Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I'll play along....

I started in June of 2012. 1st set up was a Janty Starter Kit. It got me off of tobacco, but dripping while trying to steer 75,000 lbs. at 70 mph was a little too much.
Then came the VV eGo and a Kanger T3. But I kept breaking them. (I tend to be hard on everything)

The REAL Game Changer for me was a REO Mini. Back before rba's became commonplace. "Blind Squonking" a 510 Cartomizer was a skill that needed to be developed, but I could keep my hand on the wheel and my eyes on the road.

Other than bottom feed rebuildables, I haven't progressed much. Haven't really needed to.

Sorry, no pics of those days left. But I did sell that little silver anodized REO Mini in the classifieds, and it would not surprise me if it is still around. Somewhere.....

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Sorry, no pics of those days left. But I did sell that little silver anodized REO Mini in the classifieds, and it would not surprise me if it is still around. Somewhere.....
Here ya go Papaw.
7reoslinedup.jpg

It's the one on the far left.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sad to report that it slowly died. We were great together. Looking back, though, I sense its purpose was fulfilled. I supported her through a very difficult time in her life, and thanks to her I still ~have~ a life. She also inspired my creativity.
All journeys in life are valuable. Sounds like this one was good for both of you. Thanks for sharing.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Sad to report that it slowly died. We were great together. Looking back, though, I sense its purpose was fulfilled. I supported her through a very difficult time in her life, and thanks to her I still ~have~ a life. She also inspired my creativity.

Awww At least you understand that you both benefited from the relationship while it lasted. Thank you for satisfying our curiosity. {{{{ Hugs }}}} just cuz I like to give them :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Kayfun Lite for me :rolleyes:

View attachment 705701
Well, the first commercial Kayfun actually (the 3.1ES) was the game changer - however the LITE just nailed it for me.

Thanks @ToolmanTexas for directing me to this thread.
I never knew you vaped kayfuns [emoji38]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
First game changer: Provari P2.5 (Mini and Standard) + Nautilus/Nautilus Mini. I finally had something I could trust, after 3 months or so of an endlessly growing pile of eGo batteries and CE4's. I vaped that exclusively for about a year, and never once went one minute without a working vape, which was my top priority.

Later game changer was dripping, limited on the Provari, but the KBox Mini got me into dual coil dripping.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Game Changer ??? Hmmmmmm. How 'bout this:

In April 2016 I received an iStick Pico. Liked it so much I made a video about it:

The next month My wife gave me a Triton Mini tank (with a Clapton coil) for my birthday. That combo has become my "Gold Standard" and I haven't bought anything since ... except more Clapton coils for the Triton Mini. I've been sent other gear to review but nothing has surpassed my Pico/Triton Mini combo. I've more or less "retired" from making e-cig reviews because nothing has topped my "Gold Standard" combo. Game Changer? Absolutely!

that was great. really well done. never wanted one before, but i'm now tempted.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
that was great. really well done. never wanted one before, but i'm now tempted.

After I tried the Triton Mini tank I wanted (needed) another one. Up here in Canada the prices are somewhat higher than found in the U.S. so ... I hauled out my credit card and bought Aspire's mini Pegasus kit (came with Triton Mini) from MyFreedomSmokes for $34.95 ... the exact price of the Triton Mini tank at my local vape shop. 3 weeks later (I hate ship times from the U.S.) it arrived. Thoughts about Mini Pegasus vs. iStick Pico mods:

As long as there's Triton Mini tank on top ... the differences are very minimal. After updating the Pico's firmware I was pleasantly surprised to see the "preheat" function. A finer tuned vape on the Pico. But ultimately it's a personal preferences deal. The Pico fits in my hand a tad bit better than the mini Pegasus. Regardless ... I use both of them daily. It's actually annoying to get New Stuff To Review because the new gear rarely performs as well as my "gold standard" stuff. A few things have almost come close, but nothing has surpassed. I'm thinking of making One More Video re: the Pico and the mini Pegasus as a "retirement" video. I'll wait for A New Thing to show up in my mailbox that will Change Vaping As We Know It ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Both mods are used daily/constantly. After 19 months there have been zero issues. I buy 18650 batteries and replacement coils (Clapton coils rule). That's it. If/When either mod dies ... I'll replace it. I vape. I'm happy. I refuse to change for the sake of change because ... everything works. That wasn't the case 7 years ago when I started vaping ... but it sure is true now.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My game changing list in the order of appearance...
-The first ego/CE4 clearo kits we got
-revamping then rebuilding clearos.
-protank1.
-rebuilding protanks.
-pink provari for my wife and a couple weeks later a black for me.
-discovery of cotton then hemp fiber as wick..buh bye silica.
-protank2.
-kayfun atty..expanded my building ability.
-DIY juice... nothing more needs to be said.
-rayon...buh bye cotton and hemp fiber.
-kanger subtank mini...the RBA further expands ones building ability.
-the Clapton coil
-stainless steel wire and using TC.
There are some other minor events but this is the short of almost 5 years of vaping with the last 2+ years vaping STM's, got my DIY down to a science and being totally self sufficient. My wife and I are floating in vape nirvana having a top shelf vape experience.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'm sitting here contemplating softly by myself...
I wonder if UmbaVape and their low WTA prices will change the game...?
I mean all vapers I know are basically chain vaping, and those in the know, knows why. Nicotine alone don't give the satisfaction we used to get from the smokes. To me a good WTA will do that...maybe not to the same extent, but its a good substitute for those that are serious about taking up vaping to get off the smokes.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm sitting here contemplating softly by myself...
I wonder if UmbaVape and their low WTA prices will change the game...?
I mean all vapers I know are basically chain vaping, and those in the know, knows why. Nicotine alone don't give the satisfaction we used to get from the smokes. To me a good WTA will do that...

I understand your position, but not with the unilateral assumption/description. For some, it's likely right on target - certainly for you it is.

But I'm fine with my vape, which is pretty much the exact same strength and style that I started with, 6+ years ago. I can only speak for myself, but I assure you that I want for nothing.

My vape, she is good. :vapor:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well I have been around for a while, and tried LOTS of things, but I am going to throw a ringer in here, MY game changer is Swedish Snus (ducks and runs for cover). I have been vaping for a lot of years, but I had to vape all the time, always had it in my hand. I thought I was addicted to the the hand to mouth, but I was wrong. Once I tried Swedish Snus, I was in my happy place. I do not feel the need to have something in my hand all the time vaping, I'm just satisfied with the Snus. I still vape, but I Snus more. (ducks and runs for cover again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread