Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
CRACKING UP!

I made, and used......

taryn spinner.jpg

Yes, that's from a hanger. For a carto spin. Read it and weep, newbs. :D (I'm laughing so hard now!)

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I started vaping in November 2009 with cig-alikes. After a while, I started filling my cartos, but it was a pain - they'd always seem to run dry at the most inopportune moment, and the battery life left a lot to be desired. And meanwhile, the FDA was threatening to shut down vaping - seizing shipments, etc. so I was quite interested in not relying on proprietary technology. In the late spring of 2010 I got wind of a bottom-fed mod (a squonk mod, before the term was invented) called a WetBox. It used 14500 batteries, had a 3ml bottle, and worked with my ample supply of cartos. I ordered one - Bingo! It truly was a game-changer for me, even though it was a flimsy, leaky POS. I knew that was my path from that point forward, and when I got my first REO (an industrial-strength aluminum Mini from the first run) in September 2010, that sealed the deal. Nothing but squonkers ever since.

The other game-changer for me was the advent of the rebuildable atomizer. The cartos and 306 and 510 atomizers still had me relying on proprietary hardware. It took a while for these to materialize for squonkers, but I was elated when I got my first Chalice atty, in 2012, I believe. Expensive little bugger, but that spelled the end of cartos, etc. Now I have a lifetime supply of bottom-fed RDA's.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I started vaping in January 2010 with 510 cartridges, then cartos. They worked, but I found them to be a real pain in the .....
Eventually I got an EVOD, and a ProTank 2, the latter of which was my game changer. Those came out sometime in 2013, I got them later that year. I don't remember which I got first but the Protank was the first thing that really felt satisfying, and worked well enough to be worth the time. Capacity, rebuilding heads...this was revolutionary. I still have EVODS and Protank 2s (a mini in rotation, a full sized that needs an intact base) but my current main tank is the Buddha mini, which I consider a proper RBA upgrade to the Protank. 18mm, 2.5ml, and pretty darn reliable. If only the glass was compatible; Buddhas and glass are pretty rare these days.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    CRACKING UP!

I made, and used......

View attachment 703315

Yes, that's from a hanger. For a carto spin. Read it and weep, newbs. :D (I'm laughing so hard now!)

They was more work, but was a great vape, I thought they was the bees knees back then, even though I did dump a few tanks pulling off the tank from the carto by mistake :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I started vaping in November 2009 with cig-alikes. After a while, I started filling my cartos, but it was a pain - they'd always seem to run dry at the most inopportune moment, and the battery life left a lot to be desired. And meanwhile, the FDA was threatening to shut down vaping - seizing shipments, etc. so I was quite interested in not relying on proprietary technology. In the late spring of 2010 I got wind of a bottom-fed mod (a squonk mod, before the term was invented) called a WetBox. It used 14500 batteries, had a 3ml bottle, and worked with my ample supply of cartos. I ordered one - Bingo! It truly was a game-changer for me, even though it was a flimsy, leaky POS. I knew that was my path from that point forward, and when I got my first REO (an industrial-strength aluminum Mini from the first run) in September 2010, that sealed the deal. Nothing but squonkers ever since.

The other game-changer for me was the advent of the rebuildable atomizer. The cartos and 306 and 510 atomizers still had me relying on proprietary hardware. It took a while for these to materialize for squonkers, but I was elated when I got my first Chalice atty, in 2012, I believe. Expensive little bugger, but that spelled the end of cartos, etc. Now I have a lifetime supply of bottom-fed RDA's.

:thumbs:

They was more work, but was a great vape, I thought they was the bees knees back then, even though I did dump a few tanks pulling off the tank from the carto by mistake :lol:

Oh you and me both, dahlink!!!! Often and then some! :facepalm:

Sig 150 tc

Just KDKurious, Mr. Why a game changer for you?

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Not sure I can play as I have only been at it since 2016.

But went thru a rapid cycle to find what I needed. Started with those horrible vuse but they worked for a week until I could get something else. Tried Ego batteries with Cartos and high nic levels, they worked but didn't really satisfy. Moved on up to Evic with ego mega and this worked well. So I guess the Mega did it.

Still using the Mega but have moved on to RTAs more and more now.

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    2011 the adventure began

After Becoming Dedicated Vaper and went on The Great First Mod Search --Phidias feeder (squanker) in spring 2011 was THE one for me. Phidias was first wood mod...2009 i believe, though feeder model was first made 2010.

Acquired Darwin vw and Provi vv later 2011, both first made late 2010. Vari mods of all shapes and sizes gradually became my only preferred vape choice, and still are, with provape Radius still holding top spot, no matter how many varieties Ive tried since acquiring one.

Bella carto tanks --- 2012 or 13? Loved my vv and vw with these.

Nautilus tanks-circa 2014. Finally a decent clearo! Kabuki a year later, or was it two, easily became my preferred Atty.

2017 -- Kayfun Prime Just might keep me building, like none before.

Last edited:

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2017
    :thumbs:

Oh you and me both, dahlink!!!! Often and then some! :facepalm:

Just KDKurious, Mr. Why a game changer for you?
    First powerfull mod I got. Since all I had was a little cheap pen and was about to start smoking again. After getting a good mod I never looked back.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Moved on up to Evic with ego mega and this worked well. So I guess the Mega did it.

Egg Rolls FTW!

For me, they were a game changer as well. I love the Nauti coils, yet the Eggie's CLR coils just stepped it up to game changer status. (I'd vape both tho, and happily.)

2011 the adventure began

After Becoming Dedicated Vaper and went on The Great First Mod Search --Phidias feeder (squanker) in spring 2011 was THE one for me. Phidias was first wood mod...2009 i believe, though feeder model was first made 2010.

Acquired Darwin vw and Provi vv later 2011, both first made late 2010. Vari mods of all shapes and sizes gradually became my only preferred vape choice, and still are, with provape Radius still holding top spot, no matter how many varieties Ive tried since acquiring one.

Bella carto tanks --- 2012 or 13? Loved my vv and vw with these.

Nautilus tanks-circa 2014. Finally a decent clearo! Kabuki a year later, or was it two, easily became my preferred Atty.

2017 -- Kayfun Prime Just might keep me building, like none before.

So, MANY game changers, or was there one that stood out for you, tearose?

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    My game changer was an MVP and a Protank 2. I smoked a daily cigarette with my eGo-C Upgrade for 6 months. Got the MVP and forgot to have my daily smoke for three days. Did not want to start my smoke free count over so I just never had another one. Not even a drag off one in over 4 years now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread