Not open for further replies.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
So, the SE is for sale now?
Indeed it is, go to the link Sedge posted, it's one of the official US vendors for the SE

$79.99, helluva deal!!!

It's been announced on Footoon Facebook a few days ago, and if you go to my link I posted, it's the Footoon site with full description, and links to all the official vendors selling it ;)

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Wow, I don't know how I feel about this.

2.5ml capacity?? :( It's kind of ugly as well. No improvements to the deck, besides milled negative post and ceramic insulator. And now you can't tighten the positive post really tightly, because of that ceramic, meaning that you're going to be at regular risk of the positive unscrewing when you adjust the build (that still happens to me sometimes when I super tighten it with pliers)

But then the new airflow is much bigger, that's some improvement. And the new top filling could be great - as long as it doesn't leak with the closed off juice/airflow, then yeah I do like that. That's the best change for me. I guess the juice control might be useful - at least, the ability to turn it off. But I don't get the point of 'adjusting' juice when the holes are so small - I couldn't imagine having too much juice with the standard four juice holes. If the juice holes were Goliath sized, and then they could be turned down, then that would be a good change.

I adore the Aqua v2 - I have six of them (yeah OK not six authentic..) I just don't know what to think about the new 'SE'. I do like that new top filling method - if it works, that's great, because although I like the accessible-deck filling method of the v2 (and SE), those juice holes are pretty small, so filling from most bottles can take ages. It's fast with a syringe, but then you have to factor in the time to fill that syringe, and overall it still takes some time.

But then I hate the new 2.5ml capacity, am worried about the ceramic insulator meaning the positive post will always be loose, and am disappointed that there's been no improvements to make the deck more spacious with room for more coils. If that 2.5ml capacity had come at the cost of a wider deck, I could understand it - might even prefer it. But the deck is not really any different, and the capacity is lower just because the tank is shorter which annoys the hell out of me - just extend the narrow part of the chimney, and the tanks by a few mm and let's have some useful capacity in there.

I really hope I'm wrong but so far I have to say I'm quite disappointed - it feels like two steps forward, two steps back.

Here's a closer look - I think by Footoon himself? (He keeps saying "I changed this.." etc):

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Those look nice..How did you like the GUS ATO?!? Or did you not order that one..I can't keep up with you at all Sedge old bud...hehe [emoji14]
Speaking of Gus, the new Aqua SE (like v2) will hybrid on to anyone's Gus 22mm mods, as they both have the same 20x1 hybrid connection :)

I have a feeling that SE would look INCREDIBLE on the Jazz & War.

THE WGU CLUB

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Speaking of Gus, the new Aqua SE (like v2) will hybrid on to anyone's Gus 22mm mods, as they both have the same 20x1 hybrid connection :)

I have a feeling that SE would look INCREDIBLE on the Jazz & War.

THE WGU CLUB
They sure look awesome in hybrid mode..I almost bought a used GUS at one time..The GUS at one time was THE mech mod to own.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Oh, that's good to know. I wasn't sure if it had a hybrid connector. I have a few 20 x 1 mechs.

FB doesn't always work well when you're on a tablet. I had been on Footoon's page earlier yesterday, and the last post I had seen said one more week on the SE. So I wasn't expecting it to be available for purchase last night.

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Congrats D, you have the best luck with footoon. He absolutely hooked you up when you needed some parts.
Yeah, I know, it was nuts how PHAT he hooked it up, lol

I'm totally stoked I won, I can't believe it, wahoo [emoji14]

THE WGU CLUB

Reactions: Mtek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread