Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think mine would have to be the Endura (older model), but was able to stop completely using the good ol' subtank and istick 30w back when it first came first out. New here by the way. Hi all!
Welcome. I quit with the same set up. Using the rba head provided the sweet spot that made me not buy another pack.

Eagle1

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Dallas, TX
For me it was the 5 volt box mod from Mad Vapes - battery box with internals that delivered 5 volts --- with a 3.0 ohm clearomizer. That was the only way I could get enough vapor to give me the same "feeling" in my mouth. After I started making my own "juice" it was easy to gradually stop -- when the vape started tasting a bit "sharp" I cut down the nicotine.

When I wanted a cig, I had a cig, but the wants gradually decreased. My last day of "smoking" was the morning I got up, lit the 1st cig, as always, and took the first drag - it tasted awful. I haven't had a cig or a desire to smoke since -- it's been MANY years since I've smoked, or had the desire to smoke.

BUT I still vape -- every once in a while, because I still like the feeling of the vapor in my mouth. And since I make my own liquid, I know it's safe.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I want to add something that stands out for me, in my vaping experience so far...
The first day I started vaping I knew I won't go back to smoking. Now you have to understand...I absolutely loved smoking, but got to that stage where I had to leave it as it affected my health. I tried so many things over about a 10 year period but always went back to my love...:eek:
I was always chain vaping, looking for that kick and satisfaction I got from the smokes. The more I vaped, the more I felt "one step behind" my smoking days...!
I'm rambling now, but you all know what i'm talking about...

Anyway....I recently got some WTA from Aroma. Loaded up my beloved Derringer and started heating it up...Man I got that tingle in the fingers and that old dizzying feeling again (a wee bit fainter but I felt it). By the time the Derringer was empty, I had that "satisfaction" feeling I used to get when i hit the siggy .......:p
I've since calmed down in the use of it, but I know its there if I want that feeling again.
For me it has changed the game, in the sense that I for some reason calmed down with the chain vaping and I appreciate my vaping more lately...might be psychosomatic (or whatever the right word is)... donno, but i sure am a happier vaper nowadays...:D

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I want to add something that stands out for me, in my vaping experience so far...
The first day I started vaping I knew I won't go back to smoking. Now you have to understand...I absolutely loved smoking, but got to that stage where I had to leave it as it affected my health. I tried so many things over about a 10 year period but always went back to my love...:eek:
I was always chain vaping, looking for that kick and satisfaction I got from the smokes. The more I vaped, the more I felt "one step behind" my smoking days...!
I'm rambling now, but you all know what i'm talking about...

Anyway....I recently got some WTA from Aroma. Loaded up my beloved Derringer and started heating it up...Man I got that tingle in the fingers and that old dizzying feeling again (a wee bit fainter but I felt it). By the time the Derringer was empty, I had that "satisfaction" feeling I used to get when i hit the siggy .......:p
I've since calmed down in the use of it, but I know its there if I want that feeling again.
For me it has changed the game, in the sense that I for some reason calmed down with the chain vaping and I appreciate my vaping more lately...maybe its psychosomatic or something, I donno, but i'm a happier vaper now...:D
All that matters is you're not smoking and you're happy.

JayPMac

Dec 25, 2011
Minnesota
By November of 2011, I'd been smoking cigarettes for 50 years. Lucky Strike, Marlboro, then Marlboro Light. Pack a day. And it was starting to take a toll on my body. Persistent cough. Ashen complexion.

Decades ago, I tried using Nicorette lozenges to quit. Lasted all of two weeks. I was wired to a high-wire. My friends begged me to start smoking again. And I was happy to comply.

Fast forward to 2007. The coughing fits start. I buy Hall’s cough drops. When I lay down to sleep at night, my lungs fill with fluid, which I spit into a cup on the floor by the bed. I con my doctor into writing a prescription for a sleep aid.

It was one of those I-Wasn’t-Looking-But-She-Showed-Up kinds of things. After we’d been dating a few months, I gushed about her to a dear friend. “Do you want to enjoy this relationship as long as possible?” she asked. “Of course”, I said. “Then quit smoking”, she said.

I loved cigarettes. And I quit cigarettes on January 5, 2012. What did it take? All the motivation any sane man would need: I fell in love with a woman… then with myself.

The ePower 1650 kit arrived. 3.7V, Kanger cartos, and SmokeTech tobacco-flavored e-liquid (24 mg) Despite the incomprehensible instructions, I assembled it. It was a revelation. I got my Nic Fix, and all the familiar rituals (except striking a match) were in place. In the first year, I still bought the occasional pack of Marbs. But since 2013, I've not smoked a single cigarette. My cough disappeared, taste buds activated, and my complexion returned to its usual ruddy glow.

In 2016, I upgraded to a ProVari. Then to a Provari 3. Then added the ProVari Mini. I was headed to the Grave, then I took the proper detour. Halleluiah.

upload_2017-12-6_20-8-6.png

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
By November of 2011, I'd been smoking cigarettes for 50 years. Lucky Strike, Marlboro, then Marlboro Light. Pack a day. And it was starting to take a toll on my body. Persistent cough. Ashen complexion.

Decades ago, I tried using Nicorette lozenges to quit. Lasted all of two weeks. I was wired to a high-wire. My friends begged me to start smoking again. And I was happy to comply.

Fast forward to 2007. The coughing fits start. I buy Hall’s cough drops. When I lay down to sleep at night, my lungs fill with fluid, which I spit into a cup on the floor by the bed. I con my doctor into writing a prescription for a sleep aid.

It was one of those I-Wasn’t-Looking-But-She-Showed-Up kinds of things. After we’d been dating a few months, I gushed about her to a dear friend. “Do you want to enjoy this relationship as long as possible?” she asked. “Of course”, I said. “Then quit smoking”, she said.

I loved cigarettes. And I quit cigarettes on January 5, 2012. What did it take? All the motivation any sane man would need: I fell in love with a woman… then with myself.

The ePower 1650 kit arrived. 3.7V, Kanger cartos, and SmokeTech tobacco-flavored e-liquid (24 mg) Despite the incomprehensible instructions, I assembled it. It was a revelation. I got my Nic Fix, and all the familiar rituals (except striking a match) were in place. In the first year, I still bought the occasional pack of Marbs. But since 2013, I've not smoked a single cigarette. My cough disappeared, taste buds activated, and my complexion returned to its usual ruddy glow.

In 2016, I upgraded to a ProVari. Then to a Provari 3. Then added the ProVari Mini. I was headed to the Grave, then I took the proper detour. Halleluiah.

View attachment 704365
Great story. What you left out was what happened to the romance?

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
start kit.jpg

Bought this little starter kit as gift to myself Christmas 2015. Christmas day was Saturday, kit arrived Monday after. Screwed the tank to battery and just held it while admiring the heft, the smooth finish, and the silver sheen. Wouldn’t call it love at first sight, but infatuation… maybe. Filled tank took a hit and bingo-the game just changed. I probably didn’t need to pick up a cigarette again but smoked a couple over two days just for A-B comparisons in which the cigs lost badly each time. By Wednesday afternoon I was all vape and have not had a puff since.

I read about folks who struggle and are dual users for months but it was not at all like that here. My sense is I was just beyond ready (to quit). Vaping now my hobby and winding coils, mixing juice, playing with mod collection, its all part of the pleasure.

Thinking about it now, perhaps it was love at first sight...

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

View attachment 704365
Great story. What you left out was what happened to the romance?

:pop:

(I wanna know, too!)

I wanna know too!!!!!!!!!!

Please....

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Good Golly Miss Molly. Sorry about that Robino. :oops::blush: I now hope that you 2 are Good Friends, else I'm in a World of Hurt here. I'd better sit down before I hurt myself.:blush:

Thanks for that catch Letitia.:nun:
My pleasure Darlin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread