those cigar shaped batteries will not get me through the day. I stopped trying to find the tobacco feel, for me none of it is as good to me. There are some very good ones, it is just not the same. I have found my self vaping mainly citrus and bakery flavors. I also found myself using the same type of device the young man in the picture above is using. I do not have a purple one and will not :)

Cigarettes were 65 cents a pack when I started smoking, a can of Copenhagen was 45 cents when I started dipping.

I also stopped worrying about what people think of me vaping. I realized I have pretty much been a social outcast for smoking and dipping the last how ever many years the war on smoking has been going. I honestly do not care and have even converted some long time smokers that initially started ribbing me about the device I was using. And again, I will still not buy a purple mod :), I will vape purple or pink liquids though. :)

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I had a 1.5 to 2 PAD habit, along with a can of cope a day habit. I really wanted a Cig-A-Like to work for me. I really did not want to be out and about with one of these hipster toys hanging around my neck.
I wasted a ton of money on cig-a-likes for 2 years while continuing to smoke. I finally just caved and went in to a B&M that was highly regarded for their "Starter Kit Intro" they will sit there for as long as it takes till they are comfortable with your knowledge of the products they sold as well as letting you try all the juice on the menu. It worked, the ego-c batteries were about the size of a cigar and I could go hide and vape. I also bought a variety of tobacco flavors. I love tobacco. I like it's smell before and during burning. I like it's taste, I dipped and chewed. I love cigars.
Fast forward a bit, even those cigar shaped batteries will not get me through the day. I stopped trying to find the tobacco feel, for me none of it is as good to me. There are some very good ones, it is just not the same. I have found my self vaping mainly citrus and bakery flavors. I also found myself using the same type of device the young man in the picture above is using. I do not have a purple one and will not :)

Cigarettes were 65 cents a pack when I started smoking, a can of Copenhagen was 45 cents when I started dipping.

I also stopped worrying about what people think of me vaping. I realized I have pretty much been a social outcast for smoking and dipping the last how ever many years the war on smoking has been going. I honestly do not care and have even converted some long time smokers that initially started ribbing me about the device I was using. And again, I will still not buy a purple mod :), I will vape purple or pink liquids though. :)

I have to laugh, because I also use the same thing as shown in the picture, with a very similar topper. And mine is blue. I'm a 42 year old mom of two. I'd be a soccer mom if either of my kids liked soccer. I also decided I don't give a crap what other people think. Honestly, most people don't even notice. I don't vape indoors though. I might get more stink eye looks if I did.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Something along the lines of this is just the ticket^^^^^
I'm about your age, I'm 62. I really wanted at first to have something that looked like a regular smoke.
I tried the disposables, and for about a week they kept me off of the cigs. Just barely though.
Then I found this place and realized there was another world of vaping compared to the stuff they sell in local corner stores.

I then ordered me a Kanger Evod starter kit. It's about the same size as the Vision that people are pointing you to.
The difference is night and day. From my first hit I was sold. I was over wanting it to look like a cig.
The thing drops right in your shirt pocket. Gives me a real nice throat hit, big cloud of vapor and a nice dose of nicotine.

Welcome to ECF, good luck and thanks for your service.

Hi and welcome to the forum. The advice above is good advice. I'm a little older than you, and a grandmother, and also could not imagine walking around with a big purple thing in my mouth! I don't have the tattoos and piercings, (or the hair) to carry it off.

However, like you I had smoked and smoked all my life. And like you, somehow I was still in pretty good physical shape, considering. I decided to try to have an open mind and do this good thing for myself while I still felt good enough to do it.

Here is a link to a really nice, simple Kanger Evod starter kit that is not strange looking, and not really very big. You can get it in black, and it is about the size of a cigar. It comes with everything you need to get started except for some juice. I highly recommend it. It has let me STOP SMOKING two packs a day, which is just amazing to me.

This is a reliable vendor who ships quickly. If you use the code ECF at checkout, you get 10% off, so it's about $30, and it ships free.

Kanger EVOD eGo Full Kit - Vaping Me

Good luck to you. The sooner you can start vaping, the sooner you can start STOPPING cigarettes!

PS I just remembered my avatar, to the left. And yes, it is a big purple cat! A picture drawn by my 6 year old granddaughter, with my grandma name "Bugga" on it.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread