Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My Fogger v5 leaked terribly when I first got it. However, I experimented with coil positioning and noticed that if I set my coils really close to the air holes - like one millimeter - it really doesn't leak at all. If you who have problems with the v5 leaking haven't tried that, give it a go. And report back, could be that I managed to get something else right and the coil placement is just coincidental.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
My Fogger v5 leaked terribly when I first got it. However, I experimented with coil positioning and noticed that if I set my coils really close to the air holes - like one millimeter - it really doesn't leak at all. If you who have problems with the v5 leaking haven't tried that, give it a go. And report back, could be that I managed to get something else right and the coil placement is just coincidental.

Good to hear that its giving you some vaping satisfaction now and I hope it continues for you.
I like seeing some positive vibes from the fogger v5 as I want to try this one but am very hesitant to do so with the leaky, leak problems so many seem to have.

Keep us posted on how it works out!!

Necrosis

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
So I got my v5 in the mail this morning, ordered last week when one of my v4 replacements from fasttech had screws that gripped my coils so hard it was impossible to install them even when I lubricated them (literally threw it out the window and ordered a v5, still have 2 perfectly fine v4's). Blows my mind just how easy it is to install coils into posts that have holes in them.

I've got plenty of experience with wicking the v4 using rayon, and my v5 performs just as well which is great. Whats driving me nuts, is I haven't figured out a trick to filling this darn thing without some flooding. The last thing I tried was closing the afc, removing the top/oring, plugging the chimney with my finger, then filling it straight from the bottle (tried a syringe too, same results). But it ends up with juice flooding the air intakes. I turn it upsidedown and blow out the excess, and it performs just fine after that until the tank is empty just like my v4's.

I wish they still had a fill port on the bottom like the v4. Surely it wouldn't have hurt to have included it so that the user could choose to top or bottom fill. Regardless, the new post design is still worth it.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
It is a shame that the Fogger v4/5 is so darn temperamental. My v5 sat idle for a few weeks, but I recently dusted it off and rebuilt it with my favorite juice. I must have really nailed the wicking this time. Just an occasional drop here and there. With this build, I don't have to close the airflow ring every time I sit it down. I actually carried it outside this week!!! The flavor is top notch when you're not mopping up juice all the time. I must remind myself to take a picture of this build when I tear it down next time

gel drops

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
I have no clue but my post are not spring loaded the box that it came in does not look like the others (probably no big deal) Phillips head only on post.I have had it for about 2 weeks giving it a good rinse,I will build it later I'm very content with the Lemo at the moment,my luck I got a clone of a clone of the Fogger 5.0,I did get it from a vendor from China but it was not FT..

Robert Dupre

Nov 27, 2014
houma, louisiana
So i have had my fogger v5 for a couple months now and at first i was to inexperienced to build on it. Well now that i have been using an rda for a lil while and have practiced a bit on building and picked up some 26 gauge kanthal i decided to give it another go and im not impressed with it at all. Wasnt to difficult to build or wick but seriously lacks flavor and definitely not fogging anything up. I now feel it was a waste of money for me. Guess i could just use it as a back up if i run out of coils for my Atlantis or Nautilus mini and need a tank to vape on for a lil while.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Picture 6 of the pre release seem to show a single airflow hole along with a matching spring mounted hole. Its a decent enough design as long as the choice of hole sizes is large enough which I don't see in the pics. But at there's hope for better airflow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I love my Fogger V4...the most consistent hitting atomizer I own. I swear it has never leaked, not even once. I've gotten a few dry hits but 100% due to my poor wicking technique.

Just ordered the Yiloong Fogger V6 from FIF for $25. Don't see much point in ordering the clone from FT to save $10 and possibly getting a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread