Status
Not open for further replies.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
:thumb:
It really doesn't take long to break even on a Provari, Reo, some custom box mod, or anything else you want.

Compared to what I was spending on cigarettes………

I could start a new carto every day.
buy moderately priced juice to feed my normal pace.
And buy seven provaris every year.

And come out ahead.

Replace the cartos with something that (for me) actually works like the vivi nova, and you can even afford batteries. And, seriously, 7 provaris a year……make it 6 and you can afford batteries and a charger. And that's still a new provari every 2 months.

The only thing that seems to really cost money is throwing/giving away juice you don't like.

100% corret if you have the $$$$$$$$$$$ spend it on Quality :thumb:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
:thumb:

100% corret if you have the $$$$$$$$$$$ spend it on Quality :thumb:

I re-did the math based on what I actually use.

2 new vivi novas. ~$30
5-pack of heads. ~$15 (not shopping around………also stupid overkill…one of my heads is on day 46)
2x AW IMR 18490s $22 (from provape, who overcharges)
Black Provari w/blue LED $195
XTar WP2 ~$20
Juice Budget $100 (almost 400ml if it's from madvapes, ~200ml from rawr or AVE)

Total cost: $382

60 packs of Lucky Strikes at $64/carton: $384

That "kit" is ridiuclus overkill. And I'd be saving $1/month compared to cigarettes.

No one in their right mind would buy that much stuff. Ever. And ROI is still 2 months if you don't count shipping.

If you're going to complain that I'm not accounting for shipping, please look back at that again and realize that at the end of one year, I'd have 12 vivi novas, 30 vivi nova heads, 6 very good chargers, 12 AW IMR batteries, up to 2.4 Liters of juice (either vaped or left over), and six provaris.

Alter the buy list to make it the least bit reasonable, and I'd be saving a lot of money. You could buy a similar kit with a 50-pack of Boges for about the same price if you made do with only a couple new chargers and a handfull (as opposed to bag full) of new batteries each year……or if you bought a reasonable number of Provaris……like only one every 3 months.

I realize a lot of people didn't smoke cigarettes that expensive, that some people roll their own, and that taxes are lower in some states, or that some people prefer other delivery systems……but again……six Provaris a year.

It's not that expensive. The only thing that's stopped me from buying one this long is that I'm afraid I'll hate having to use that menu system (not that I won't be able to do it). And I've about convinced myself to suck it up and try it. I've got enough juice to last a while and about 3 weeks until my vaping budget (compared to smoking) has Provari money sitting in it again.

Last edited:

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Right on mostapha!!

lol, the menu system.......I really really really find it hilarious that so many have some weird fascination with how bad/touchy/strange/goofy/problematic/ the menu system supposedly is. Really?....I mean really....it's 6 lil options, press the button and scroll through them.

Mostaph, I wouldn't worry about it it's really pretty simple. I personally believe that all this "bad menu" buzz if mostly from people or have gotten sooo used to a lavatube and fear change or by haters trying to find something bad to say about Provari's (vmax and other 1 button VV clones have the almost identical menus but no-body's .....in about those....)

Oh yeah, back on topic.........for people that think Provari is too expensive.......how about going and getting a GGTS mechanical mod for $300 - $500 before you even have any batteries aor atomizers......:ohmy: (not hatin on the GG folks, it just still kinda blows me away :toast:)

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I've kept track of all my expenditures on vaping using the 'Blog' feature here on ECF. I've tabulated ALL my costs (including shipping) plus free stuff from contests. I went the (more or less) usual route: egos, box mods, VV box mods, and then Twists.

For a while I quit buying juice & the newest lastest clearos/tanks/etc. until I was "ahead" of my break even point by more than $125. I knew from the reviews that the ProVari was one of the top-of-the-line APVs available today and that I wanted one. Quality USA build vs. indeterminate Chinese QC.

As of this post, I'm back with $33 of "Breaking Even" again. As soon as I get ahead again, I can spend on RBAs/clearos/tanks. I'm going to continue to work my way though older juices until they're gone before I start buying more again.

One thing to remember, my break even is predicated on the OLD $40/carton price for Marlboro Special Blend. Now, they're almost $60/carton. So if I were to adjust my cost per pack to the average over time, my "savings" would be even greater.

No 'funny' numbers or 'squishy' math, just specific detailed accounting.

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I really really really find it hilarious that so many have some weird fascination with how bad/touchy/strange/goofy/problematic/ the menu system supposedly is. Really?....I mean really....it's 6 lil options, press the button and scroll through them.

It's not a matter of it being complicated. I got it from the first video I saw, and I'm 100% confident that I could pick up yours and use it to get a great vape right now with no hand-holding, manual reading, or screw ups.

My life is very stop & go…hence all the times on forums, but the high stress points are pretty high stress. The question then is what happens when I click one too many times or overshoot a voltage during one of those high-stress times. I meditate. I'm a geek. I know how to use it. But I also have a pile of broken iPhone screens to prove that small stress triggers at exactly the right time makes any sense of budget priorities go out the window……and I tend to take that frustration out on electronics.

Will the Provari end up making a hole in my wall when something like that happens, or will it be zen-enough that I just calmly vape through it? That's my only question.

It's a personal thing, and it has more to do with my relationship with technology than any specific flaw of the Provari. But considering the number of broken iPhone, headphones, laptops, watches, pens, and everything else I've seen……I can't be the only one.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
For those that are really into the money saving thing, just consider a rebuilable atomizer :)

My GF was buying about 2 atomizers(about $8 each) a month (she has a really long draw habit and works em pretty good). I got hear a $10 rebuildable and $8.50 100' roll of resistance wire...........for $18.50 she can now have fresh atomizer coils for the next 8-12 years...:ohmy:

IMO a Provari really is best suited with rebuildables and by that rational the Provari saves you even more money and makes yer vape expenses even cheaper ;)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
It's not a matter of it being complicated. I got it from the first video I saw, and I'm 100% confident that I could pick up yours and use it to get a great vape right now with no hand-holding, manual reading, or screw ups.

My life is very stop & go…hence all the times on forums, but the high stress points are pretty high stress. The question then is what happens when I click one too many times or overshoot a voltage during one of those high-stress times. I meditate. I'm a geek. I know how to use it. But I also have a pile of broken iPhone screens to prove that small stress triggers at exactly the right time makes any sense of budget priorities go out the window……and I tend to take that frustration out on electronics.

Will the Provari end up making a hole in my wall when something like that happens, or will it be zen-enough that I just calmly vape through it? That's my only question.

It's a personal thing, and it has more to do with my relationship with technology than any specific flaw of the Provari. But considering the number of broken iPhone, headphones, laptops, watches, pens, and everything else I've seen……I can't be the only one.

You set it and forget it. The only time you will be using the menu is when you are changing the atty or the juice. After that, you just vape away. The only other time I use it is when I am checking the battery level as I don't want my batteries running all the way down all the time. And that is a conscious decision to do that, so I wouldn't be doing it during a stress moment. Just sayin'

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
The Provari is not as expensive as people make it out to be. I frequently hear prices quoted from $300-$400. I think the price tag on the Provari is actually quite reasonable. You don't have to have an orange Provari, with blue LEDs and an extended warranty.

A nice Provari is only $159. That is not a bad price for what your getting.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Me too! Thank God for the classies. I sold all my other PVs on them and bought a 2nd Provari for backup. I drop it constantly, use it in the pool and as time has gone by I don't even check it to see if it works after a drop because it always does. Maybe one day it won't but I have a back up and I won't need a new PV because I can just send it in to Provape. All of this is priceless to me. Also I should add that I am no where near well off financially but the Provari just makes sense to me. I just kept trying more and more PVs until I got to the Provari with a cheap smok tech tank. It was the answer to my vaping prayers. I drive a mini van with 179,000 miles on it as well because it just works.
Maybe I didn't see it before, but it seems to be getting to the point that a handful of people see the word provari and flock to bash and tout the twist. "OMG it costs a lot!!! It has to be a waste of money!!!"

It's getting hard to read some threads here, and I would have been very turned off a few months ago had I seen this while trying to research. The funny thing...before I bought mine I was spending MORE because I kept trying to find something that worked for me without spending the money on a provari.

Don Kaluminati

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Hey guys whats up I'm a relatively new provari user/owner here. I ordered my first satin black mini with blue LED's about a week and a half ago and when it got here 4 days later I was floored. It seems like everyone on youtube has smaller hands because I was looking at the bubble wrap in the box when it arrived kinda peeved and thought where the hell is my provari lol. Anyways I love my provari so much I ordered a second one black with blue and an extended warranty. The crappy thing is I live in Washington so I paid near $50 in taxes for both but would rather buy from the manufacturer instead of the classies. The tax is irrelevant to me because these friggin rock.
I started with the smoov I paid $70 for at a local shop... expensive. Then got two ego type batteries for $45. Then I got a vari-tube/young june 2.0 mini for $45 which is actually a really good piece it's just sucking ... on the 510 connection's quality control and is kind of cheaply made and slapped together. It does vape awesome as hell though and is my garage/work vaporizer. Now I'm puffin on my provaris, an oddyseus v2, and waiting until my cobra atomizer, and bliss atty show up.

Yes these are expensive but @mostapha at least you don't have to pay a state tax like I did. You are basically getting the color you want for free and it's free shipping. The colored provaris have a tough ceramic coating too. These things are built like a tank, and the menu is as simple as operating a microwave.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC

Dude, you gotta get that ish in check, speaking from experience. :D My temper used to cost me lots, and lots of money. I am very much a UI guy when it comes to tech, and that drives many of my decisions on phones, computers, etc. i got my Provari mini on Monday, and I couldn't be happier with it. That being said, there are times I overshoot my desired choice, and yes I have to click like 4 times to get back to where I was; but seriously, it's not as bad as it's made out to be, nowhere near that bad.

Also, much like you, my life is very stop and go, with more emphasis on go, go, go. A good mechanical mod is awesome when out and about, and I don't worry at all about dropping it or anything else as there are zero electronics in it. I love having both of them at my disposal, but if I could only have one, it would most likely be the Provari based on flexibility alone.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Don, right on man!!!

Lemme know how that Cobra works out for ya:) I was about to get one then saw a deal on a bliSS I couldn't pass up....it should be here tomorrow.

Regarding a good mechanical mod as a backup, I keep a Puresmoker Legacy mini at my disposal cause there are plenty of time where I know for a fact I'm gonna go out and do somethin stupid or crazy and I KNOW that it will survive anything I throw at it (or it being thown at anything;) )

The way this Provari feels, I'm sure it would handle almost as much abuse but nothing wrong with a good back-up. :toast:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just a personal thing, but if it's not satin black with a blue LED, it's not worth $10. If I'm going to put up with the menu, I'm not going to put up with grey.

If YOU tell me that you're even CONSIDERING buying a ProVari now, I'm seriously going to start worrying about that whole Mayan Calendar BS. That'd be like Wade Biggs going to play for the Yanke... Wait. That was probably a bad choice of illustrations.

Lemme get back to you on that last bit.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Just a personal thing, but if it's not satin black with a blue LED, it's not worth $10. If I'm going to put up with the menu, I'm not going to put up with grey.

Not a fan of 24k gold I see. But ya, personally, I kinda agree. That's why I went with satin black and blue LED :D , but my mom got satin blue with blue LED, and if she stops using it, oh bet I'm gonna take that off her hands.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
If YOU tell me that you're even CONSIDERING buying a ProVari now, I'm seriously going to start worrying about that whole Mayan Calendar BS. That'd be like Wade Biggs going to play for the Yanke... Wait. That was probably a bad choice of illustrations.

Lemme get back to you on that last bit.

I read him ADMITTING he is jealous and will probably buy one. I swear I did, and I thought, but then who will be here to bash it all the time? I can't wait for this post saying "you won't believe it but, I finally pulled the trigger". Now he has made his color choice, the clock is ticking down...

Oh, and Mostapha, just bear in mind if you find out you absolutely, really can't do the easiest menu in the world, you can put it in the classifieds and get your money back. Just sayin'

ETA: see post 162. He is so close now to buying it... MOSTAPHA.. YOU MUST make a new post when you do. Many of us are very eager to see it in your hands ;)

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I read him ADMITTING he is jealous and will probably buy one. I swear I did, and I thought, but then who will be here to bash it all the time? I can't wait for this post saying "you won't believe it but, I finally pulled the trigger". Now he has made his color choice, the clock is ticking down...

Oh, and Mostapha, just bear in mind if you find out you absolutely, really can't do the easiest menu in the world, you can put it in the classifieds and get your money back. Just sayin'

ETA: see post 162. He is so close now to buying it... MOSTAPHA.. YOU MUST make a new post when you do. Many of us are very eager to see it in your hands ;)

Awww be fair to Mostapha. :p He's always admitted that the Provari is great. His hatred for the device has always been aimed at the single button UI...

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Awww be fair to Mostapha. :p He's always admitted that the Provari is great. His hatred for the device has always been aimed at the single button UI...

I am being fair. It is a love hate thing ya know. I will LOVE to hear him say he doesn't HATE it. All he has to do is PULL THE TRIGGER. He wants it, he knows he does... come on MOSTAPHA, dooooo eeeetttt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread