Fogger v5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawn

Apr 13, 2011
Australia
personally, I'm happy with it. imo flavor and vapor is better than any KF. As to leaking, I never get any but I agree it is sensitive to how you build and wick. I tend to have issues more with dry hits than anything else requiring re-wicking till I get it right. if I had any input in future versions a larger build deck would go a long way to helping with wicking, as would extra posts for the dual coils - I still have a bit of struggle getting the wires of both coils through the posts at the same time - especially with twisted wires.

My current build for what its worth.
IMG_20141119_141026.jpg

Last edited:

paxile2k

Feb 18, 2012
AZ
I have the Fogger V5 (Black) - the ONLY think I liked about it was the color, top fill, larger intake holes, and post changes and the lack of leaking issues from the v4. Other then that, air flow is bad which lead to harsh and burnt hits, the deck is way smaller then the v4x which caused awkward builds that would nearly touch the chimney. The button post options are a joke and too small for a 28 gauge dual coil build. The negative post was installed slightly off center and was a beast to get aligned as well. The airflow holes were small and off slightly which caused airflow issues to one site when fully opened up.

This made some good changes but in the end the is not a really good upgrade from the v4.1. I ended up removing the posts and installing them on the V4x and took the top so I can top fill on the V4x. If the intake holes were bigger then my "franken" v4x/5 would be awesome. I hope the next version will do a better job and construction and thought because I loved my v4.1 despite leaking issues when filling.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Is there any RTA that does not have leaking problems?
I'm totally new to this but having read a gazillion threads on all manner of forums....leaking seems to be a huge issue.
I am going to get in to RTAs and was really looking at the FOGGER V5 as my first attempt but now I'm wonder if any of the RTAs are worth it if the leaking is such an issue!

Good thread here!!
Thanks for the photos and input!!

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Just got mine today in the mail and still need to get it cleaned. A few questions:
I have seeing varying opinion on filling it is AFC closed or open been determined to help avoid leaks?
Also I have seen most people wicking kayfun style with just a little bit of wick in the channels, but then I saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ461pRPPso has anyone tried wicking like this? if so thoughts?

My V5 came in today and after wasting about 25 mils of juice with it leaking worse than anything I ever used, I tried that way (he was the only reviewer that said to place the wick in the channels). I use rayon and it wicks really well. I may be able to adjust later for a little more juice flow, but that is the only way I have stopped the leaks. I'll see what it does as far as leaking overnight.

Edit; All 4 channels are full of rayon and it still leaks (just not as bad).............

Last edited:

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Is there any RTA that does not have leaking problems?
I'm totally new to this but having read a gazillion threads on all manner of forums....leaking seems to be a huge issue.
I am going to get in to RTAs and was really looking at the FOGGER V5 as my first attempt but now I'm wonder if any of the RTAs are worth it if the leaking is such an issue!

Good thread here!!
Thanks for the photos and input!!

I've got a Kayfun with a nano kit that has never leaked a drop.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I've got a Kayfun with a nano kit that has never leaked a drop.

What do you different than so many searcher?
I am glad that you have had great luck with the leaking but I am just having so many second thoughts about investing the time and money in RTAs...
Is it the manufacture of the RTA that makes a big difference..being a clone make a difference...do certain models favor leaking as a side effect of there design...improper wicking/coil layout or combinations of all?

Who made your Kayfun?

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Lemo.

For now, I've retired my V5...I got tired of having to jump through hoops just to keep it from leaking while filling it.

Yeah..that's my fear. I had one in my cart about to order as my first RTA but as I always do...I came here to ck out what's being said about it...
Now I'm just wondering if I would be doing the same thing as you Zombo!

Zombo, do you have other RTAs that you are still using with good success other than the Lemo?

I am looking at the Lemo Drop...so far I've seen a couple that have had great luck with them not leaking!!

Last edited:

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
What do you different than so many searcher?
I am glad that you have had great luck with the leaking but I am just having so many second thoughts about investing the time and money in RTAs...
Is it the manufacture of the RTA that makes a big difference..being a clone make a difference...do certain models favor leaking as a side effect of there design...improper wicking/coil layout or combinations of all?

Who made your Kayfun?

Nothing special. I think I just got lucky. I was looking at it last night and it looks like I put the Nano on a Rocket V1 base. It totally depends on the tank having a perfect vacuum and the fluid channels having perfect flow or a little less supply of liquid. That's the only tank I have that works perfectly and satisfies me.The Nano just seems to be simpler and much more likely to create a seal with the top cap. I've ordered other Kayfuns and Rocket V2's and have not been satisfied with them either because of leaking or dry hits. I am sure a lot of the problems are in my coil building. This Fogger V5 has to be the most disapointing tank yet due to leaking. I started to order an Orchid V4 this morning, but decided that I had enough in the drawer. Truth be told, I much prefer to recoil my pro tanks and novas for perfect results every time.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Nothing special. I think I just got lucky. I was looking at it last night and it looks like I put the Nano on a Rocket V1 base. It totally depends on the tank having a perfect vacuum and the fluid channels having perfect flow or a little less supply of liquid. That's the only tank I have that works perfectly and satisfies me.The Nano just seems to be simpler and much more likely to create a seal with the top cap. I've ordered other Kayfuns and Rocket V2's and have not been satisfied with them either because of leaking or dry hits. I am sure a lot of the problems are in my coil building. This Fogger V5 has to be the most disapointing tank yet due to leaking. I started to order an Orchid V4 this morning, but decided that I had enough in the drawer. Truth be told, I much prefer to recoil my pro tanks and novas for perfect results every time.

Forgive me for being stupid at this point but what are the NOVAS you are referring to?
Like I say, I'm new to this so its not all clear. I use Kangertech Geni Megas and Geni Minis and have had great success with them. Though at 2.50/3.00 a pot for coil heads to replace its not the cheapest way to go. Its so nice just to go to the Vape draw, pull one out, pull the bad one out, pop the new one in and resume the vape...no leaking, no fuss, no muss. But I do enjoy the nerdy part of the rebuilt and so that is still a draw to me.
I however do not want to invest in something that will be a pita due to dry hits and or leaking.
Just have to invest in something and make a decision based on how it works for me in real time.
Crap shoot time I guess!!!
Thanks for the response!!

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Forgive me for being stupid at this point but what are the NOVAS you are referring to?
Like I say, I'm new to this so its not all clear. I use Kangertech Geni Megas and Geni Minis and have had great success with them. Though at 2.50/3.00 a pot for coil heads to replace its not the cheapest way to go. Its so nice just to go to the Vape draw, pull one out, pull the bad one out, pop the new one in and resume the vape...no leaking, no fuss, no muss. But I do enjoy the nerdy part of the rebuilt and so that is still a draw to me.
I however do not want to invest in something that will be a pita due to dry hits and or leaking.
Just have to invest in something and make a decision based on how it works for me in real time.
Crap shoot time I guess!!!
Thanks for the response!!

I was referring to the Vivi Nova (top coil tank). I don't care much for them out of the package but recoiled at 1.5 ohm with rayon, they are great and no leaking.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I was referring to the Vivi Nova (top coil tank). I don't care much for them out of the package but recoiled at 1.5 ohm with rayon, they are great and no leaking.

Ok...just never heard anyone mention the Vivi Nova in reference to RTAs....thanks for helping me out!!

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Yeah..that's my fear. I had one in my cart about to order as my first RTA but as I always do...I came here to ck out what's being said about it...
Now I'm just wondering if I would be doing the same thing as you Zombo!

Zombo, do you have other RTAs that you are still using with good success other than the Lemo?

I am looking at the Lemo Drop...so far I've seen a couple that have had great luck with them not leaking!!

I only own a Lemo and a Fogger V5. I have only been building for about two weeks. I bought them together, but went with the Lemo first since it seemed easier (single coil). After about a week, I tried the V5 but I did not have the patience to work out the leaking issues since my Lemo was working flawlessly.

I'm now awaiting a Lemo drop in the mail.

At some point, I will probably try my hand at the V5 again...maybe a different wicking style or something...but for now it's back in its' box.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I only own a Lemo and a Fogger V5. I have only been building for about two weeks. I bought them together, but went with the Lemo first since it seemed easier (single coil). After about a week, I tried the V5 but I did not have the patience to work out the leaking issues since my Lemo was working flawlessly.

I'm now awaiting a Lemo drop in the mail.

At some point, I will probably try my hand at the V5 again...maybe a different wicking style or something...but for now it's back in its' box.

You sound much like me...I have the patience of Job but I do have a limit. If all things being near equal...I'll go with the Lemo Drop as well. I am going to start with the Lemo first I believe and get working with one coil under my belt first and maybe not have to deal so much with the leaking issue right off the bat....

Thanks!!

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Well I got my Fogger V5 working without leaking out as fast as i put the liquid in (I use an 80/20 pg/vg mix). I packed the rayon into the juice channels. It is a good vape. I know that on the coils rayon needed to be much tighter than cotton to prevent flooding and I previously put some rayon into the channels with limited results. The vape is not dry, but I may tweak the amount in the channels later to get it a little wetter. For the time being I am a happy fogger.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I read 6 posts and all I see is Leak leak Leak Leak...just like my v4. I also read "flawless Lemo." I agree with this as my Lemo is flawless.

Those 3.5mm+ deck airholes on the Fogger just inhale joose and spit it through the airholes like magma from a volcano.

I have put wick in channel, wick out of channel, wick partially in channel...to no avail.

I like a drier vape anyway...Like a Lemo or an Aspire. in my RTAs.

With all that said, the Atlantis clearo is unreal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread