Florida may raise tobacco-buying age to 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
And that is when pertaining to voting so lets not get nit picky here. Find a debate someplace else please.
I'm not trying to debate, argue or even nit pick as I totally agree with your premise. I was simply trying to point out, with a little levity, the obvious.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
They were 25 cents a pack when I was a kid too. But 25 cents was decent money in those days. You could go get a hamburger with fries and a milk shake for less than a $1 including leaving a tip

hungry-mcdonalds-iStock_000017397406Large-E.jpeg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Florida may raise tobacco-buying age to 21
The last paragraph shows what they think about your health:
"It’s unclear whether the Florida proposal will make it into law. The GOP-controlled Legislature faces a likely budget shortfall because of Hurricane Irma, and if the bill became law, it would likely mean a decrease in cigarette tax revenues."

So do you know If there is any Organized Opposition to raising the Legal Age to 21 ?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No I don't. That article is the first I've heard about the proposed bill.

Gotcha.

The Reason I asked was there Wasn't all that much in California. And None really that I heard of in Hawaii.

And in Both States, it was Easily Passed.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yeah but walking into a store and buying your OWN pack is a milestone coming of age experience. :D
at 15 in the late 70s I just walked in and bought them and the age WAS 18 at the time. No problem no one ever carded.

My point was where there is a will there is a way

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Note that bills to raise the legal minimum age for tobacco/vapor sales to 21 will be introduced in most states this year (as occurred last year).

Instead of joining forces with Big Tobacco to oppose these bills, vapers and the vaping industry should be urging lawmakers to exempt vapor products from the legislation (which also typically redefine e-cigarettes to be tobacco products) because vapor products are far less harmful than cigarettes, and have helped millions of smokers quit smoking.

Unfortunately, many vapor trade groups have stupidly decided to oppose age 21 for cigarettes (as well as for vapor products).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread