G6 Mini-tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team RamRod

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Monticello Minnesota
Loaded the one I bought with Tribeca, seems to be about the same flavor out of the carto, maybe a tick sweeter. It also is touchy on one of my batteries, if it isn't sitting just right it won't fire. I'll run it dry, rinse it and try another flavor in it. I have my sampler pack all uncapped and sitting in a drawer right now so they will hopefully open up some.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Loaded the one I bought with Tribeca, seems to be about the same flavor out of the carto, maybe a tick sweeter. It also is touchy on one of my batteries, if it isn't sitting just right it won't fire. I'll run it dry, rinse it and try another flavor in it. I have my sampler pack all uncapped and sitting in a drawer right now so they will hopefully open up some.

When leaving different flavor juices opened in close quarters, do you get any flavor from one contaminating others?

I've found HX3 to be very strong smelling. I can smell it in a capped carto. I wonder if my bottle was open next to, say my Menthol Ice bottle, would there be a hint of HX3 in my Menthol Ice juice?

Team RamRod

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Monticello Minnesota
When leaving different flavor juices opened in close quarters, do you get any flavor from one contaminating others?

I've found HX3 to be very strong smelling. I can smell it in a capped carto. I wonder if my bottle was open next to, say my Menthol Ice bottle, would there be a hint of HX3 in my Menthol Ice juice?

I have no idea if they will cross contaminate. :blink: I'd better cap them up and let them steep a touch at home. Good looking out! :toast:

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I have no idea if they will cross contaminate. :blink: I'd better cap them up and let them steep a touch at home. Good looking out! :toast:

I stopped by a local cigar shop and picked up a couple empty boxes - taller cubes with slide-in tops rather than the traditional flat rectangular ones with flip open tops to store juices. At this point in my vaping career I only need one, but I figure I can store stronger smelling juices like HX3 in its own box. Now that i think about it, I guess steeping juices in their own dedicated box would work pretty well in those too. The ones I got dont smell like cigars, they're wooden without paper wrapping/lining.

My local cigar shop has tons of empty boxes and it seemed like I was doing them a favor by taking them. Since I think cigar boxes are cool, I think I'll grab a regular one for hardware too.

Last edited:

Political

May 2, 2013
Interplanetary
I've been using one tank for two weeks with Menthol Ice, and i freaking LOVE it!! :)

Really, to me if feels and tastes like the closest thing to a menthol analog that I've found, and I've been vaping one thing or another since January 2012 when I quit analogs.

Anyway, the mini tank is much, much better than the cartos, and it also fits on the Triton battery, among others.

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
I've got one in each color except green. I had a green one but when I filled it, I didn't give enough time for the wicks to absorb the juice. You could see where the stretch of the wicks that enter the coil post were discolored. It discolored the liquid too and gave a burnt flavor about every other hit. I tried cleaning it but the burnt taste was still present. Had to toss it. Lesson learned. The others have worked like champs and I have each one loaded with a different flavor. The different colored tanks make the flavors quickly identifiable!

Also had one loaded with a strong flavor and when nearly empty simply rinsed under hot water then shook it out. Soaked in 190 proof grain alcohol for a few minutes, shook it out. Let the alcohol evaporate for a couple hours and good as new! Put in a different flavor and the old was undetectable!

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Hi everyone, just got my two mini tanks in the mail. Does anyone know how long the .9 ml of liquid will last? I ask, because I filled my tank, let it sit for a bit, then started using it, and over 2 hrs and approximately 40-50 drags I was down to .4ml in the tank. Did I maybe not let the wick system absorb enough?

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Hi everyone, just got my two mini tanks in the mail. Does anyone know how long the .9 ml of liquid will last? I ask, because I filled my tank, let it sit for a bit, then started using it, and over 2 hrs and approximately 40-50 drags I was down to .4ml in the tank. Did I maybe not let the wick system absorb enough?

Although it is true that the wick absorbs some ejuice, more to the point is that the mini tank will cook more ejuice per puff (which is why you get more vapor!) than a standard cartomizer. Although I certainly do like, and use the mini-tanks, per fill, you will get more vapor and more flavorful vaping, but at the cost of going through more ejuice.

Alas...it is the price of better quality vaping...

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Hmm, wish I'd seen your reply before opening a new thread! I work as a 911 dispatcher, and its been pretty crazy in here today.

I thought I was going crazy. While the first time I filled the tank I got ridiculous throat hit and vapor, both of those seem to diminish the more drags you take in succession. I really do like the tanks, but this slightly throws a wrench in my "going from $200 a month down to $30" euphoria I've been in (and been pushing to my wife, who's been riding my ... financially for. Long time). I can live with an extra $20 spent per month.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
No different from cartomizers in that the first hits are always the most powerful. Keep in mind that G6 and Triton batteries are unregulated batteries. That means that they deliver the most voltage upon being freshly charged and slowly drop in delivered voltage until they hit their cut-off point.

Add to that the fact that your taste quickly adjusts, therefore the effect seems less even at the same strength. Ever notice that your first cigarette is the "strongest" one?

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
No different from cartomizers in that the first hits are always the most powerful. Keep in mind that G6 and Triton batteries are unregulated batteries. That means that they deliver the most voltage upon being freshly charged and slowly drop in delivered voltage until they hit their cut-off point.

Add to that the fact that your taste quickly adjusts, therefore the effect seems less even at the same strength. Ever notice that your first cigarette is the "strongest" one?
That's a good point. It seems the first drag after awhile is the best, And i thought that was due to the atomizer heating up.

guy252

Apr 3, 2013
Israel
Hi All

got my minitanks 3 days ago, and as everyone said they are great! so much vapor comparing to my cartomizers :)
i have one question though. im using the minitanks with a v4l king and titan batteries and it works great. the thing is, that from time to time i get to taste the actual ejuice which is horrible...
how can that be? is this because of the battery?
when not in use, the minitanks are placecd horizontally in a carrying case

will greatly appreciate your advice
thanks,
-guy

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Hi All

got my minitanks 3 days ago, and as everyone said they are great! so much vapor comparing to my cartomizers :)
i have one question though. im using the minitanks with a v4l king and titan batteries and it works great. the thing is, that from time to time i get to taste the actual ejuice which is horrible...
how can that be? is this because of the battery?
when not in use, the minitanks are placecd horizontally in a carrying case

will greatly appreciate your advice
thanks,
-guy

Although I don't have much trouble with them, I have on occasion had a little ejuice escape to the mouthpiece...especially if I fill them a bit past the top marking. For such a small tank, they are pretty decent, but not as "goof-proof" as the larger Triton tanks. Most of the mini clearomizers that I've used seem a bit more prone to this. When carting them around, I recommend blowing through the mini tank before using (unscrew it from the battery first!)

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Whenever I fill my mini tanks I fill them past the top marking, but below where the silicone washer in the mouthpiece sits. Some tanks I never have issues with leaking, some do. Whenever I fill then, I always blow through them to get the excess juice out of the airflow. I'm not sure why some leak a bit and some don't.

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
I have found an easy quick fix for the small amount of juice getting in your mouth. I think it is more so from condensation than actually juice but very easy to fix. I am totally hooked on the mini tanks and have taken the filler material out of my old G6 cartomizers. I rinse the filler material and cut a small piece off of it and put it in the mouthpiece of my mini tank. It catches any condensation or juice and then when I fill my tank, I simply take it out, squeeze it dry in a paper towel and put it back in. It has completely fixed any juice in the mouth problems and also I get to recycle my old cartomizers. I use the filler material for my tank mouthpieces, then I wash the coil of the cartomizer and dry burn, then I use that to try new juices out. So its a win win all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread