For Reals This Time: 2012 ECF Juice of the Year Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa Da Tay

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
I dont see mine either, and I messaged them. Found out that there was a fee they had to pay to be in this.

Seriously someone told you that? This was an unofficial official poll done purely for fun and interest with no money involved. I actually noted the absence of Virgin and thought that was interesting given she was a multi-category winner in the previous year's poll. Go figure.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
A fee to be in the Best of voting? Or a fee to be listed on ECF?
Anyone can be voted on during the voting. It usually starts at the end of the year. It's for the members of ECF by the members of ECF. Neither ECF nor any Vendors have anything to do with this. There are no fees associated with this fun end of year activity.

Yes, to have a supplier affiliation on ECF, vendors do have to pay a fee and meet ECF requirements.

WHEW.

Funny how things come around. I ran/tabulated the 2011 poll and decided not to participate this year because of all the time and effort. Well, being that mwa is missing in action, I just put time and effort into the 2012 poll. A few notes: For juices that appeared in multiple categories (House Blend and Cinful Pear are the most significant ones), I assigned them to the one category in which they received the most votes (e.g. House Blend got some votes in Tobacco, but overwhelmingly was voted in Bakery/Desserts). Also when someone voted for one juice across multiple categories, I only counted one vote for that juice and categorized it according to the principle I just discussed. I will also post the entire spreadsheet soon but for now will just post the main winners, so without further ado....

JOTYA_zps3ab353f7.jpg

https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/romeo-y-julieta-cuban-cigars/romeo-y-julieta-churchills.html

Here's the main portion of the spreadsheet. It's pretty much a chore to export these as jpg's that are readable on here so I'm having to crop everything to fit. For Overall Vendor, I only counted the main vendors who had a chance to contend, fyi.

JOTY1a_zpsa3bc0377.jpg

JOTY1b_zps53882ef0.jpg

Thanks for share this excellent info about Juice of the year awards

Last edited:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Couldn't you send out an email notice to each member about the Vote? Just a thought ...
I, too, would love to see 'everyone's votes' - but in the back of my brain, I'm thinking...WHEW, what a job to record and organize all of them!! I do so appreciate the work that went into compiling this list/info for us, as well as all the folks who offered their opinions. Now, I'm thinking perhaps a similar voting thread to get a favorites list for concentrated flavorings or DIY juice ingredients...?? Do you think there's enough folks making their own juices to be of interest to the ECF members? NancyB

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles
According to this post people only bought from 17 vendors in 2012. Sounds questionable.

What are you saying? You, and many other people need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and understand that the OP, out of pure kindness, went out of her/his way to compile a list of many (NOT ALL) favorite e liquids and vendors. That's all this is.
Thank you OP :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread