GAME CHANGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Oh Geez. I guess my game changer was Blu and then ProSmoke (?), as I forced myself to quit on the eve of my 41st birthday. I'll be 49 in February. I was watching youtube videos about the best cigalikes back then.

I would come on this forum and get soooo freakin' confused! You weirdos were saying words like refillable, clearomizer, EGO, carto, etc. I left, but eventually came back and just started googling every single term I didn't recognize.

Now, for years, I've been wrapping coils, mixing my own juice, and modifying equipment. So much for vaping to quit. I'm a damn hobbyist. Didn't see that coming.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Started vaping in 2010 but only in airports and when watching TV with my wife. She would get very annoyed when I had to "go check" something outside every half hour.

But I had zero plans to stop smoking because of two things,,,,,,,,,,,,tight draw and high PG juice which makes me cough like crazy.

Somewhere in this time frame I was in Florida and places where pushing something called high/pure VG juice. Well now.............

Game changer #1- high VG juice.

But it wasn't really pushed back home in NY and honestly gear able to use high VG juice was aways out yet so I still smoked for the most part.

Game changer #2- The Orchid. Or in case case the various clones. These little honies along with my Dremel and diamond cutters finally showed me that vaping could work. Somewhere in this period of grinding tanks open for airflow and thicker non-coughy high VG juice smoking was just stopped and never once have I even thought of smoking again. Mixed in with the tanks I rebuild for friends are still some Orchids. A pain to rewick by todays standards and just aweful to refill they still take me back to a happy time as I test each one. Just a fine tank and 100% bullet proof. I can still see my grining marks and that makes me happy too. These days finding a tank that could get me off smoking is easy, afew years ago I had to dance for my supper.

Game changer #3 iStick 30. I'd been using mechs but its seemed everyone had an iStick. It really opened my eyes to a world of ease and was able to use that ease to help others quit smoking. Personally I still like mechs.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I quit smoking in early June of 2013 - almost 4 and half years ago now. My first foray into vaping was with a pack of NJOY cigalikes with the glowing tip. Those pre-filled cartridges didn't last long enough so I got a Joyetech eCab with those blasted little cartridges.

f96ce711f834b38b273907e718bf8264_g.jpg

When I started vaping, I had half a carton of cigarettes left but never even finished the opened pack, so I guess my first vape was a game changer for me. I lasted about 5 months with the eCab and "upgraded" to a Joyetech eGo-CC with the fabulous Joeytech eGo clearomizers, a major improvement and I thought the greatest thing ever!

eGo-CC_1000mAh_Set_black_2.jpg

I stuck with those and clones for about two years. It is hard to believe now, but I did and never was tempted to pick up a cigarette. So, about 2 and half years in, I decided it was time to move on to sub-ohm vaping. After much research, I settled on an iTaste MVP3 in glorious gold. Of course, I filled the atty with my 12mg juice and got SO sick!

pl3854137-itaste_mvp_3_0_pro_isub_g_starter_kit.jpg

I still own that mod and the iSub G tank. After that, I was off to the races, buying every new and better mod that came along. I had Coolfire IVs, Coolfire IVs with the removable batteries, Aliens, etc. Next, I was making juice, coils, and wicking.

Today my favorite mod is the Asmodus Minikin V2 and my favorite tank is the OBS Crius II.

57c43603cbd348cee406055b39f1fac3.jpg

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It is my greatest success story and something no one ever thought I would do. Grateful and I couldn't have done any of it without the help of this group.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
A Blu is what started me off the stinkies.
"Upgraded" to CE4 Clearomisers on top of a 650 Egos.
The Gamechanger that bought out the hobby side of vaping to me was the Kayfun (clone) - first rebuildable for me.
Perched on a MVP 2.0! I remember thinking how amazing VW was.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
WoW !! 3 pages in no time flat. Kat sure knows how to throw a party don't she ?? Plenty of entertainment here.

It's "Velocity Channel" time. See ya'll on the flip side. Night.:thumb:

Thanks, 5-2!! :D

ALL FOR FUN! And the trips down memory lane. Our histories (herstories) are crucial and meaningful, and once in awhile, it's just a blast to relive and share them.

GAME CHANGERS. I'll add another. :D

ECF. Yeppers, this little place. Oh bay'bee, did it change MY life... ;)

I quit smoking in early June of 2013 - almost 4 and half years ago now. My first foray into vaping was with a pack of NJOY cigalikes with the glowing tip. Those pre-filled cartridges didn't last long enough so I got a Joyetech eCab with those blasted little cartridges.

f96ce711f834b38b273907e718bf8264_g.jpg

When I started vaping, I had half a carton of cigarettes left but never even finished the opened pack, so I guess my first vape was a game changer for me. I lasted about 5 months with the eCab and "upgraded" to a Joyetech eGo-CC with the fabulous Joeytech eGo clearomizers, a major improvement and I thought the greatest thing ever!

eGo-CC_1000mAh_Set_black_2.jpg

I stuck with those and clones for about two years. It is hard to believe now, but I did and never was tempted to pick up a cigarette. So, about 2 and half years in, I decided it was time to move on to sub-ohm vaping. After much research, I settled on an iTaste MVP3 in glorious gold. Of course, I filled the atty with my 12mg juice and got SO sick!

pl3854137-itaste_mvp_3_0_pro_isub_g_starter_kit.jpg

I still own that mod and the iSub G tank. After that, I was off to the races, buying every new and better mod that came along. I had Coolfire IVs, Coolfire IVs with the removable batteries, Aliens, etc. Next, I was making juice, coils, and wicking.

Today my favorite mod is the Asmodus Minikin V2 and my favorite tank is the OBS Crius II.

57c43603cbd348cee406055b39f1fac3.jpg

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It is my greatest success story and something no one ever thought I would do. Grateful and I couldn't have done any of it without the help of this group.

Marvelous, Pam! And thanks for all the great pix!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am a bit new to vaping to join in here, but I am having a great time reading all your stories. Thanks so much for sharing!
Catherine

Glad you joined us, Catherine. With your newness to vape, has there been anything that was game changing for you at this point?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Great thread Kat, as usual :thumbs:

I quit smoking in 2012 with a eGo-C kit, but I was really motivated ;). The game changer for me was my first mech mod, a Nemesis clone, and an Aga-T2 tank using SS mesh. Back then running 25 watts was generally frowned on by a bunch of folks, but that was then. How times have changed. I still have that Aga-t and some SS mesh ... and I think I'm going to give it a whirl again :cool:

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
eleaf istick pico 75W.
had tried a couple of years earlier with a high ohm pen-type thing. didn't do it for me.
got a pico...sub-ohm did work for me. haven't had a single cigarette in 144 days and never will again.
have left the picos (i bought another as a backup) behind and passed them onto others...one of which has stopped smoking completely as a result...and moved on to much more varied kit. 13 mods at the moment and just as many RDTAs, RTAs and RDAs.
also, the ECF has been invaluable. support and knowledge matter a lot. loads. so thanks to all who have helped, inspired and made me laugh.
vape on.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Glad you joined us, Catherine. With your newness to vape, has there been anything that was game changing for you at this point?
Thanks Kat! Glad to be here. Must agree with you...ECF was a game changer for me. I started reading here well before I bought my first set up. Such a great source of 'real-life' experiences and people kind enough to share and help others.
Another small game changer for me in my short time vaping was going from the Nautilus 2 tank to the Nautilus mini. I love MTL but found the Nautilus 2 (all three I bought and tried) leaked quite a bit. With the Nautilus mini...nothing!....not a drop!
Catherine

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OK, I'm here. I bought my first kit, GreenSmoke, in December 2009. It was OK--I liked their tobacco and mint flavors. Found ECF, then V4L, refillable cartomizers--but that polyfill inside always burned, sooner or later--and those cigalike batteries lasted maybe one hour. Then came Martinez and Badkolo and first fillerless cartomizers, top coil, not a breakthrough we were hoping for. Hot coils, wicking problems, Vivi novas. Longer-lasting but only 3.3v eGo batteries...

The first breakthrough/game changer was a good clearomizer made by Kanger--T2, T3, ProTank and finally Evod, Aerotank, Subtank mini. No more burning filler! :thumb:

Second game changer--variable voltage batteries (ProVari and Joytech Twist, and Spinners)--and Ohm's Law Online Calculator! :lol: And finally variable wattage mods (thank you, Evolv)! Goodbye Ohm's Law calculator! :thumb:

Third game changer--RBAs (thank you Raidy and SvoeMesto)! :thumb:

Fourth game changer--TC (work in progress). ;)

But the most important game changer for me (also) was finding ECF. Without the help, camaraderie, good advice, occasional fights and bitter arguments, friendships, and never-ending support from fellow members, none of this would have been possible. Thank you, @Oliver, for realizing, 10 years ago, that such a place for vapers was desperately needed! :wub:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Wow, Kat - making me think (shame on you). ;)

I do believe I've had what I might consider to be six "game changers" (three devices/types & three toppers), but THE "GAME CHANGER" was easily:

2012: Provari V2 (still alive & well too!) :thumbs:

Many came before, and MANY have come since, but my very first vape on the Provi was the moment I realized that this little thing I was doing, this six-month "experiment", was actually going to work.

Yes, that's from a hanger. For a carto spin. Read it and weep, newbs. :D (I'm laughing so hard now!)

A WHAT???

Get it straight, girl. It's called The TARYN Spin! :facepalm: ;) :cool:

Taryn-spin.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Game changer: Nautilus 2, first MTL tank when I tried to quit smoking.

Then, the real game changers for me: A provari and a Kabuki tank, THE BEST. :)

Anna

Same version as me, more less, si?

2012, correct? ;):)

Back to work, me, bye.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    A WHAT??? :thumbs:

Get it straight, girl. It's called The TARYN Spin! :facepalm: ;) :cool:

View attachment 703371

Taryn spin :) I was racking my brain when posted yesterday, couldn't remember what it was called, funny, all the carto's, protanks, spinner seem so long ago now, compared to what is offered nowadays, I remember when 15 watts was really high, and the max power on regulated mods.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I have to say the game changer for me was the ECF. I got a "Green Smoke" and knew that e-cigs could work. But the Green Smoke wasn't going to actually do it. Somehow I got here and learned from you all what was out there and worked. I started with Provari and Kanger Pro Tank and I quit. I now squonk and have for years. But the game changer for me was ECF.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Quit smoking and started vaping in 2013 using Blue and Vivi Novas, but they were not doing it for me. My first game changer was the Protank 2, and I learned how to rebuild on those. The next one was when I discovered the Kayfun Lite V2.

Next major game changer was the STM, still use my first one occasionally. After that the main changer has been shinyitis. Need to figure out a way to get over that one.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    Started vaping on and off with the disposable cigalikes in late 2014, it wasn't till July of 2015 that I picked up a vaporfi rocket setup that I finally quit the ciggs. 6 months later I picked up my first box mod, the provari radius and a kanger subtank mini. It was like night and day from the rocket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread