Geekvape Griffin 25MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrtech

Nov 21, 2015
I'm sorry to hear that my friend! I still haven't had time to build mine yet but after reading your post I opened mine up to check it. I have 2 blocks and my screws open and close fine. That being said it doesn't feel like it's as substantial as my Aromamizer Supreme. When trying to unscrew the deck, I accidentially unscrewed the whole bottom. If it was full of juice it would have been a mess. The threads don't feel as smooth, not as much knurling (thickness to grab). Just feels less substantial for lack of a better word.

PS One of the blocks was installed in the deck, the other in the case. Here's a picture to illustrate.

IMG_20160429_215346_zpsrezyjsw3.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

The extra block does it fit the 22?

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
Wanted to let you all know that I got a email from MVS, they are sending me a new deck to fix my problem with my Griffin 25mm. That was a fast reply to my email, and I am happy with the service from them, the only downfall is I now have to wait on something that should not have happened if Geekvapes quality was under control! Nobody and I mean nobody should ever tighten those allen screws that tight! then forgetting the second ceramic block, it fits in the foam and in plain sight?

Reactions: 4lph4num3r1c

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Hello Neighbor, Have you tried it yet? How do they compare?
I'm actually laughing out loud right now. I'm giving it a bath as I'm typing this. I thought to myself this morning I better build this today so I can let MCV know what I think. I'm going to build it within the hour and I'll post my thoughts here pronto. Sorry buddy.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I did however build the Billow V3 Plus yesterday and it's not bad at all. If pressed I'd give the nod to the Aromamizer Supreme because with just laying the wicks on the deck it's easier to wick (RDA style). I like the way you adjust the juice flow control better too.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I'm actually laughing out loud right now. I'm giving it a bath as I'm typing this. I thought to myself this morning I better build this today so I can let MCV know what I think. I'm going to build it within the hour and I'll post my thoughts here pronto. Sorry buddy.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I did however build the Billow V3 Plus yesterday and it's not bad at all. If pressed I'd give the nod to the Aromamizer Supreme because with just laying the wicks on the deck it's easier to wick (RDA style). I like the way you adjust the juice flow control better too.

No problem! just curious, unfortunately now I have to wait to try my Griffin! Yes that supreme is so easy, the only leaking I am getting from it comes from the spitting because of the air opening is so close to the coils! Funny how it will spit out a comet looking drop out of the air flow, it shoots out and has this trail of vapor! I am so happy with it!

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
No problem! just curious, unfortunately now I have to wait to try my Griffin! Yes that supreme is so easy, the only leaking I am getting from it comes from the spitting because of the air opening is so close to the coils! Funny how it will spit out a comet looking drop out of the air flow, it shoots out and has this trail of vapor! I am so happy with it!
I'm vaping on it now. It's not bad at all. With having top and bottom airflow, you certainly have more than enough. I built it dual coil. Here's a tip, make sure you unscrew the wick retaining ring before trying to remove the ceramic block or you will rip it to shreds (I removed mine luckily). Building was easy and wicking not bad either. I wicked mine first, then put the ring on (not sure I'll do it that way going forward). Lots of flavor and vapor, still trying to figure out if I like it better with the top airflow closed or open. One other thing you might see from the pictures is the Griffin narrows slightly at the very bottom and has almost no overhang on my Lavaboxs. Just been vaping it for a short time so this all just preliminary findings. So far I give it a thumbs up!

There was a method to my madness. Until these came in my most used RTA was a Billow V2 so the V3 Plus was a given. I skipped the original Aromamizer because of the vape band (just didn't care for that). I also skipped over the original Griffin because of the 3.5ml capacity combined with the big build deck. I was use to 5ml tanks with smaller decks so I though bigger deck with less capacity wouldn't be a good combination for me. Plus the sales were to good to pass up. I've been accused of being thrifty (that sounds so much better than cheap lmao). On top of that, they all offered different airflow types. The Aromamizer Supreme is strictly from the side. The Billow is under coil and from the back. The Griffin is under and from the top. Figured why not try all the different varieties.

Here's a picture I took yesterday of all 3 of my new 25mm RTA's if anyone is interested.

L to R Lavabox w Griffin 25mm (Top Airflow), Reuleaux w Aromamizer Supreme, Lavabox w Billow V3 Plus
IMG_20160430_183942_zps9xcbhryh.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
Good to hear, can not wait to try it! I've been wondering about the bottom airflow atty's and how the vape is.
I guess next question(after vaping it awhile) is how is the juice consumption? The Supreme just drinks the stuff!!
Does the Griffin do the same?
I am about to pull the trigger on a lot of juice right now from IVC. I wish the would carry the "8 Mile" brand.
I like their Pom Lem, and now their Gingerbread Projects, good stuff! Do you have a Mr. Vapor by you?

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Good to hear, can not wait to try it! I've been wondering about the bottom airflow atty's and how the vape is.
I guess next question(after vaping it awhile) is how is the juice consumption? The Supreme just drinks the stuff!!
Does the Griffin do the same?
I am about to pull the trigger on a lot of juice right now from IVC. I wish the would carry the "8 Mile" brand.
I like their Pom Lem, and now their Gingerbread Projects, good stuff! Do you have a Mr. Vapor by you?
I'm not even through a quarter tank of juice yet so this is just an educated guess. I think the Aromamizer Supreme is the Undisputed Champion when it comes to juice consumption :lol: :D. It's not all bad for me though, I've been strictly DIY when it comes to my juice for about 3 years now. I'm vaping Vanilla Custard a la mode atm (it's really quite good imo). It has 6 different flavorings in it, I worked on it for months before I got it just right (that's part of the fun to me - I like to experiment).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The flavor is very good but I think the Supreme has the best flavor out of the 3 (it also sucks the most juice which I think is no coincidence). I've not even run through a quarter tank yet on it and only 1 tank on the V3 Plus so don't hold me to that. I've had the Supreme the longest and feel like I have it dialed in.

These tanks are all very good and I don't think you can wrong with any of them. That being said, so far if someone only let me have one, it would be the Supreme. Keep in mind I need a little more time with the V3 Plus and Griffin 25 to really have an informed opinion (the one thing that won't change for me though is I like the pancake style of wicking on the Supreme the best - just couldn't be any easier imo)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Well a quick update on this tank. My resistance is jumping all over the place while the tank is sitting idle (from .43-.61). I figured maybe my build was messed up so I tried again twice with the same results. On top of that the tank was 3/4 full when I decided to rebuild it. I unscrewed the base and set it upside down on the drip-tip. During the rebuild time most of the juice leaked out of the tip onto my desk (that should not happen). I'm beyond frustrated with this tank and will be talking to Eciggity tomorrow to try and arrange a refund!

Cheers,
Steve

marquee

Aug 20, 2014
Utrecht, NL
You can buy a separate top cap for top airflow. But I'm pretty sure you won't need it. The airflow is gigantic, even on the standard model. I love this tank. Everything is so huge, it's easy to build, to fill and to vape smoothly. The taste is great too.

My only issue is leaking after filling. Liquid escapes at the airflow holes. Does anyone know what to do against this?

marquee

Aug 20, 2014
Utrecht, NL
@marquee Are you closing the juice flow control and air flow control while filling? If not, that should do the trick.

Cheers,
Steve

You're absolutely right Steve, thanks! I was focusing on the air flow control. What could be more self-evident than closing the juice flow as well? [emoji23] Thanks!

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
It sounds like they need to bump up QC on these guys. So far we have: stuck/wonky screws, leaks of various kinds, and loose jfc rings. The one I have (black standard model) has not exhibited any of these traits, but it's starting to look almost like a 50/50 proposition at this point, as far as whether or not you'll get a good one. :(

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Mine seems to be fine. I got it from MVS. My Herakles had a stripped post grub screw, but it came with extras. The Griffin doesn't seem to have any of the issues mentioned above. It is the SS one. The one small issue is that the two air flow controls are a little tight (top and bottom) but they seem to be loosening up as I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread