Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

sando7

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    Thanks! Ordered..........

great hope you enjoy it at least it comes with 3 rings, i also just happen to have the silver ring also; i'm good.

hope you chose the $1.00 extra shipping option cause you'll get it a bit quicker, if you chose the free shipping it will be about 4 to 5 weeks until you have it in your hands.

edit: i sure hope it fits the Geyscano, fingers crossed.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Update on the Atty. I took it to another Vape Shop and this guy knew his stuff. He said that the insulation is really flimsy on this atty and that is why it shorted. He Mickey Mouse rebuilt the center post and it's working. But the Outside cap is super loose. Doesn't fit snugly and is easy to pull off.

He suggested that Fat Daddy sells for around $6.00 the stuff needed to make this atty safe.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    On another note. He built it at .64 Ohms. I found that the 50 Watt was too hot and dialed it down to 35 watt pushing out around 4.6V. The stability problems seem to have gone away and the battery is operating fine into the 1/4 range. I don't like to abuse my batteries so when down to 1/4 I'm changing them out.

I think this APV is better for vaping at .60 Ohms and above in the 35 Watt range. If you are looking for Sub Ohm below this level you may not be happy with it.

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I saw this chip problem with the Cana mod. It fired at .5 ohms but couldn't regulate it so it was dependant upon battery charge. .7 and upwards was regulated at desired wattage so kind familiar with this...
    Edit: nevermind 4.8 volts.... Not 4.2...it is boosting just not properly...

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Exactly, instead of cutting off as the battery goes down, it just boosts the voltage to a lower level.

I'm finding that it's not very efficient and that I'm going through a Battery every 4 hours if it's a newer one and
    2-3 hours on the older ones.

Just bought 3 new batteries, sigh.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Does anyone know if it'll take a IGO-W.?
    I've been eying it at Reos Mods. I think I used the IGO-W as a dripper previously and liked it.

I prefer to buy it from Reos Mods already modded for BF. I trust Rob's quality. Or does anyone have a favorite BF
    from REO Grande that they'd suggest for the Greyscano.?

unsure

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    Silicon Valley, California
    Update on the Atty. I took it to another Vape Shop and this guy knew his stuff. He said that the insulation is really flimsy on this atty and that is why it shorted. He Mickey Mouse rebuilt the center post and it's working. But the Outside cap is super loose. Doesn't fit snugly and is easy to pull off.

He suggested that Fat Daddy sells for around $6.00 the stuff needed to make this atty safe.

Mine is still neverused. I took it out of th box to take a pic that someone wanted to see. if anyone want it they can have it I won't pay foir shipping cause I don't think it worth it. Mod is still working ok and I too noticed how batts drain faster. I only have set fpr 15W.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    Finally, thanks to a USPS re-route, I have my G 50.Been putting it through some inspections and trials. Nothing scientific, just using it. At box opening, I was impressed. Nice box. Looking at the mod, I see no space at the left side as seen on previous post. Fit and finish seems on par with my other regulated box, a Clouper 30 watt. The two magnets hold the door OK but the finish is nowhere near that of a Reo. I miss the shnicking of the Reo door.

I like the feel of the buttons but wish there was a more tactile or clicky feel. There is a round robin to the adjustment buttons. No speeding up when held but that is not a problem to me. The 510 seems OK with only a slight catch cup for the provided atty. All my BF attys fit well. Oh, there seems to be a delay when firing if the mod has sat for a few minutes.

With the battery installed this mod has the typical five click on/lock. If the mod is locked, when unlocked, the setting is saved. After a quick douche with alcohol (not the drinking kind) of both the mod and provided atty, it was time for a coil. The atty has three posts leading me to believe a dual coil setup could be used but,,, there is only one substantial adjustable air hole. I built a 0.7 ohm coil wicked with KGD and fired this baby up. Using max VG MBV Chocolate mint, I found my sweet spot at 19.5 watts with the air adjusted at about half open. Squonking and draining of the atty was fine.

I have been through half a bottle and have noticed the battery indicator has not moved. This mod has worked well with a Zenith 2.5, RM6 and a Plume Veil along with the provided atty. The box for the provided atty calls this an Atomizer Series and comes with the standard double ended key ring screwdriver, spare screws, a couple of o-rings, some wire and a few inches of wound wick.No leaking at the bottle or feed tube.

I will be putting this mod in rotation along with my four Reos but only using it at home. It is not even close to being as robust as a Reo or other mech mods but, if it lasts longer than the Clouper I had, it is probably going to be a decent entry level regulated bottom feeder. OK, I am spoiled by my Reos and probably not as objective as I should be.

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    that's normal for A.C., by the time you get tracking it usually has already arrived, you'll get it.

I'm hoping so... I've been looking forward to it.. ;)

April 1, 2015 , 9:24 pm

Departed USPS Facility OAKLAND, CA 94615

Your item departed our USPS facility in OAKLAND, CA 94615 on April 1, 2015 at 9:24 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

It was scheduled for last Saturday, but there's been no further activity..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread