Geekvape Griffin RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreidumitrescu

Mar 18, 2016
I hope not lol. That's all i know. I bought this one with the idea that I will learn with it.
2c13d7ff4f85d450552b988b087e77c4.jpg

I guess I will buy tomorrow a "normal" one with details written on the package. My bad I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
22 mm on the Tsunami. I don't think they had anything but the 22mm when I pre-ordered. I wonder if I should hold off for a 25mm Griffin? Although my mod is not terrible wide and I hate overhang, so I may stick to 22mm on that as well.
The 22 and 24 Tsunami is supposed to ship out at the same time. I'm leaning toward the 24, the increased well size is nice.

Reactions: Tol

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
I hope not lol. That's all i know. I bought this one with the idea that I will learn with it.

I guess I will buy tomorrow a "normal" one with details written on the package. My bad I guess.

Andre, did you purchase this from a vape shop or vape supplier? Vaping wire comes in different metals, ie kanthal, nickel, stainless, etc .... And in different gauges in each metal. This should be known when you purchase it, each metal, each gauge, has different characteristics. There is no 'normal'.

tapatyped

Reactions: haleysdadda

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS

Dude.. I recommend you to excercise caution, do you research, know your tools, and stop taking bloody risks.

For newbs, good place to start would be kanthal a1 wires.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kushpancake

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
LA
stephen-daniels.com
how are the hex screws holding up with their included tool? there seems to be problems with stripping the hex screws easily?
Mine are pretty stripped from using the included allen key and I even bought some Torx wrenches but theres no saving the grubs. I did however contact GeekVape USA Fri of last week and they're sending me a new set free of charge. No questions asked or anything, just had to provide my authenticity code from the package.
I will definitely continue to support GeekVape

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Oh so sexy.

I think I've found the perfect use for these great tanks. The crius for ss temp control and the griffin for power builds. Rotating between dual claptons and large diameter contact ss.

I must admit that Crius looks better than the Griff, especially with that blue glass.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
Wonder if theyll send the same crappy grub screws out. Mine are starting to strip out too. Is it bad grubs, or the hex key?
i never use the hex keys that come with any of the rtas/rbas i purchase - i use my own set of drivers - i haven't had any issues yet... knock on wood.... :)

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Vaping Walrus sells slotted screws for the authentic Griffin, $2.99 for 8 of them.

sent using Tapatalk
With all due respect Tol; WHY?! After being a machinist for 30+ I've used many different styles of drives in screws & bolts! Of all these the two I dislike the the most are 1) Phillips 2) slotted in that order especially in applications where they will be used alot! IMHO the best type of drive for our application would be a Torx! In my experience they hold up the best in small sizes! As a matter of fact when I started this post I did a search for Torx set screws & actually found some just gotta find the right sizes! Thank you for getting me on this thought process! you are my HERO sir!:headbang:

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
With all due respect Tol; WHY?! After being a machinist for 30+ I've used many different styles of drives in screws & bolts! Of all these the two I dislike the the most are 1) Phillips 2) slotted in that order especially in applications where they will be used alot! IMHO the best type of drive for our application would be a Torx! In my experience they hold up the best in small sizes! As a matter of fact when I started this post I did a search for Torx set screws & actually found some just gotta find the right sizes! Thank you for getting me on this thought process! you are my HERO sir!:headbang:

If u find the right torx screws for the grif, u are my hero sir! [emoji1]

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Cause slotted are easy for a lot of people [emoji2]

sent using Tapatalk

thomas l

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Bolivar MIssouri,United States
if you find them please let us know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread