The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Technonut, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Full Member Verified Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Manchester, Ohio
    Stay away from the hobo it's awful.

Focal has a Velocity clone with BF pin though and it's great.

$9.55-$10.05 Velocity Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer w/ Bottom Feeder Pin- Black
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
  3. 5spike

5spike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    WI
    [​IMG]
    Took out that piece of junk 510 and installed a Fat Daddy 510.
    Chucked it in a drill and turned it down till it just fit in the cup. Couldn't stand an atty sitting a 1/16" off the 510.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sando7

sando7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    bought the hobo bf from A.C. USA warehouse, have it on my 2015 Woodvil with an airflow drip-tip and it works great.....maybe i got lucky, also bought the Zorro bf atty and haven't tried it yet.

went back to using the original bf atty that came with my Geyscano, it's still working just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tomzgreat

tomzgreat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Well it worked for around 3 months then the chip went bad. Whenever I insert a battery it says that the Battery is empty.

Guess I'm going to have to stick to Mechanicals Bottom Feeders.

• Like Like x 1
  6. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mine too....just this morning. :glare:

7. 5spike

Jan 30, 2014
    WI
    Mine lasted about 2 days. Voltage firing up down up down. Ohms also.

8. unsure

• Like Like x 1
  9. 5spike

Jan 30, 2014
    WI
    Anybody know of a replacement board that will match the holes. Hate to dump the box.

10. Phone Guy

Phone Guy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    You can replace it with a real or clone dna40, will take a little effort, but some of us did it... I replaced mine with a rayn clone40 board, sacrificing the original board to use the switches. In retrospect you could use anything to mount tact switches on, wire them to a dna40 style board and go along your way. Plus any board is better than what comes in this box... I lost the cosmetic hood covering the board, and I made a hot glue mess, but it works fine, and the slide on cover hides everything. I also put in a keystone battery sled just because I had one ;) there are some pictures in this thread I posted earlier. Its not hard if you can solder. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    I put an authentic DNA 40 in mine but the Geyscano board is configured different and longer so the up/down won't line up. I cut the Geyscano board just above the buttons and wired them directly to the DNA 40 but it's still fiddly to get placed just right. Easiest thing would be to use through hole buttons instead of the board mounted tacts for the up/down but that would change the overall look.

As far as a direct replacement that's just a drop in, I don't know of one. I've never came across a board that was configured or the size of the one in the Geyscano.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 5spike

Jan 30, 2014
    WI
    Thanks for the answers. May throw a mofest in there idk. Up on the shelf it goes till inspiration hits me.

13. Phone Guy

Phone Guy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    Putting in a real dna40 would be easy assuming you can solder. Like I said I used hot glue because it was easy. It's not pretty but it works fine.

• Like Like x 2
  14. unsure

Out of sheer boredom I got Angelcigs Authentic S-body S-CA3 50W 18650 Variable Wattage VW Box Mod. Actually I like it better than the Geyscano. if it weren't for my arthritis I would have kept it but bottle removal is an big problem for me so it's in the classys. :(

[​IMG]

15. unsure

Only 4 days but this way better than the brick Geyscano. No issues with the chip and it appears to work much better. Fit in the hand very nicely and my only problem is the bottle on off and that's because of my arthritis not the fault of the device. All that and a better price point.....it's no REO. lol

16. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Ok Unsure you convinced me. Just bought the S-body S-CA3 50W 18650 Variable Wattage VW Box Mod from Angel.
    I like the look of it, although the Button in the front instead of on top looks like a recipe for Misfires. Sigh...

A contributing factor is that for whatever reason my Reo LP will only accept my Reomizer II RBA. I tried adjusting the pin with screwdriver but for whatever reason the Pin won't rise.
    So none of my other RBA will connect. Get's a little boring with using only one RBA.

Seems that this design of APV has been out for over a year. Maybe they have the bugs worked out.
    This is a post from a year ago.
    Cigaverte Firebox review | E-Cigarette Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. unsure

Different display but basically the same. I can say it feels and works better than the Geyscano (low bar I know). What I find annoying which isn't a big deal is every time I change out the battery and not fast enough it reverts to 50watts instead of my setting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    What kind of battery life are you getting. Are you using the RBA that came with it. What Ohms are you at?

19. unsure

I am using AW IMR 2200 and getting a half day (20watts) No, not using the RBA which came with it. My coil is 1.1Ω. If you figure how to adjust the 510 connector on this let me know.

20. unsure

has anyone found ANY mod the atty that comes with the Geyscano works on? I have yet to find one.:sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.