Status
Not open for further replies.

5m0k1n70

Mar 4, 2009
Hey guys, not a frequent poster here, but I have a good amount of experience with several minis and a couple big batt mods and all. I am very interested in getting a GG-T, the real transformer. I mean, the telescopic option is neat and all, but I don't like its feel nearly as much, and I'm an ex-engineer-turned-chemist who just doesn't want a weak point in my assembly, as the telescoping will introduce. IS there ANY way for someone in the US (me) to get a GG-T, new, shipped? If not, wheres the best place to find one used...maybe someone knows of one on here?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hey guys, not a frequent poster here, but I have a good amount of experience with several minis and a couple big batt mods and all. I am very interested in getting a GG-T, the real transformer. I mean, the telescopic option is neat and all, but I don't like its feel nearly as much, and I'm an ex-engineer-turned-chemist who just doesn't want a weak point in my assembly, as the telescoping will introduce. IS there ANY way for someone in the US (me) to get a GG-T, new, shipped? If not, wheres the best place to find one used...maybe someone knows of one on here?

Telescope is not a weak point at all friend. If this is your concern then buy the GGTS, its more than solid :)

5m0k1n70

Mar 4, 2009
IMEO:

Let me explain that thought. I do not mean that I am worried this will break, and i sure the casing is more than solid enough to not break, even with telescoping. However, not only do I prefer the look and feel of the GG-T, but the telscoping can still be viewed as weak point.

This still does not imply that it will break there, but from the engineering standpoint, anything that moves can create a weak point. Sure, I know these are built super-well, but over time, moving metal parts DO show signs of wear. Take an engine, warrantied to ten years, 100,000 miles, and uses oil as a lube...but wear still occurs. Most times the wear is negligable, however, wear can still be determined by finding the amount the piston rings have worn, the solid forged iron cyclinder walls have worn, or how the compression may have dropped the slightly below the average value.

My point is: I want a GG-T, not one with a moving telescoping part. Just one more spot to clean, move, wear, anything.

So, is there any way to get a GG-T or am I stuck searching for used.

Thanks for the help...

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
IMEO:

Let me explain that thought. I do not mean that I am worried this will break, and i sure the casing is more than solid enough to not break, even with telescoping. However, not only do I prefer the look and feel of the GG-T, but the telscoping can still be viewed as weak point.

This still does not imply that it will break there, but from the engineering standpoint, anything that moves can create a weak point. Sure, I know these are built super-well, but over time, moving metal parts DO show signs of wear. Take an engine, warrantied to ten years, 100,000 miles, and uses oil as a lube...but wear still occurs. Most times the wear is negligable, however, wear can still be determined by finding the amount the piston rings have worn, the solid forged iron cyclinder walls have worn, or how the compression may have dropped the slightly below the average value.

My point is: I want a GG-T, not one with a moving telescoping part. Just one more spot to clean, move, wear, anything.

So, is there any way to get a GG-T or am I stuck searching for used.

Thanks for the help...

Hey, I understand what your saying. But the GGTS is only moving when ya set it up for what battery your using, then it locks in when ya tighten to battery size or what battery your using. It isnt a constent moving thing...ya know? actually if ya use the same bats in it, ya dont really have telescope it at all, just take bats out, put new in, and prolly a half turn to tighten a little. I dont think your gonna find any GGT.....I could be wrong, but the GGTS offers so much more...You can use any battery combo almost, 1x18650, 2xcr123, 2xcr2, 1x14500, etc. List go's on and on....

-Tim

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will have 4 GGTS in a while but you are an engineer so I will tell you this and you will agree: The posibility for the moving telescope to wear is exactly the same as the threads of the caps. You unthread the telescope the same times as the cap to put batteries.
I wouldnt worry about telescope but about keeping clean all threads, nothing more.:)

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
Just an observation - the threading on the GGTS is some of the smoothest I've ever seen. You'd probably have to be hard-pressed to crossthread these things; with a little Noalox it's like butter :p

I agree, the noalox makes it feel very nice, smooth. Very nice threads, not too fine...perfect size. Like Imeo said, the most important thing is to wipe down the threads sometimes, and re apply noalox. Ive done it 2 times already, just as a precaution because fine dust could get in between the telescope part and tube...down into threads.

-Tim

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Yes the noalox has made the threads feel a little tighter but still move easy if that makes sense... It takes the slight wiggle out of the threads of the telescopic part when there is no tension on it.

On a side note. I have the prototype GGTS that is about 5 months old now and it still works perfectly. No problems at all with those threads.

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
So the GGT is out of production?:(

I was just getting ready to purchase one...

This is so sad, think I'm gonna tear up.. sniff.. sniff. I was just looking at VaporKings.com yesterday and showing my cousins a picture of the Transformer, telling them that that was going to be my next PV. Now the GGT is off the site!? I didn't know the GGTS was going to "replace" the GGT, thought it was just going to be another option.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
So the GGT is out of production?:(

I was just getting ready to purchase one...

This is so sad, think I'm gonna tear up.. sniff.. sniff. I was just looking at VaporKings.com yesterday and showing my cousins a picture of the Transformer, telling them that that was going to be my next PV. Now the GGT is off the site!? I didn't know the GGTS was going to "replace" the GGT, thought it was just going to be another option.

Do you have a specific reason by wanting for GGT my new friend Bubble? You will have less features and you will carry sections with you. Why you want that? I am always trying to find solutions to problems and you want the problems back?:):)

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
The major reason I preferred the Transformer over the Telescopic is the aesthetics of the GGT. I like the sleek, uniform look of the GGT. The brass in the middle of the GGTS just didn't look as sleek to me. Also the fact that the middle brass piece is slimmer makes me think that the configuration would not be as comfortable in the hand.

With that said, it is a beautiful device. I don't want to take away from genius of this PV. It is just that. Genius.

I may not understand the capabilities of the GGTS in it's entirety. I believe I've watched all of the youtube videos featuring the GGTS. It seems to me that you would still have to carry a section (part) around with you when the configuration is in it's smallest form (nano). I also haven't seen any videos of anyone storing anything inside the GGTS, as was done in your video of the GGT. That was an amazing feature that really intrigued me. As well, I haven't seen anyone change the position of the switch (button) on the GGTS; another feature I liked on the Transformer. Does the GGTS have these capabilities? If so, then I could definitely get over the look of the middle brass piece as well as it's size difference from the rest of the unit.

Thanks so much for any help imeo, I appreciate it greatly. Your work is great. Truly art. I'm hoping to own a few of your PV's in the near future. I'm planning on purchasing a GG slim, and hopefully a GGTS (if it carries the same features as the GGT).

Happy Vaping Friend :)

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
Bubble,

I too, thought like you that the aesthetic of the GGTS would be less appealing and smooth to the hands than the GGT, and I'm very very picky on such details, yet all I can tell you is "Boy I was so soooo wrong"

The GGTS has in reality a more stylish and distinguished look and a much modern and sporty appearance...The GGT honestly looks way "old fashion" in comparison.

The GGTS has a character that no PV will ever have, and in its minimat configuration with a 3.7V CR2 battery...It's simply stunning!

Take a look over here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/54810-gg-people-pictures-5.html#post1015992

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The major reason I preferred the Transformer over the Telescopic is the aesthetics of the GGT. I like the sleek, uniform look of the GGT. The brass in the middle of the GGTS just didn't look as sleek to me. Also the fact that the middle brass piece is slimmer makes me think that the configuration would not be as comfortable in the hand.

With that said, it is a beautiful device. I don't want to take away from genius of this PV. It is just that. Genius.

I may not understand the capabilities of the GGTS in it's entirety. I believe I've watched all of the youtube videos featuring the GGTS. It seems to me that you would still have to carry a section (part) around with you when the configuration is in it's smallest form (nano). I also haven't seen any videos of anyone storing anything inside the GGTS, as was done in your video of the GGT. That was an amazing feature that really intrigued me. As well, I haven't seen anyone change the position of the switch (button) on the GGTS; another feature I liked on the Transformer. Does the GGTS have these capabilities? If so, then I could definitely get over the look of the middle brass piece as well as it's size difference from the rest of the unit.

Thanks so much for any help imeo, I appreciate it greatly. Your work is great. Truly art. I'm hoping to own a few of your PV's in the near future. I'm planning on purchasing a GG slim, and hopefully a GGTS (if it carries the same features as the GGT).

Happy Vaping Friend :)

Thanks a lot Bubble my friend.!!
You are talking about features that dont exist. GGT had never has a storing area, had never a moving button.
The storing feature was before the new safe button appear and the moving button was on a GGTS prototype only. I finally didnt made it because of the big cost.:)

5m0k1n70

Mar 4, 2009
IMEO,
Again, let me say that I am not trying to insult you or your work. I love the GG-T. It looks amazing, and in response to a comment made to Bubble, it does kind of look old, or out-dated. I also like this about the T, it's like a rich-mans e-cig from the old west or something. With that said, I love the shape, the design, the size, the "outdated" button on the side with the screw-out locking mechanism. These are all selling points for me. I have some modern-looking ones, such as the SD and the Super 6 which is now on order because the GG-T looks to have vanished. I wish I would find out if I could get another one...

So again, I have my reasons for wanting a GG-T, so that's all my question really is...how to get one new, or used if that's the only path to success.

Also, I have no interest in changing the voltage of the unit throughout the day. I mean, if I am going to leave home with it in one fashion, I will keep it in that fashion. I'm not concerned with carrying extra parts, because I won't. That also eliminates a need for the internal storage and the telescoping feature on the new GG. I won't need the parts, the internal storage, or the telescoping property. I want this T simply for its prestige...it's the coolest e-cig I've ever seen.

In addition, being a chemist and all, I do prefer to change voltages on some of my devices. I'm sure some people would be interested in hearing some of the additional vaping options I have tested and proven to work. Thicker substances that stay longer, ones with other ingredients or solvents. It's really pretty cool how I can experiment with different voltages in order to reach the ideal vaporization temp needed for the particular substance/flavor inside. Good fun...

So, back on track...is there ANY way to get a GG-T? Even used, broken, needs repairs, anything...where can I get one?

Thanks in advance
Bill

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Thank you for the speedy response to my post. I didn't know that was a prototype GGT that I saw on YouTube. The GGTS seems like it will be my next PV purchase. I'm extremely excited. About how long does shipping/processing take on average? I'm in Louisian (USA). Thanks again. Happy vaping.

PS and just to clairify, when the GGTS is in it smallest configuration, there is a spare piece (not connected to the device), correct? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread