Aqua v2 by Footoon Authentic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Kind of bummed... received a second hand authentic Aqua V2 in the mail this morning and it appears to have issues. Tried to put a build on it and the positive post spun on me. I figured the positive just needed to be tightened. Wrong - appears that the threads are stripped.

Anyone know of a vendor which sells Aqua V2 parts?

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Kind of bummed... received a second hand authentic Aqua V2 in the mail this morning and it appears to have issues. Tried to put a build on it and the positive post spun on me. I figured the positive just needed to be tightened. Wrong - appears that the threads are stripped.

Anyone know of a vendor which sells Aqua V2 parts?

Oh, no! I'm so sorry :( I hope you can fix it.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Oh, no! I'm so sorry :( I hope you can fix it.

Thanks to a very helpful suggestion, I was able to get it running. I fed a piece of ribbon Kanthal through the insulator of the positive connection and threaded the positive "cap" on. The ribbon took up the slack from the janky threads and the post is now solid as a rock. It worked perfectly. Not my preferred fix but it works and buys me some time to source some parts.

dy6kQT.jpg

Sunburst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I'm having trouble visualizing that. Can you post a picture?

If you take off the positive terminal, pull the hybrid cover thingy, the lower 510 insulator, the 510 pin/positive post and then pop the delrin air manifold off, you'll see that there's an insulator in the deck for the positive post. When re-inserting the 510/positive post through that insulator, you slide a beef-up where the threads are the most thrashed to help shore up the connection. I used 30 gauge to fix a, um, very similar device.

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
As info, I contacted Footoon via Facebook. I was offered a replacement part for a USD$25 shipping charge. I just need to clarify that they'll send the actual brass post and the threaded post "cap". No indication was made that replacement parts are available anywhere but from Footoon directly.

yours is authentic, correct? just contact the distributor at adventgardeinc@gmail.com -- they sent a friend of mine a free replacement post. I wouldnt deal with footoon.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes, it is authentic. Thanks for the head's up. I'll shoot them an email right now.

As a follow up, I emailed the US distributor several times with no response. So, I bought a Tobeco clone and used the positive post bits in my authentic. They fit and work 100%. I would have liked to have kept this thing 100% OG but, no dice. I'm also now using the Tobeco plastic tank since the OG tank cracked to the point of leaking. I would like to source a clear tank like the original but all the aftermarket replacement tanks are frosted... or at least the ones I can find.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
As a follow up, I emailed the US distributor several times with no response. So, I bought a Tobeco clone and used the positive post bits in my authentic. They fit and work 100%. I would have liked to have kept this thing 100% OG but, no dice. I'm also now using the Tobeco plastic tank since the OG tank cracked to the point of leaking. I would like to source a clear tank like the original but all the aftermarket replacement tanks are frosted... or at least the ones I can find.

I've read a few times they're hard to source. Frosted, but the FT OTM replacement tanks are well machined. If you need one, PM me. I bought 5, and they accidentally sent me 10 (although forgot something else I ordered, so I just said, oh well). I gave 3 to a friend, but still have 7 :)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Hey all,

Hope it's OK to resurrect this 'sleeping' thread!

My question is, has anyone tried making a build without the posts at all? I was thinking if I got a little brass nut for the positive, and a 4mm screw for the negative (that would be harder to find), I could wire directly into the deck with no posts at all!

I really like that idea because it gives so much more space to work with. For example I could use a huge single coil, going between both air holes - maybe a large nickel spaced coil for TC, for example.

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread