Found out the worst thing about the Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
So....if you were ordering your first provari....which one would it be????

Me personally i went for the Satin Black Provari, with the charger and 2 IMR 18490 batteries, i thought over and over again about getting the extention cap and 2 18650 batteries instead, but i decided i can do that some other time if i need the extra battery life (or when the 2 batteries finally wear out and i need to buy more)

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
Me personally i went for the Satin Black Provari, with the charger and 2 IMR 18490 batteries, i thought over and over again about getting the extention cap and 2 18650 batteries instead, but i decided i can do that some other time if i need the extra battery life (or when the 2 batteries finally wear out and i need to buy more)

What is the best tank that will work with the Provari?

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
What is the best tank that will work with the Provari?

any tank would work, but do some research (im actually trying to do the research/testing myself, but havnt received my provari yet) im trying to find a tank that doesnt leak, doesnt flood, and looks good on the provari... so far ive heard good things about J-Tank, Map Tanks, and there was 1 or 2 others that i can't remember the name of, when i figure the whole tank stuff out ill try to let you know but im just about as lost as you there, i have 2 Smoktech dual coil cartomizer tanks and honestly they flood like crazy, its almost like when they punched the cartomizer they punched all the way through to the center air hole and the juice just runs straights into bottom connector. i am impressed with Boge carto's and i think i want a tank that works with boge cartomizers but i am also really interested in the ce2 designed tanks, but need to find one that does not have wicking issues before i would put it on my provari.

Well, if you need your Blu to work well for you till your mini arrives, my honest suggestion is grab a couple LR carto's (i used boge 2.0 ohm carto's) and the blu e cig did not completely suck, the main problem with blu e-cig is those are 3 ohm carto's on a 3.7 volt device, or possible even lower voltage, and they have low nicotine levels (for me anyway). The only other problem is the battery life which putting a lower ohm carto on will probably make the battery life worse but i am almost sure that if you put a LR carto on there with a higher nicotine liquid that it will get you almost completely off of analogs till your mini arrives.

I ordered a lot of carto's to go with my Provari and they will probably be here at least a week, maybe 2 before the mini arrives, so I can try your suggestion. I should have juice to go with them around the same time. Being in Georgia puts my lead times farther out than I would like, so ordering more items would be a pain. There is one store here that sells PV items, they only carry V2 as far as I could tell, but maybe I will pick up some cartos from them to use with my blu in the interim.

Last edited:

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
I ordered a lot of carto's to go with my Provari and they will probably be here at least a week, maybe 2 before the mini arrives, so I can try your suggestion. I should have juice to go with them around the same time. Being in Georgia puts my lead times farther out than I would like, so ordering more items would be a pain. There is one store here that sells PV items, they only carry V2 as far as I could tell, but maybe I will pick up some cartos from them to use with my blu in the interim.

Be carefully screwing them into the blu e-cig battery, it does fit but it seems as though it can slightly push the center pin of the carto up a little making you have to fiddle with it to connect it to another battery (doesnt happen if you just screw it in till its flush). Also i have not tried this for long periods of time so make sure the battery doesnt heat up to much, or anything along those lines and i would definitelly try to only use 1 carto for your blu e-cig battery since long term use of a LR on a low OHM battery i have no idea what the down sides of it could be.

Just kind of thought about the statement that the LR cartos are "not for batteries under 450 mah" or something like that, not sure what it means exactly, ill try to look real quick though. The other thing you can do it just fill up an empty blu cartomizer with an e-liquid thats a higher nicotine level and it should do ok, but i can't stand the low amounts of vapor from them.

Ok, just did some research and it turns out that the LR carto's will potentially kill your blu e-cig battery, so i would not put anything lower than 2.5 ohm on them (unfortunetly) but even 2.5 ohm should work better than the 3.0 ohm that they are sticking on the mini 3.7 volt battery. So 2.0 ohm is to a little low for a blu e cig, but i think 2.5 ohm should be ok so instead of vaping at 4.5 watts or so (im assuming the blu cig is 3.7 volts) you will be at almost 5.5 watts (5.476 to be exact). which should give a decent increase to your blu cig while you wait for your provari

Still no info on my provari being shipped, this is literally hell! :(

Last edited:

Seraphina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2012
Sunny Southern California
My husband just got his today and it's one of the new ones with the blue led. It took 11 days from the time we ordered. Mine is on its way and I'm getting the silver satin that we are going to anodize it or powder coat it. My husband will be glad when it gets here so I won't keep taking his! ;-):p

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
My husband just got his today and it's one of the new ones with the blue led. It took 11 days from the time we ordered. Mine is on its way and I'm getting the silver satin that we are going to anodize it or powder coat it. My husband will be glad when it gets here so I won't keep taking his! ;-):p

Lol ill just be glad when mine gets here, my ego's are slowly failing out or so it seems, seems like the voltage drops quicker than it used to, or atleast thats the only explaination i can think of for the cart to be producing less warm vapor as i use the battery, or maybe im just noticing it more now than a month ago when i started vaping but its driving me insane

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
hey my order just shipped I just got the email sent Friday 03/30/2012 12:50 am these guys must be working around the clock go provape. Yay!

What did you order and what was your order # if you dont mind me asking, seeing how far from my # they are, and yea i think they do work round the clock, their person doing support doesnt seem to sleep, sends emails all day and night just about... by far the best and i mean best support in the world, never heard of sending a support ticket and 5 minutes later having a hand writen e-mail from their support team in my in box, it makes big companies and every single tech support i have ever had to deal with look like complete amatuers.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
Hey, you might be surprised! I ordered mine last Tuesday and got it this Tuesday (I believe). I have been so enthralled with it that I can't even remember not having it. A few days with it feels like an eternity, and each vape feels like dream (IMO).

Anticipation will not be for naught!

Yeah, i talked to provape they dont have the stuff for mine yet, but they should within the next 5 days or so

Looks like all the stuff to ship my Provari is in, but they had some kind of issue with my billing vs shipping address. I sent them an e-mail, but being over seas the delay from that will be 1-2 days. My tanks are in country and my juice is on a plane, now for the PV!!

In the meantime I purchased a V2 battery and some cartos for it, this thing makes the blu look like a toy. I was able, with the V2 in hand, to drop the analogs altogether even before my Provari gets in. I have not had an analog since Sunday morning when I finished my last pack. Feels good man! :D

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
Oh man, has the damn thing shipped yet? Crossing my fingers for you brother.

Yeah, it actually shipped yesterday (well the 4th just realized i posted this after midnight), provape pulled a trick on me, me being impatient asked again if they knew what the hold up might be and they said (1 or 2 more days and apologized...) but when i looked in my email to read their reply there was also a shipping notification lol.

USPS Estimates it being here tomorrow, but i dont know since its still in WA state and im on the east coast, we will see.

Last edited:

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
Yeah, it actually shipped yesterday (well the 4th just realized i posted this after midnight), provape pulled a trick on me, me being impatient asked again if they knew what the hold up might be and they said (1 or 2 more days and apologized...) but when i looked in my email to read their reply there was also a shipping notification lol.

USPS Estimates it being here tomorrow, but i don't know since its still in WA state and im on the east coast, we will see.

some times they forget to update some of the middle man stops a package makes. or at least that is what I have noticed. the more I read and watch about these things the more I am tempted to pull the trigger...even though I really don't need to spend that kinda cash right now...I thought about a lava tube but all of the reviews I have watched say they suck .... on LR and dual coil stuff...which just so happens to be my whole arsenal except for 5 carts and 1 atty. and seeing as how most of the carts I have are unused it would not make sense to buy all new stuff just to make the lava tube better.

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
Just ordered mine last night, shipped this morning. Black Satin V2.

Gave up vaping and started MYO cigarettes, but that's getting old quick, regardless of ~$2 packs. Before I gave up vaping, I was using a Prodigy V2 I believe, this will be my first experience with vaping above 3.7v and variable voltage. Can't wait to get it, wish they had the blue LEDs/displays.. oh well, guess I'll just have to get a black satin mini with blue LEDs when they are available :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread