Five Pawns now has a $38 for a 30ml bottle of juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
lol apple pie and ice cream? thats probably one of the easiest DIY recipes for a DIY noob and they are selling it for 40 bucks a bottle? Hey, they are entitled to charge 40 bucks for 30ml but we're entitled to post a thread to ECF to laugh at it too, right? Free market, open forum, free speech.

lol @ the thought of you trying to duplicate Gambit yourself and pretending its just as good...yeah any DIY noob can make Gambit for 5cents a ml right

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Honestly, Barenjager, the liquor, is pretty darn expensive; double the price of Jack or Wild Turkey or whoever. However, it's literally the best and smoothest liquor I have ever tasted in my life.

Haha nobody else has ever heard of Berenjager! You're probably the first person Ive heard mention it, can never find it anywhere anymore...:( It is quite delicious. Try mixing it with green tea, so good.

Wheezy

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
OC
Vape and saving money just doesn't add up to me; especially when referred to as a "hobby".

Kayfun and nemmy = more than I spent on cigs in a year. Add in juice, batteries, charger, wire, wicks, tips, holder/stand and yaaa. If I don't buy ANYTHING else in the next two years I'll have saved a few dollars.

But ya. I'm not worried about $37 here and there for my habit.

Chief Thunder

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Maryland
www.g2vapor.com
Vape and saving money just doesn't add up to me; especially when referred to as a "hobby".

Kayfun and nemmy = more than I spent on cigs in a year. Add in juice, batteries, charger, wire, wicks, tips, holder/stand and yaaa. If I don't buy ANYTHING else in the next two years I'll have saved a few dollars.

But ya. I'm not worried about $37 here and there for my habit.

I dunno what impresses me more, the fact you know what a kayfun & nem is or the fact that you only smoked 1/2 pack a week.

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
I'm working on a new line of liquid that has 24 K gold micro flakes floating in PG / VG that was distilled from ingredients only found in the Amazon in a one square foot area .. and nicotine that is taken from a secret stash that was kept hidden in the Arc of the Covenant .. flavored by a group of Umpa Lumpas that needed a side job .. it will come in a diamond encrusted bottle and there will only be one ..

Dang, you had me at Umpa Lumpas...

I think if you love it, love it it is all good. In the end price is part of the figure for me. It didn't blow my mind, so I passed on. But I am really into Cell Block Four right now. I have pricy mixed in with low price, quality gets me in the end and some vendors provide that with a decent price point.

AiV blows my mind with the packaging and consideration and I love about 3 of their juices. I compare my vaping to tasting wine, something I gave up 20 years ago so I am just really glad I have something to replace smoking and drinking.

So basically I see 4 opinions here:

1) Haven't tried it and won't because of cost
2) Haven't tried it but will withhold judgement till I do
3) Tried it, not for me, move along
4) Tried it, will buy again

How is this any different from what we do with any other juice?

Also, I wonder how many of you who are bashing 5 Pawns for their marketing strategy or their fixed price point are reading this thread on an iPhone while wearing $150 Nike sneakers or carrying a Coach purse (or both :))

Let's be real, $37.50 for a bottle of juice is about half what most of us paid for a carton of analogs. If it works for you, buy it. If not, move along. No need to show your ignorance by bashing the exact same marketing strategy that made Apple a gazillion dollars

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
So basically I see 4 opinions here:

1) Haven't tried it and won't because of cost
2) Haven't tried it but will withhold judgement till I do
3) Tried it, not for me, move along
4) Tried it, will buy again

How is this any different from what we do with any other juice?

Also, I wonder how many of you who are bashing 5 Pawns for their marketing strategy or their fixed price point are reading this thread on an iPhone while wearing $150 Nike sneakers or carrying a Coach purse (or both :))

Let's be real, $37.50 for a bottle of juice is about half what most of us paid for a carton of analogs. If it works for you, buy it. If not, move along. No need to show your ignorance by bashing the exact same marketing strategy that made Apple a gazillion dollars

It's not ignorance. Perhaps you haven't done the research that others have taken the time to perform. That's okay, you're entitled to your opinion. I will add my opinion as;
#5 I have not tried it, and will not due to the arrogance by the owner.

Kalash503

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Well they will never have the problem AVE has. That's one way of keeping supply up. If it was $15 and it was NEVER in stock or they were only open for 10 minutes a day you all would be complaining about that as well:glare:

Its funny you mention AVE because I just placed an order for 30ml of bee's knee's for a dollar per ml. AVE sells it at 6ml for $6 (I bought #5) but it is worth every penny, I also have to set my alarm just to place an order before they close.

Last edited:

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
Five Pawns really is quality stuff. Whether or not you're willing to pay for it is up to you. Gambit remains my favorite of any juice. I also like Queenside. I really like how consistent they are. There's also no steeping, no fuss, no muss. You get them out of the mail and they're perfect. Every time. I'm willing to pay for that. I also think his marketing and pricing are appropriate for the level of quality.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
So now we only support businesses who are owned by nice people? What is this, kindergarten?! I'll give you my money if you say "please?" Too funny.

What I think is reprehensible is for people to sell inconsistent, poor quality, poorly packaged, cheap bottling, cheap this, cheap that, eyeball-mixed liquids, while selling twice as many units as 5P, but for half 5P's prices. See? It works out to be the same (math) "greed" wise, but I bet the cheap vendors have MUCH lower overhead (more profit). But hey, at least they act like nice people? Really?! Oh bother. Man, I guess I got to go interview the owners of British Petroleum to see if they are humble-enough folk for me to Shell over my money. 'Tis goofy indeed.

JV: $23 (shipped) for a 33 mL :)facepalm:)
Halo: $24.50 (shipped) for a 30 mL (love P15, period! Is Johnny Blaze a nice guy? Who the hell cares?!)
5P: $27.50 (shipped) for a 30 mL (Gambit, specifically, is freakin' tasty! But I can live without it.)

Halo and JV have been around for years (among many other eliquid vendors with similar pricing for $ per mL), but now the addition of a few bucks is so earth shatteringly exorbitant? Honestly, people, there is NOTHING to argue here, unless you just want to argue. 5P is a liquid vendor as is every other liquid vendor. Oh, and B&M prices for 30 mL are often double what we're used to paying online.

If you choose to buy pre-made liquid, and to not DIY, you're supporting the same machine whether you intend to or not. And it's okay.

BTW, Pink Spot Vapors has been around for a couple years and their 30 mL is $28.50 (shipped) and they come in cheap LDPE bottles, with inkjet printed labels, and, well, less than "special" flavors (though, Honey Cured is my liquid! LOL). Why no pitchforks and torches? Maybe because who people think they're mad at is driven by who they think they should be mad at. THERE IS NOTHING NEW HAPPENING AT 5 PAWNS, except, maybe, their flavors. Get over it. Get under it. Get next to it. Get with it. Pick one. And you if plan on vaping pre-made liquids for awhile, get used to it! That price "bar" was "set" a long time ago.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
They do have some interesting looking juices.

Yes they do. And they're definitely better and a little cheaper than Pink Spot Vapors. LOL

I think 5 Pawns is at least $0.95 better than Ms.Ts' Bakery considering they're only $0.95 more. Ms. T's Bakery (been around for years) is $26.55 (shipped) for 30 mL in cheap LDPE bottles.

"o much more expensive than everything else"? Not hardly.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
My take, after trying it for myself...

Until someone makes a better liquid, with equal or better complexity in the flavor, or quality in ingredients, technique and packaging than Five Pawns, Castle Long Reserve....

They're priced where they should be.

I was caught off guard by just how exceptional this juice is.... And before trying it, I would have told you $38 is insane.

It can only be described in terms you'd normally reserve for fine wine or scotch...

Agree with the price or not, to my knowledge no other liquid available currently compares.

At it's price, it won't be my daily juice... But what's wrong with the vaping equivalent of fine wine? I'll definitely enjoy it on special occasions with appropriate meals, scotch or wine.

Sent from my mobile, using Tapatalk... so ignore the typos. ;)

Last edited:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
So now we only support businesses who are owned by nice people? What is this, kindergarten?! I'll give you my money if you say "please?" Too funny.

What I think is reprehensible is for people to sell inconsistent, poor quality, poorly packaged, cheap bottling, cheap this, cheap that, eyeball-mixed liquids, while selling twice as many units as 5P, but for half 5P's prices. See? It works out to be the same (math) "greed" wise, but I bet the cheap vendors have MUCH lower overhead (more profit). But hey, at least they act like nice people? Really?! Oh bother. Man, I guess I got to go interview the owners of British Petroleum to see if they are humble-enough folk for me to Shell over my money. 'Tis goofy indeed.

JV: $23 (shipped) for a 33 mL :)facepalm:)
Halo: $24.50 (shipped) for a 30 mL (love P15, period! Is Johnny Blaze a nice guy? Who the hell cares?!)
5P: $27.50 (shipped) for a 30 mL (Gambit, specifically, is freakin' tasty! But I can live without it.)

Halo and JV have been around for years (among many other eliquid vendors with similar pricing for $ per mL), but now the addition of a few bucks is so earth shatteringly exorbitant? Honestly, people, there is NOTHING to argue here, unless you just want to argue. 5P is a liquid vendor as is every other liquid vendor. Oh, and B&M prices for 30 mL are often double what we're used to paying online.

If you choose to buy pre-made liquid, and to not DIY, you're supporting the same machine whether you intend to or not. And it's okay.

BTW, Pink Spot Vapors has been around for a couple years and their 30 mL is $28.50 (shipped) and they come in cheap LDPE bottles, with inkjet printed labels, and, well, less than "special" flavors (though, Honey Cured is my liquid! LOL). Why no pitchforks and torches? Maybe because who people think they're mad at is driven by who they think they should be mad at. THERE IS NOTHING NEW HAPPENING AT 5 PAWNS, except, maybe, their flavors. Get over it. Get under it. Get next to it. Get with it. Pick one. And you if plan on vaping pre-made liquids for awhile, get used to it! That price "bar" was "set" a long time ago.

Still not buying them, even after your arguments. I do not appreciate people to be tagged as "showing ignorance" when that isn't always the case. I'm not ignorant to the marketing, and I feel their marketing is fine by them. Ignorant? Really?

As far as only supporting businesses who are owned by nice people, no. That is not something I look into when buying a product, though if something i do not like occurs before I give them a whirl, chance are I will not venture their way in the future. Read into that what you wish, I do not care how childish you perceive my actions to be, they're mine.

I have not purchased from any juice company on your list except JV. {MODERATED}

Last edited by a moderator:

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
So now we only support businesses who are owned by nice people? What is this, kindergarten?! I'll give you my money if you say "please?" Too funny

Well I'm happy to amuse you.. just returning the favor. I've had quite the chuckle over some of your comments as well. Actually, a lot of people have. :)

But I don't think its childish, if I chose to patronize a business based how I perceive their operations or their owner.. {MODERATED}

Clearly you are not a conscientious spender, but I for one am not a big fan of GREED and I will not support it if I can avoid it. So considering I have plenty of options, I would rather give my dollars to the smaller, independent artisan crafters who wouldn't even dream to be so arrogant as to send me an invitation of "eligibility" to purchase, as if I'm a special human being to have the honor of buying his juice at $1 per ml. No, I like the way other ejuice makers are doing it better.. hand written thank you notes and samples.

It's funny you get so bent out of shape over something you don't even vape. Have you even tried it? I would like to see your receipt if you have.

See here's the thing... Free juice always tastes good, don't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yes they do. And they're definitely better and a little cheaper than Pink Spot Vapors. LOL

I think 5 Pawns is at least $0.95 better than Ms.Ts' Bakery considering they're only $0.95 more. Ms. T's Bakery (been around for years) is $26.55 (shipped) for 30 mL in cheap LDPE bottles.

"o much more expensive than everything else"? Not hardly.

My inner child is acting out today, as I wouldn't buy from Ms.Ts' Bakery. She is in the same camp as 5P arrogance, and has slow turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread