Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Since Liionwholesale and I think even IMRbatteries (and maybe even other retailers) are dumping their stock of LG batts due to LG Chem making a stink about consumers (and particularly vapers) using their OEM batteries, what is the future going to look like for vapers who use 18650/21700 mods?

If these cell retailers are forced or feel compelled to stop carrying all brands of OEM batts, how will this affect vapers?

And what about rewraps? Is this part of the industry in danger in any way? Will battery manufacturers be reluctant to sell batteries to companies that rewrap them for consumer use (be it vaping, flashlights, etc.)?

I was hoping that @Mooch could chime in here. I know you bench test batteries, but surely you must have some information you've gathered in your dealings with companies in this industry.

BTW: I don't mean this thread to be an LG bashing thread.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I feel I have heard mooch address this in a video recently. I think he said something along the lines of this. Molicel (if memory serves me) has no issues with vapers and will continue to have them on the market for all these 18650 devices like flashlights and mods and such.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Batteries, like life will always find a way.
    NVixYTJ.jpg

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Since Liionwholesale and I think even IMRbatteries (and maybe even other retailers) are dumping their stock of LG batts due to LG Chem making a stink about consumers (and particularly vapers) using their OEM batteries, what is the future going to look like for vapers who use 18650/21700 mods?

If these cell retailers are forced or feel compelled to stop carrying all brands of OEM batts, how will this affect vapers?

And what about rewraps? Is this part of the industry in danger in any way? Will battery manufacturers be reluctant to sell batteries to companies that rewrap them for consumer use (be it vaping, flashlights, etc.)?

I was hoping that @Mooch could chime in here. I know you bench test batteries, but surely you must have some information you've gathered in your dealings with companies in this industry.

BTW: I don't mean this thread to be an LG bashing thread.

The big manufacturers only sell to companies that incorporate their cells into the device or make fully protected battery packs. There are no authorized sales of “loose” individual cells to anyone. Rewrapping companies get them as excess inventory sold off by the big customers or via less-than-authorized means.

IMHO, China won’t care what Samsung, LG etc., say. The rewrappers and other companies will still sell these cells. Beyond that I don’t think anyone has any idea what could happen or when. We’ll all have to just see how it plays out and make decisions as we go along.

But, as @Zaryk mentioned, Molicel will sell to us and they have two great cells, the P26A and P42A.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The big manufacturers only sell to companies that incorporate their cells into the device or make fully protected battery packs. There are no authorized sales of “loose” individual cells to anyone. Rewrapping companies get them as excess inventory sold off by the big customers or via less-than-authorized means.

IMHO, China won’t care what Samsung, LG etc., say. The rewrappers and other companies will still sell these cells. Beyond that I don’t think anyone has any idea what could happen or when. We’ll all have to just see how it plays out and make decisions as we go along.

But, as @Zaryk mentioned, Molicel will sell to us and they have two great cells, the P26A and P42A.

Thanks for responding.

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread