GGTS imitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
I think this is definitely the most direct copy to date. I have read through GG threads for a long time, and never really got the reason why everyone was so irritated when GG copy came out. Now having a GGTS and a Stealth on the way, I can say that I get it. I saw this video, and the first thought I had was "hey! they ripped off Imeo!"

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
:lol: another copy. Thats simply great!!

A friend send me the link some hours ago and my response to him was this:

I am wondering when they make tiny changes on GGTS if they understand what they do.

1. Front holes so in an explotion of battery the mod will go inside their throat
2. He copied even the plastic with holes on the venting cap that I used on older models. Holes of my plastic were the same but the gases had a side direction of course because of the side holes of the venting cap
3. moving pole with o-rings like GGTS but without the cut on the center pin to allow all atomizers breath ande no 4 in 1 connector of course
4. Stealth's front cap lol
5. telescope stays too much open with the 18650 battery. Also threads are almost shown there
6. Too much wobbling so very bad made threads with a risk to crossthread it
7. Unshined contacts so big loss of power
8. No knurled adjustable ring so impossible to screw it in the right way
9. No spring to melt in case of a short cirquit
10. Too big center post, so it makes this mod bigger than it could be
11. Its fatter than 23mm with no reason
12. When you lock the button, the threads of the button's case are visible
13. Matt finish is much cheaper than mirror shine and much easier
14. Battery doesnt fit in all of its length to the tubes, so too much wobbling
14. And Odysseus doesnt sit flush on this mod :lol:

No attention to any detail

Cost at 150 euros without collector tank, without air control, without 4 in 1 connector and with all above flaws?
These people are not only copiers but they want quick money too. Then they will leave you alone at the end

Last edited:

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
I for one have lost all my respect for Scott on this one. As Imeo states up above, these knock off artists want some quick cash and then will vacate the premesis.
My first experience with a GG product was 2 years ago when I bought a used aluminum GGTS. It had stripped threads in the 4 in one atty cap. I emailed Imeo for some dimensions as I was going to drill out the old cap and re-machine a new insert for it. I still remember Imeo's words by heart. " my friend, as GG owner, you have a lifetime warranty" and in 7 days I had a replacement topcap show up in my mailbox for free and postage paid.

Imeo could have skated the issue, blamed me or the former owner for misuse etc etc but he didn't. He didn't even ask for a picture of the problem piece, just took my word for it. That single action of taking responsibility for his product motivated me to sell ALL my PV's and now I only own GG's.

For this reason alone I think we have an obligation to support Imeo. The second reason is his creativity which is always thinking up new and improved vaping devices.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I saw this to, so I checked it out. The price is more than a Stealth but less than a GGTS, slightly less than $200 usd. Depending on weather or not the connector pin has the added seals the GGTS has, I would expect it to leak into the battery department. The end cap is outdated. It doesn't come close to the value of the original.
Scotts been reviewing a lot of the copies, and does it with out mentioning the designs origins. I don't know if Imeo would want Scott to mention GG in a copies reveiw. Its really to bad but its being done, getting promoted and marketed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
In older days Scott was always mentioning about GG copies. This time he didnt. He has his reasons maybe. Of course the right thing was to mention it.

Scott is a reviewer with very good reputation and my suggestion to him is that he has to keep it as it is. I will still send him my products to review them.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
What can be said what hasn't been said. Its a nasty thorn that will annoy anyone that buys a named product over a generic knock off product. As they say you get what you pay for. With that said we are lucky to have Imeo that makes new innovative devices while these other organization may copy is work they will never have his guaranteed quality of craftsmen design. There can only be one Imeo and his own designs is flawless and top quality. All these generic knock offs will never posses his quality and care of his devices.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Scott's answer on youtybe to a guy:

hi mate,

similarities....yes

down to the last detail......hmmm, not so sure

but yeah, definitely inspired by the GGTS i would imagine, lol

cheers

scott..

Scott is right. Its not a GGTS of course for the reasons that I mention before. But its not a direct copy only because it misses many things that GGTS has and because he compiled some GGTS and some Stealth's things together. But all the things on it are a direct GG series copy.

Last edited:

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
See that beautiful engraving ... very snazzy lol... To be honest looking at that vid and then looking at my GGs .. there is no comparison except the fact that it can resemble a GGTS in a tiny way.

This is going to happen on a massive scale. It's free advertising really. Imeo can't supply the whole world but he can supply those that have taste.

So realistically Imeo will get busier and busier and those that have no patience will go down that road and later regret it. The classifieds on most forums won't be interested and I just feel sorry for the buyers. But if it brings more in then I say let them try these copies. Nah copies is an insult to Imeo.

Those that run before they walk will regret it and those that think they have the dogs boll***s and then go to vaping sites and see the real deal will be gutted.

These people I feel sorry for.

Thats going to hurt.

But in saying that there is a market out there for simple telescopic pipes with badly copied parts.
But this product in general will flop because it's UGLY. My local plumber could put something better than this together with my bathroom pipes.

Who designed that? Like who looked at it and thought " well it's a bodge job but it'll do the job, make 1,000 a month "
Serial number 000137 lol... very wishful...

Ok thats me done..
In all honesty calling this a GG rip off is an insult to what GG is all about.

As you were ..

Ski-

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I feel sorry for the people who pay 150 euro for copy. I could understand (not justify it) if there is some cheap copy for 50-80 euro so someone buys it, but this is same as paying 1.000 euro for Armani suit which was made in some guys garage and labeled with fake declaration... and you give money even if you know all that.

One thing, if we want to be sincere - they could made very high quality copy, maybe even same quality... but it would be still just a copy which must be pricy because of material and production process... so we go back at the begining, you are paying to have a copy, which is stupid.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I for one have lost all my respect for Scott on this one. As Imeo states up above, these knock off artists want some quick cash and then will vacate the premesis.
My first experience with a GG product was 2 years ago when I bought a used aluminum GGTS. It had stripped threads in the 4 in one atty cap. I emailed Imeo for some dimensions as I was going to drill out the old cap and re-machine a new insert for it. I still remember Imeo's words by heart. " my friend, as GG owner, you have a lifetime warranty" and in 7 days I had a replacement topcap show up in my mailbox for free and postage paid.

Imeo could have skated the issue, blamed me or the former owner for misuse etc etc but he didn't. He didn't even ask for a picture of the problem piece, just took my word for it. That single action of taking responsibility for his product motivated me to sell ALL my PV's and now I only own GG's.

For this reason alone I think we have an obligation to support Imeo. The second reason is his creativity which is always thinking up new and improved vaping devices.

I'm with you Torque. I can't believe he had the balls to put an Ody on that thing...what the #*#* is he thinking? Soooo disrespectful in my opinion.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
I've been thinking about this all day River. At first I was mad at the sheer gall of the knockoff guys but in retrospect, I think its ultimately a compliment to the GG. Knockoffs are everywhere. Last year we took in a $400k piece of mining Capital equipment that siezed up. Turned out the User had used knock off SKF bearings without knowing. Bearings! Can you belive that? Upon postmortem root cause analysis the bearing was perfectly stamped as SKF. The only way we could tell was from doing a core hardness check which revealed the steel was crap.

To conclude, its up to us to buy quality and as such, only from reputable vendors. If people want to buy junk, they'll have to live withthe consequences. I think the knockoff's will ultimately help the GG brand

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I am sure that all people know what they have to do, they all recognize the quality, they all recognize the original inventor, they all recognize the flaws, they all recognize the service etc. We are here just to remind those things to all people and to ourselfes too.
We all have been victims of knock off products in the past. I never bought a knock off product that satisfied me. I did it some times when I was younger and I will never do it again because it costs more that the original in the end. Thats a major rule that noone must forget. My father told me once that we are very poor to buy cheap products.

I want to thank all the inteligent people that posted or they will post on this thread. That means that I am not working for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread