Status
Not open for further replies.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Yeah... I keep the conical... er... diagonal one in mine most of the time.

Yeah, it's pretty much the best of the lot for this rda methinks.
I have found use for the included SS 510 driptip though. Replaced the bog awful glass drip tip of Crius, haha!

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yeah, it's pretty much the best of the lot for this rda methinks.
I have found use for the included SS 510 driptip though. Replaced the bog awful glass drip tip of Crius, haha!
Hmph... I kinda liked the Crius Drip Tip...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadtrip635

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Hmph... I kinda liked the Crius Drip Tip...

It's OK-ish, if you have the white or the SS one.
I have the black Crius and my problem with the driptip is that condensate collects on the driptip walls and stay there, making the glass look matt/opaque. If you have the black version, you end up with a black RTA, translucent tank, shiny metal chimney section and opaque driptip, which looks rear-end-ugly if ya ask me... :D

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
It's OK-ish, if you have the white or the SS one.
I have the black Crius and my problem with the driptip is that condensate collects on the driptip walls and stay there, making the glass look matt/opaque. If you have the black version, you end up with a black RTA, translucent tank, shiny metal chimney section and opaque driptip, which looks rear-end-ugly if ya ask me... :D
Ah... I gots the stainless...

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Ugh, I'm trying so hard to not buy this, the last thing I need in the world right now is yet another RDA that gives me a reason to replace my battalion of Kennedy RDA's, I already went through this problem when the Nixon came out...had to keep myself from buying six of them to replace all of my daily use Kennedy RDAs.

Velocity style deck, supports single coil airflow, huge post holes...this is literally everything that I wanted in a Kennedy that it doesn't have. Whoever said this RDA should be called the Lee Harvey Oswald is correct, this thing looks like a Kennedy killer for sure.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
... Whoever said this RDA should be called the Lee Harvey Oswald is correct, this thing looks like a Kennedy killer for sure.

I am all for intellectual property, but this is as good as stolen now! Hilarious.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I have had the Tsunami in hand for about a month now. It is hands down my current favorite RDA to date.
The velocity style posts are as easy to build on as they come....and have rock solid connection....great for TC builds. Plenty of room for larger coils for those who still use Ni and need the space. Kennedy style airflow....nuff said. And the drip well is quite large...If filled carefully, I can do around 20 drops with no leaking.
Flavor production slightly edges out the Dark Horse (my prior favorite).
It is well machined, all parts fit together smoothly but tight....airflow adjustment stays where you set it, but isn't difficult to set.
when recieved, it came clean...zero machine oil residue. At the moment, I would say it is simply the best RDA in its price range.

Here is a video on it:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Ugh, I'm trying so hard to not buy this, the last thing I need in the world right now is yet another RDA that gives me a reason to replace my battalion of Kennedy RDA's, I already went through this problem when the Nixon came out...had to keep myself from buying six of them to replace all of my daily use Kennedy RDAs.

Velocity style deck, supports single coil airflow, huge post holes...this is literally everything that I wanted in a Kennedy that it doesn't have. Whoever said this RDA should be called the Lee Harvey Oswald is correct, this thing looks like a Kennedy killer for sure.
You need at least one of these! ;)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I don't know anything about Geek Vape, this is the first product of theirs I have seen and used. But judging by this product, they may well be a company to reckon with. The machining quality on the Tsunami is top notch on the unit I received. Makes me interested in trying out the Griffon by them....an RTA with velocity style posts.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
You need at least one of these! ;)
I will probably order just one, if only to use in single coil mode since I've never been able to do so with the Kennedy or Nixon, I do prefer the single hole per side deck like the older Kennedy or Nixon V1 but with single coil I think having the two holes on one side will be real nice.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The only negative I have found (subjective) is one shared by all Kennedy type RDA's.....there is a tendency for condensation to collect under the airflow holes.
I've had almost 0 leaking. Once, I SERIOUSLY over dripped, but, I was checking the capacity... yeah, that's the ticket... it was science.

The only drawback I can find is the inability to provide air to chunky verticals... on occasion, I have built a single, massive coil between the posts on my Velocity. The bottom only airflow allows the coil to get a tetch hottish on top.

But, really... 1 style of building out and dozens of others in, so, hey... it's a winner...

Reactions: USMCotaku

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've had almost 0 leaking. Once, I SERIOUSLY over dripped, but, I was checking the capacity... yeah, that's the ticket... it was science.

The only drawback I can find is the inability to provide air to chunky verticals... on occasion, I have built a single, massive coil between the posts on my Velocity. The bottom only airflow allows the coil to get a tetch hottish on top.

But, really... 1 style of building out and dozens of others in, so, hey... it's a winner...

I wasn't talking about leaking...but about juice condensation that can collect just outside the RDA under the air holes...not really a big deal, which is why I mentioned it as a subjective negative

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    A few have mentioned the tip can get hot, is that your experience?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    A few have mentioned the tip can get hot, is that your experience?
    I experienced some warmth with the SS tip in the adapter. The delrin tips did not get hot. I make it a point not to put my lips on the top cap wich might have been hot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread