Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's a Chinese mod!!! Why would you be surprised? I'm surprised they even turn on!!!!!!:facepalm: This thing has failure written all over it, but at that price point they will sell a ton of them. I would guess they are already working on the V2 already if history has shown us anything at all!!!:2c:

i contacted them about it, and it was done on purpose-they were fully aware its only backed with foam. the reason they gave was for heat dissipation for the chip.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I've paid $200.00+ for stuff that failed within 3 months.

$80.00 is worth the risk.

I was very happy that the Door Slid into place very easily. Much more easily then my Reo.

It feels solid, buttons feel solid. Tube fit well. I did cut off the little ribbons. I'm too used to just prying with my hands.

I'll probably coat the insides with liquid electrical tape and it might last awhile.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
This was my only real issue I had that it was not fast for me. My order Your Order #2015032315512019 (placed on March 23, 2015 8:56:48 AM PDT) and received it 4/2. This pic shows 0 in stock but read 9 when I placed my order. Im thinking someone was late updating it when I was ordering.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm dealing with a Chinese Company and I don't expect Nordstrom Service. I watched the website every day and all of a sudden they said they had 21 in stock and it was shipped that same day if not sooner. Delivery Tracking sent quickly too. I'm just happy that I received it quickly.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Went to the local Vape Shop and had coils built. The atomizer that came with it shorted out.
Who knows if it was defective or the guy screwed up, they explained it as a defective center post.

Luckily he built and tested it on his mech and his battery was shorted as well as the seal in the atty melting down to the post.

So I had my Reomizer 2 rebuilt with a bunch of coils at .46 OHMs Resistance.

Seems I had been using my older batteries and the result wasn't stellar. When I got home I put in a LG Yellow fairly new and the APV began performing properly..

Checking my resistance using my tester [.46 Ohms] and plugging 50 Watts into the Ohms calculator I was supposed to get 4.8V. Even though the indicator on the APV rounded down to show .40 Ohms the display showed that it pumped out the proper volts. [4.8v] . I used a Voltage tester and under Load it showed 4.7V which is pretty darned close.

With more use I'll have a definitive answer, but it seems the chip is sensitive to Substandard Batteries. For this APV to shine you need quality battery fully charged.
By the way .46 Ohms at 4.8V was a extremely satisfying vape.

On Monday I'll try to post some pics.

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Got mine today after ordering on Tuesday night from Angelcigs, it helps that I'm only a city away from their warehouse. I did have a chemical smell to mine so I squonked some 91% isopropyl through it and rinsed it and still had the smell. Couldn't source the smell until I realized it was coming from the feeder tube. I replaced the tube with one from my gdna kit and had to increase the size of the hole in the stock bottle. I added an oring from the reo grand bottles to the cap of the bottle to seal things up tighter. Overall its working great so far. But like others have said, it still has QC issues. My down button is a finicky, I have pretty noticeable gap between the mod and my atties, one magnet already fell off because the glue isn't great, and it could use a better fire button. I'm coming from a reo mini 2.1 and the bottle just feels really soft compared to it.

LR4GnUE.jpg

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I'm seeing a flaw in the Boost Circuit.

When the battery was 100% charged the output was at the 4.8V.

Now the battery is showing 3/4 full and the boost is to 4.5V, also the screen is fluctuation between 4.5 V to begin with and 4.3V when pushed a few seconds. this is with a brand new MXJO Battery bought last night at my local Vape Shop.

My voltage indicator is showing under load that it's gone down from 4.7 to 4.38.

Just changed out my battery and the Voltage went back up to the 4.7 Level.

Whether this is an overall chip booster flaw, or just on my unit, will
have to wait for others to get back about their experience.

Last edited:

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
I picked one up, if anything I get a box that I can put all of my own stuff in to rebuild it. If it works for a while that's a plus. But everything is already laid out for me if I replace a few things and bullet proof it - I'll have a highly functioning regulated squonker...the plus is I won't have to squeeze everything in the small boxes they sell already. That's my idea anyway....

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
ordered a Zenith 2.5 from slo-tek and i'm hoping it will work on the Geyscano...it has a bf pin included...fingers crossed.....ordered my Geyscano from angel & the only thing i don't like about ordering from angel is by the time i get my tracking # the item is usually already in my hands.....not complaining cause i've always got everything i've ordered from them...also ordered another hanna no logo DNA40 and a mini freakshow....now the wait!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    ordered a Zenith 2.5 from slo-tek and i'm hoping it will work on the Geyscano...it has a bf pin included...fingers crossed.....ordered my Geyscano from angel & the only thing i don't like about ordering from angel is by the time i get my tracking # the item is usually already in my hands.....not complaining cause i've always got everything i've ordered from them...also ordered another hanna no logo DNA40 and a mini freakshow....now the wait!

Do you have a link to the Zenith w/BF.
    Didn't have any luck with my search.
    Thanks

sando7

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread