RDA Geekvape Tsunami RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Cheap Kennedy with velocity style posts, whats not to love?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    Was telling my girlfriend yesterday while she was shaking her head because I was ordering yet ANOTHER piece of vape gear, that this would be an awesome bottom feeder atty.... Lol
    And it looks like roscoe is getting some to bottom feed for us. Really excited for this one.

Reactions: TrikStari

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I got one of these from Heaven Gifts as a beta to use and review. I gotta say I am IMPRESSED! The reviewers are right, but I also think they missed a few things...

With the ability to build and adjust airflow to a single coil, and the 510 drip tip adapter, this is very functional as a MTL atty as well as cloud chaser's dream.

Speaking of the 510 adapter, the accessory packet is awesome... 1 conical style Mutation style delrin wide bore drip tip, 1 straight delrin wide bore drip tip, the aforementioned 510 adapter - which sits flush with the top of the topcap - a stainless steel drip tip, a full set of spare screws, and extra o-rings.

Another item not touched on in any of the reviews I've watched is the post holes. They're huge, yes, but the ovals are also tight enough to the grub nuts that small gauge wires can be used to build small coils as well as monstrous stapled fused Claptons.

One reviewer complained about leaking. To date, with more than six different builds and several different configurations, I have yet to experience any leakage. The Kennedy 24 (side bore instead of bottom bore) airflow seems to have solved the leakage problem. Of course, if you overdrip or drip right down the air pipes, well, you know...

Some are comparing it to the offspring of a Velocity and a Kennedy. This is true, but only if the Velocity was on steroids to begin with. Those post holes... The hardened steel screws are also VERY nice. The central build position of the coils when using a Velocity really lends itself nicely to the central air pipes of the Kennedy style base. Also, the removal of any interior airflow adjustments makes it easy to build larger coils - even if they are simple coils.

20160217_212953 (Large).jpg

I've also got to give props to Heaven Gifts for shipping it to me in record time. I think it took 4 days to come from China... they've got it for $30 and are pointing to an early March ship date.

ETA: The top cap is domed on the inside, to the flavor is concentrated and quite nice. Actually, there is one thing... I wish there were the option for side airflow, too, but I realize in doing so, the space available for builds is reduced. Perhaps a Kennedy-style demon insert with a smaller bored drip tip...

cj081283

ECF Veteran
    May 15, 2015
    With the ability to build and adjust airflow to a single coil, and the 510 drip tip adapter, this is very functional as a MTL atty as well as cloud chaser's dream.

With this statement you just sold me on two of them. I just have to figure out where the money's going to come from.

Obviously over dripping is bad but just how deep is the juice well?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    With this statement you just sold me on two of them. I just have to figure out where the money's going to come from.

Obviously over dripping is bad but just how deep is the juice well?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
    According to the handy-dandy(tm) digital calipers, the juice well is 7 mm. OK, well, 6.97 mm

cj081283

ECF Veteran
    May 15, 2015
    According to the handy-dandy(tm) digital calipers, the juice well is 7 mm. OK, well, 6.97 mm
    And thats a double sell now. Holy moly. It wouldn't replace my sapor for work so far because so far it just hasn't leaked andd ican get away with my dual 24g twisted build in there for work (if i remember 6 wraps each at .27 since) I think i might be one of the lucky ones lucky and have a superior who understands that some people need their nicotine even thoygh she's never smoked. But my sapor at this point is my home rig too, but seeing that build deck but being able to dial it down to a smaller gauge mtl...count me in. Hell id bet I'd end up using it for work after getting a feel for it. My love my sapor and how its built but it drains my battery really fast at 55-60 watts on a single battery and its a little indiscreet for work. (I signwave on the weekends. I know, not a glamour job lol)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2015
    Latvia
    I'm another lucky one to receive a Tsunami for review purpouses.
    Have to agree with them YouTube comments and what Shawn posted above. I'll be surprised if it won't be THE or one of THE drippers of 2016.

Has been my go to RDA/RTA while at home (Griffin still is my go to RTA to be paired with my VTC Mini, which I carry with me when on the go).

I haven't tried builds as exotic as Shawn here, but I've been quite happy how it handles everyhing I've tried throwing at Tsunami. The flavour is great, as is the airflow. In fact, there is so much airflow, I usually don't leave the airflow fully open. I like to have at least some resistance when I drag... :)

Currently loving the Tsunami with a Twisted Claptop build. 6 wraps of twisted 26g/32g Kanthal. Yummy!
    sqXew0S.jpg

And that drip-tip adapter Shawn mentioned? It actually works. It works well... I've seen more than couple of tanks that provide an adapter, which doesn't stay in place, no matter what you do. Then again, I do like the over-sized, diagonal one so... :)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I'm another lucky one to receive a Tsunami for review purpouses.
    Have to agree with them YouTube comments and what Shawn posted above. I'll be surprised if it won't be THE or one of THE drippers of 2016.

Has been my go to RDA/RTA while at home (Griffin still is my go to RTA to be paired with my VTC Mini, which I carry with me when on the go).

I haven't tried builds as exotic as Shawn here, but I've been quite happy how it handles everyhing I've tried throwing at Tsunami. The flavour is great, as is the airflow. In fact, there is so much airflow, I usually don't leave the airflow fully open. I like to have at least some resistance when I drag... :)

Currently loving the Tsunami with a Twisted Claptop build. 6 wraps of twisted 26g/32g Kanthal. Yummy!
    sqXew0S.jpg

And that drip-tip adapter Shawn mentioned? It actually works. It works well... I've seen more than couple of tanks that provide an adapter, which doesn't stay in place, no matter what you do. Then again, I do like the over-sized, diagonal one so... :)
    Yeah... I keep the conical... er... diagonal one in mine most of the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread