Footoon Aquamaster v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I've been using rda and rta for over a year now and has gotten to the point where for the most part I can build them without much issue and if I get any leaking it's usually a drop or so. Every time I try to build the Aqua Master V2 in its direct to lung capacity it leaks like a sieve. Like it just pours out of the air flow.. you can actually visibly see the liquid level going down.

I've switched the wicking five times with the same exact result. I've even tried turning it upside down when I screw the top on and closing the airflow when I air flow when I fill it which are things that I don't usually need to do. The e-juice I'm using is a 80vg 20pg and I just have no idea what I'm doing wrong I've tried it where I barely put any cotton in I've tried it where I fill the port's I've tried it where it goes to the bottom of the wick cup.. I've done it where it doesn't show at all. I've combed it out in some of them I've not combed it out in others I've made sure that the cotton isn't touching or hanging over air flow.

if anyone has the product and has any suggestions please let me know I've checked the O-rings and for what I could tell they look fine

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I don't have this RTA. However as you have been building for a while, and have tried different wicking techniques I'd be looking at the o-rings.

You said that you've checked them, but it's really hard to see if one is slightly split, or is bulging when used. If it was me, I'd replace all the o-rings around the tank and deck with your spares.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I don't have this RTA. However as you have been building for a while, and have tried different wicking techniques I'd be looking at the o-rings.

You said that you've checked them, but it's really hard to see if one is slightly split, or is bulging when used. If it was me, I'd replace all the o-rings around the tank and deck with your spares.
    Good advice, probably exactly what needs doing. Thanks as always!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    My problem is none of the usual things work. The methods and tricks that work on pretty much any rebuildable thrown my way do not work for this. I still haven't replaced the O-rings.

I can’t see if O rings are bad unless they’re broke. Change them, and lube them with a little juice (or vg if you have some)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I changed out all the o-rings and it's working fine. I honestly thought there was something else wrong because I've never had something arrive with o-rings so bad that it leaked no matter what you did and all the o-rings looked fine but apparently they weren't.

I'm glad you've got it sorted :thumbs:

I've also only had 1 new RTA that dumped juice instead of holding it. It was back when I was a semi-newbie so I did everything under the sun wicking-wise.

Eventually I replaced all the o-rings and fixed the lil :censored:

Since then, regardless of age, if changing the wicking a few times doesn't help, the o-rings get changed.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I'm glad you've got it sorted :thumbs:

I've also only had 1 new RTA that dumped juice instead of holding it. It was back when I was a semi-newbie so I did everything under the sun wicking-wise.

Eventually I replaced all the o-rings and fixed the lil :censored:

Since then, regardless of age, if changing the wicking a few times doesn't help, the o-rings get changed.
    Lesson learned for sure. I'd always heard people say that that can be a thing but I buy nothing but older stuff like on sale and it's never happened until now. first thing I'm going to suggest to people that say that they rewicked something five times and it didn't work.... just replace all of the o-rings doesn't matter if they look fine just replace them LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread