Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Great, as I finish my taxes. At this time of the year, I make sure that I owe them and they don't owe me. The Feds aren't getting of my money one day early, interest free, and then calling it a "refund". So I have to see what's left in the ole pot after writing the checks to Uncle Sam and the Kentucky State Treasury.
Smart. And the gov thinks we don't know that our 'refund' is actually paying taxes on it twice......lol.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Smart. And the gov thinks we don't know that our 'refund' is actually paying taxes on it twice......lol.

I have not had a "refund" in decades nor will I in the future. I know it seems like a pot of government gold with the idea that "I got my refund". I always know to the penny how much tax I paid, not many can say that. Most people don't have a clue what they pay in taxes, but they got a refund.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have not had a "refund" in decades nor will I in the future. I know it seems like a pot of government gold with the idea that "I got my refund". I always know to the penny how much tax I paid, not many can say that. Most people don't have a clue what they pay in taxes, but they got a refund.

As an addendum, if everyone had to write a check for their taxes, there would be a tax revolt. The W-4 withholding was a great slight of hand by the government perpetrated on the citizens. It is a great way to fool people and when they get a refund, well, hallelujah, it's free money.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
As an addendum, if everyone had to write a check for their taxes, there would be a tax revolt. The W-4 withholding was a great slight of hand by the government perpetrated on the citizens.
They don't want to know, people want easy.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
As an addendum, if everyone had to write a check for their taxes, there would be a tax revolt. The W-4 withholding was a great slight of hand by the government perpetrated on the citizens. It is a great way to fool people and when they get a refund, well, hallelujah, it's free money.
That is what I was saying about the refund $. It is not 'free'. In fact you do pay tax on it twice. Hence, you pay tax when its earned and it goes to the fund irs has set up for you to hold until tax time. Plus when you receive the portion you already paid taxes on at tax time with them calling it a 'refund' they add that amount to the next years taxes as income......that is double taxation.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
That is what I was saying about the refund $. It is not 'free'. In fact you do pay tax on it twice. Hence, you pay tax when its earned and it goes to the fund irs has set up for you to hold until tax time. Plus when you receive the portion you already paid taxes on at tax time with them calling it a 'refund' they add that amount to the next years taxes as income......that is double taxation.

Not having had a refund in forever, I didn't know that a "refund" is counted as income. Now that is a real deal.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not having had a refund in forever, I didn't know that a "refund" is counted as income. Now that is a real deal.
Yep. For the gov. Not sure how they justify that but like Letitia says, peeps want easy. And there should be a revolt in many things including taxes. The gov just thinks we are chattel and too stupid to figure out how they cheat us every day in whatever they can get away with......

sigh

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
We withhold nothing (or at least, as little as we can) but we almost never pay anything in taxes thanks to our household's medical bills, OMG ESPECIALLY this year, with the implants. The husband works his magic I just provide receipts.

AND, let us not forget SS money which is a HGUE tax to begin with.... They take 100% of your social security "tax money," and then TAX you on it (again) once they see fit to disburse it. It's a real shell game, it really is. You will be taxed on your tax on your tax and etc. I think the husband has come really close to memorizing the tax code (we deduct) and I'm quite certain he is not looking forward to the "new plan" and how that works. Etc.

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
52 - you need to get yourself a Doggystyle, and it might change the game for you. I think you'd love it.

I know you've been enjoying your old (recently acquired) kayfun Lite+ lately. I started with the KM3, and never tried an older Kayfun. Recently traded my Prime for an old Kayfun 3.1, and I have to admit- it's a stellar vape. Kind of primitive, with no access to the build without draining and all the other issues. But man, it is a super nice vape- no wonder Svoe Mesto was the pinnacle of MTL for so long.

But that doggy- man, I've never had a simpler, more consistent, easy to build/use, and trouble free atty. And the flavorful dense vape gives me that required TH as well. Plus, it's lightweight, low profile, and takes a decent 3.5 ml- amazing for its size. Throw one on your next fasttech order- you won't be disappointed. I just rec'd my second one.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If I remember correctly, it was you that got me started with the KayFun's, and I truly Thank You from the bottom of my Heart. I have bought the Lite plus, and Lite Plus Batch 2, and just recently bought a Tobeco 28.5mm Lite Plus in SS (it holds 12.5ml measured) and I am using that on my Presa TC100 (fits perfectly). I think I have gone KayFun Crazy over here.

Thanks to DPL, I can get to my build without draining the tank. He sent me a KayFil tool (and I liked it so much I bought a couple more).

I know, a lot of folks are raving about the Doggie, but I am so in love with these KayFun's right now that I can't seem to put them down. I don't get any leaks, drips, seeps, and I just really like the looks of the KayFun. Hey, I'm Old School, Big Time, and am with most things in life, to be frank. I will remember the Doggie though, just in case my Love affair with my KayFun's goes South for some reason. I have truly never had such a Great vape as I am getting from these KayFun's, and am sorry I decided to go with the Lemo V1's instead of the KayFun's back some 3+ years ago (when I first got into rebuildables). The Lemo V1's are just a KayFun with more air flow AFAIC (which I didn't know back then, that I really didn't want more air flow), and I tried to dial down the air flow as much as I could, but I can see now that it just wasn't the same. I feel very lucky that I was able to get even the Clones of the Lite Plus for good prices (and from friends) at this point in time.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If I remember correctly, it was you that got me started with the KayFun's, and I truly Thank You from the bottom of my Heart. I have bought the Lite plus, and Lite Plus Batch 2, and just recently bought a Tobeco 28.5mm Lite Plus in SS (it holds 12.5ml measured) and I am using that on my Presa TC100 (fits perfectly). I think I have gone KayFun Crazy over here.

Thanks to DPL, I can get to my build without draining the tank. He sent me a KayFil tool (and I liked it so much I bought a couple more).

I know, a lot of folks are raving about the Doggie, but I am so in love with these KayFun's right now that I can't seem to put them down. I don't get any leaks, drips, seeps, and I just really like the looks of the KayFun. Hey, I'm Old School, Big Time, and am with most things in life, to be frank. I will remember the Doggie though, just in case my Love affair with my KayFun's goes South for some reason. I have truly never had such a Great vape as I am getting from these KayFun's, and am sorry I decided to go with the Lemo V1's instead of the KayFun's back some 3+ years ago (when I first got into rebuildables). The Lemo V1's are just a KayFun with more air flow AFAIC (which I didn't know back then, that I really didn't want more air flow), and I tried to dial down the air flow as much as I could, but I can see now that it just wasn't the same. I feel very lucky that I was able to get even the Clones of the Lite Plus for good prices (and from friends) at this point in time.

They're both great tanks, 52, and I wouldn't kick either to a curb. I agree that it's worth considering the next time you're thinking of spending on something

You CAN use both, I assure you. ;-)

Variety is...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Like the KFs, do ya? ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread