Not open for further replies.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I have one I keep in the vets forum you can borrow.:laugh:

(I think I'm getting too old for these contests).

Thanks Zelda. I think I am going to need one.

Here are the headlines for tomorrow:

Hundreds Bald! What Could Be The cause?

And the following day:

Cause Of Baldness Found! ....................imeo

Polioud

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2010
Greece
I must say I enjoyed this contest a lot. MUCH MORE than the previous ones. The reason being that it lead us to search and discover many people and their histories. And to paraphrase a famous greek poet it is the journey that counts more than the destination itself. I really hope that following contests will continue to be just as tough and really really hope that they will include people like thoreau instead of brangelinas of todays... this way even if we don't win at least we learn something ;)

p.s. I also fully support the idea of having a lottery among all the correct answers instead of only the first correct answer getting the prize; this makes it more possible for people from different timezones/work hours to have a fair chance at it

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
The excitement of possibly winning someday is aging me fast!:laugh:

Sky were you pulling your hair out over this one!!!!:facepalm:

I most definitely was! I kept going back and forth and back and forth. Ugh. I never did really think it was Lincoln but figured I dare not take the chance. Ultimately I thought for sure it was Uncle Sam.

A few more wrinkles and what hair I have left has now turned gray. lol

JohnUK

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
UK
me and my dog after this great contest,thanks imeo :laugh:

duncan_goodhew_2-1.jpg

images1.jpg

Last edited:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Just like Pol I liked this contest much more than the previous ones and I promise the next ones will have the same or more fun. I also like the posts after contest. Too much fun today :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Grrrrrrrr, not too much fun for me my compadre!!!!:laugh:

I wonder what a new GGTS feels like, I may never know..........(sighing wistfully)...........and absolutely no one feels sorry for me, including my friends here!!!!:toast::toast::thumbs: It was these tortuous contests (to me!:evil:) that got me super-interested in the first place and caused me to scour the classys in getting the beauties I have and I have absolutely no regrets!:angel:

Imeo, please tailor the next contest to me as that is my only hope!!! Well, never mind, I still didn't guess Jerry Garcia (WTF was I thinking?!?!?!?!?) or the Lizard King (Jim Morrison for you youngsters) so I'd be SOL anyway! Well, there is always the lucky guess, that may eventually benefit me -- in 2012!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sahara4evr

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Georgia
I must say I enjoyed this contest a lot. MUCH MORE than the previous ones. The reason being that it lead us to search and discover many people and their histories. And to paraphrase a famous greek poet it is the journey that counts more than the destination itself. I really hope that following contests will continue to be just as tough and really really hope that they will include people like thoreau instead of brangelinas of todays... this way even if we don't win at least we learn something ;)
p.s. I also fully support the idea of having a lottery among all the correct answers instead of only the first correct answer getting the prize; this makes it more possible for people from different timezones/work hours to have a fair chance at it

This was a fun game and I learned a lot. I hope Imeo keeps the same setup. I agree about the lottery if more than one person guesses correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread