Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'd love to see a pic of your inventive work.
Sorry, I never saw this request.
I'm going to post these, but realize this was done more as an experiment, which is why I used the RAYN board, not a genuine dna40. So it looks ugly.

kTeGfkd.jpeg

I replaced the battery holder with a keystone holder, just because I had one sitting here doing nothing. I need to move the battery holder over towards the right (circuitry) side a little, I misaligned it and it squishes the juice bottle ever so slightly. Also had to notch the top of the battery holder to make room for the fire switch assembly.

Doing this board retrofit I destroyed the original chip needlessly. Knowing what I know now, I could have easily saved the original board (which is useless IMHO anyway) and just used it's switches hot glued to something, maybe even the battery holder itself? but I actually cut the switch section off the original board destroying it obviously. This was NOT required. :( and I could guarantee you I could make it look better, but I got so frustrated with the switches, I
just wanted to get it back together and be done with it. So I kind of rushed it a bit too. The finished product works fine just looks bad "under the hood". Temp control works. 40w works. Everything works as it did in the flask (clone) the board came out of.
ccwbV59.jpeg

Also, I got a chalice III clone (fasttech) for Father's day ;)

icFiHTl.jpeg

Pfl0WUs.jpeg

The chalice 3 clone draw is extremely tight.

Last edited:
Reactions: unsure

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Pulled the 510 tube/pin out and replaced it with a 6/32 vented screw. I used a tap on the insert on the original 510 and the screw fits tight. Soldered it all back together and what a difference! The old tube on the 510 is so much smaller than the 6/32 screw. Better connection for the tube from the bottle. I've been using it for a couple days and it all seems fine now. :thumbs: using the old bottle and tubing. just a new screw is all it needed! [emoji14]
Where did the vented screw come from? Pictures would be helpful. I'm really trying to like BF (squonking) just not sure it's for me yet.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
$18 for 10 screws, wow that's pricey for what it is in my opinion (the screws)

I wonder if those are available anywhere locally? Hmm
That is the only place to get the vented screws other than the co-ops that were ran last year. The heads on the Amazon ones have to be ground down to work in the 510's.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
In what way do you feel the vented screw improved your unit?
I use the vented screws in the FD510 in my 18650 & 26650 Peko's. Bought them through a co-op last year to build my devices. Was merely pointing out that the heads needed to be ground down to fit inside a 510 without shorting out.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Seems that purchases have slowed down...or interest.

Probably due to the delay, it's a solid piece otherwise. If they would sort the chip out I think it would be a solid buy and get more attention at this price point but I couldn't live long term with the delay coming out of stand by.

I'm still interested, it's my goto. I'm loving it since I upgraded the chip but if I hadn't done that it would be getting very little if any use by now.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I need a better BF atty. I was hoping the chalice III would solved that, but I'm not impressed. Air flow is lacking to say the least.... The chalice is a MTL atty at best. Granted mines a clone. But the air is so tight it's borderline not usable.

The upgrade to temp control RAYN (dna40 clone) was fine and helped with the (what I felt was) terrible factory chip.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I need a better BF atty. I was hoping the chalice III would solved that, but I'm not impressed. Air flow is lacking to say the least.... The chalice is a MTL atty at best. Granted mines a clone. But the air is so tight it's borderline not usable.

The upgrade to temp control RAYN (dna40 clone) was fine and helped with the (what I felt was) terrible factory chip.

I looked at the Chalice but what I read was it was too tight for my taste. I don't like it wide open but I don't want to have to work for a vape either. I've been more than happy with my Infinite Magma Clone converted to a bottom feeder. Check out the link below, I had him convert it. If you've got one you like otherwise he might be able to convert it for you or just ask and I'm sure he can give you a recommendation per your vaping style, he's a straight shooter.

Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter | Page 223 | E-Cigarette Forum

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i was interested in this mod but after reading, i think i'll wait for some better offerings as im not too handy with modding. here are a couple of BF attys ive been bookmarking for when i do get me a nicely made VW squonker at an affordable price.

$10.23 Hobo V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
^hobo v3 w/ BF pin

$9.27 Zenith V2.5 Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
^zenith v2.5 w/ BF pin (its threaded into the pos post in the photo, lol)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Just wondering if anyone has done anything to their Geyscano to fix the sharp corners. Wondering if a Jwrap would help. Maybe a silicon sleeve could be the answer. I am still hunting around to see if a silicon sleeve that is built for a different mod would fit these.
Any other ideas?

I don't know of a sleeve that is made for it or that would fit and even if found the corners could potentially wear through the sleeve over time. Easiest method I can come up with and I've thought about doing it is to file the rail corners ever so slightly. Wouldn't take much just a few passes with a hand file but that would leave four shiny spots in the corners so I haven't done it. Really, the way I hold it I never even notice the corners so they haven't been much if any of an annoyance to me although that should have been taken care of before it left the factory.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I don't know of a sleeve that is made for it or that would fit and even if found the corners could potentially wear through the sleeve over time. Easiest method I can come up with and I've thought about doing it is to file the rail corners ever so slightly. Wouldn't take much just a few passes with a hand file but that would leave four shiny spots in the corners so I haven't done it. Really, the way I hold it I never even notice the corners so they haven't been much if any of an annoyance to me although that should have been taken care of before it left the factory.
+1
I agree %100 and was thinking the exact same thing.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
i was interested in this mod but after reading, i think i'll wait for some better offerings as im not too handy with modding. here are a couple of BF attys ive been bookmarking for when i do get me a nicely made VW squonker at an affordable price.

$10.23 Hobo V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
^hobo v3 w/ BF pin

$9.27 Zenith V2.5 Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
^zenith v2.5 w/ BF pin (its threaded into the pos post in the photo, lol)

LOL... Good catch on the Zenith, I would have NEVER saw that. ;)

Reactions: Kemosabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread