Geekvape Griffin 25MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Black 25 from MVS. No issues here so far been about 50ml of juice so far. Running duel 7 wraps 24g 316ss .21ohms.

99dca0e227d04df1e8c14a48ad99b1a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
Can you give some insight into your single coil build. I tried it and it sucked. Went dual and it's been awesome. It either dry hit it lacked in vapor production in single coil for me.

Sure, I have been mainly doing a 28x2 and 32 clapton 6-7 wraps. Pretty high resistance around .67 Not as much for clouds but dense and flavorful. Thick or thin juice seems fine to me. Wicking is easy to do, but hard to do well.
Vapor Chronicles has a nice tutorial-

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
Black 25 from Myvaporstore in my case.

Same here mine is black! But MVS has shipped me a new deck, I complained last Saturday, shipping request on Saturday, received on Monday(USPS), left New York Monday, Tuesday was in Indiana, shipped back to New York on Wednesday, now in Michigan Friday???? Hopefully will get it Saturday??? Or it will be back in New York on Saturday? :-x:-x:-x:censored::censored::censored::censored::-x:-x:-x I am so happy it was supposed to be here on Thursday!!!!!!!!:-x:-x:-x This is not looking good, could be and omen?

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
Okay I got my new Deck Saturday! No return trip to New York! :-x
I just built it this morning and the build went smooth, no leaks so far! I need about a week and decide if it is better or equal to my Aromamizer?
But I will say that MVS (MyVapeStore) took care of my deck and missing ceramic block( do not know if I will ever use it?) problem!! So I will give them 2 thumps up in service!!! :thumbs:

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
Okay I got my new Deck Saturday! No return trip to New York! :-x
I just built it this morning and the build went smooth, no leaks so far! I need about a week and decide if it is better or equal to my Aromamizer?
But I will say that MVS (MyVapeStore) took care of my deck and missing ceramic block( do not know if I will ever use it?) problem!! So I will give them 2 thumps up in service!!! :thumbs:
So, how long did it take to get back to you once they received it?

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
So, how long did it take to get back to you once they received it?

I did not have to send it to them, I was not the first to complain, they know they got a bad batch! I just emailed them last week Friday and they had a shipping order for my replacement on last Saturday! The back and forth was USPS driving it back and forth for some reason? o_O
But MVS never asked for it! But I live close to Detroit, and Geekvape's American service center is close to my work, they wanted me to take a picture of it( how do you show a stuck/almost crossed threaded screw?) and a picture of the scratch off code and they said they would replace it! Never needed to do that. :thumb:

Reactions: 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
I did not have to send it to them, I was not the first to complain, they know they got a bad batch! I just emailed them last week Friday and they had a shipping order for my replacement on last Saturday! The back and forth was USPS driving it back and forth for some reason? o_O
But MVS never asked for it! But I live close to Detroit, and Geekvape's American service center is close to my work, they wanted me to take a picture of it( how do you show a stuck/almost crossed threaded screw?) and a picture of the scratch off code and they said they would replace it! Never needed to do that. :thumb:
So you now have 2 tanks?

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
Do you think mvs has a new batch or still the same ones? I want to order one but a little hesitant now
I'd call them and ask if they've gotten a new batch before ordering from them. If i knew it would have to go back and forth like it is, I would have just paid the extra money to order it from somewhere else. It's not MVS though who messed up so I don't blame them. Geekvape should have at least had them over night it to me though... [emoji34]

Reactions: Jvincent516

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
Do you think mvs has a new batch or still the same ones? I want to order one but a little hesitant now

I wouldn't be, they have a great price and awesome customer service! But if you read the reviews on their site, NOT all people had the problem? I'd buy from them again! But right now, because I just started to use the Griffin, I do not know if it is better than or equal to my Aromamizer? Just being fair.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I'd call them and ask if they've gotten a new batch before ordering from them. If i knew it would have to go back and forth like it is, I would have just paid the extra money to order it from somewhere else. It's not MVS though who messed up so I don't blame them. Geekvape should have at least had them over night it to me though... [emoji34]

When I talked to Geekvape they did not have any in stock, they were waiting for a shipment from China! :tumble:
I only got a new deck and the Ceramic block and the rubber piece for the block. They were fast to react but the USPS was a bit off!! And Wingsfan Knows what's been happening, we both got the same tanks about the same time. :thumb:

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
When I talked to Geekvape they did not have any in stock, they were waiting for a shipment from China! :tumble:
I only got a new deck and the Ceramic block and the rubber piece for the block. They were fast to react but the USPS was a bit off!! And Wingsfan Knows what's been happening, we both got the same tanks about the same time. :thumb:
Thanks for the clarification.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
Thanks for the clarification.

No Problem! I hate ordering online, you never know what you are buying or how you are going to be treated! I still need to write something in MVS site, to give them a compliment on the service and how hassle free it was. Some you have to argue with, and that should not be! That's why this site is nice, hopefully a good review or recommendation. :thumb:

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
Emailed GeekVape about my leaky deck, a few days later they requested some pictures & scatch of code from package. The next morning I got an email saying they r sending me a new deck. Hope it works better , but overall I couldn't be more pleased with the customer service

I literally just had the same experience. Except I emailed them last night with the pics. This morning they responded asking for my address and said a new deck would be in the mail tomorrow.

Super impressed.

vapeNoob4

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2015
I just re-wicked and re-coiled my Griffin 25. I sort of over wicked it using some tighter cotton rolls and more packing into the circular deck ring. Nothing is protruding from the juice control holes but the wick is basically setting on top of the silver ring. Although it pulls harder now I've had no issues with leaking. When I had just removed the old coils and cotton I noticed the cotton pulled into 2 pieces from the middle of the coil. Both of my cottons did this they separated into two pieces. Also the coils were covered in residue which can be solved by firing the vape to glow point and then running under a sink water flow. Even though I cleaned the coils I decided to replace.

I have no leaking now and no condensation and the airflow control ring is not saturated with e-juice. Since I had packed the wick tighter I decided to open up the top and bottom airflow a bit to compensate. Have it in my hand right now and no leaking issues at all. I guess it's just build issues with the mentioned problems, not the device itself.

hmimilenium

May 18, 2016
Hello all. I would like to buy the Griffin 25 TAF but i am a Mouth To Lung vaper and intend to remain so. My questions are :

1. Can i do MTL vape with the Grifiin 25?
Mabey if the bottom airflow is completley closed and using only the Top Air Flow ?

I don't mind having big ammount of vapour as long as i get to do MTL and have good flacour.

2.Did the Griffin came with that little Ceramic Block piece (when used for single coil) ? Was it Ceramic or Plastic? I saw in few videos that the "block" was made out of silicon and plastic :(

Any input would be apreciated !

Thank you !

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I just closed off my top air flow and set the bottom to the smallest opening, I guess you could do a MTL hits, build a 1.2 ohm single coil, might just work. The block is Ceramic, the one I got from MVS, plus mine was missing the extra one, and MVS replaced it. you still get a silicon for the plug and a ceramic for the block. I use it in dual coil and sub ohming (lung hits) so I can not help you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread