RV5WXe4l.jpg

I'm singing the happy tune:banana:
Happy for you!

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
How is your 510 pin? These seem to have bad 510 and the atomizer wobble because of it. Have you noticed any wobbly on different tanks
Really? I have not experienced any atomizer wobble; however, some attys don't sit flush. There is a tiny gap under the GM2. None when I put the Aromamizer on it. The 510 spring is not as firm as in my other mods, so I speculate over time the spring may give way, especially if attys are screwed in too tight. At first the 510 threading was not perfect as there were some resistance when I screwed in my first atty. This went away after I broke it in. I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Heartsdelight

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Really? I have not experienced any atomizer wobble; however, some attys don't sit flush. There is a tiny gap under the GM2. None when I put the Aromamizer on it. The 510 spring is not as firm as in my other mods, so I speculate over time the spring may give way, especially if attys are screwed in too tight. At first the 510 threading was not perfect as there were some resistance when I screwed in my first atty. This went away after I broke it in. I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
BTW the Goblin looks sexy on the Evic though :thumb: The Goblin looks good on anything though

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Hi everybody! I kind of recently fell in love with the Mini v1 and jumped on the occasion of having a top filled, larger chimney version, so I bought the v2.

But, no matter how hard I try, I fail to wick it in a way that prevents it from leaking when filling. I close the airflow completely, I really quickly fill it, leaving a small amount of air on top, I close it quickly. But it always leaks and I lose a sizeable amount of juice. When I tried to fill the liquid chimneys with cotton it didn't leak but then the liquid flow was impeded (on temperature control here, so no dry hits, just anemic vapor).

It seems impossible that this thing needs such a *perfect* wicking to vape well with no leaking. As of now I think that UD should have left it with bottom filling if the design wasn't conducive to top filling. They could have given us the other modifications but, like this, this seems to me an excercise in frustration. :(

I'm open to all suggestions. I can wick with KDG or Rayon, if that would make a difference (I tried both so far...). The build I have is dual coil, titanium, 2.0mm coils.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
I know people are against this, but Gorman, I went ahead and wicked right down the juice channel right off the bat. Hasn't leaked a drop yet. It maybe took a bit longer to break in the new wick and coil, but it's hitting pretty good this morning.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@gorman Regrettably that is an issue with this otherwise good little tank. It all rests on how well you learn how to wick it. As there is very little difference between the version 1 and 2, if one proven method works in one, it will work in the other. A great place for you to start would be Youtube instructional videos. Here are two popular wicking methods:

I've only had my GM2 for a week or two, so I'm still going through the experimentation stage. I currently am using the Vaping Biker's wicking method and it is working fine. A little condensation still builds up on the bottom of the tank; however, that is to be expected. If you still run into trouble, feel free to return back here with pictures of your deck and wick. There are plenty of good folks who could help you; however, they may be in bed right now.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@gorman If you're getting dry or "anemic" hits, then most likely you have too much cotton going into the channels. Do not stuff in cotton, it has to be remain fluffy, otherwise juice will not be be able to travel up to the coil. Take a look at the links to the videos I posted. It may help you catch the minor error you're making.

Reactions: gorman

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I'll retry with KDG. With Rayon I've tried pretty much all combinations and I can safely say that the "sweet spot" is down to tenths of millimeters. It went from anemic to "leaking after filling" in a matter of a millimiter shaved from the length of the wicks...
Yeah, the smallest of change can result in either a fail or win. It's only a small atty.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Yeah, the smallest of change can result in either a fail or win. It's only a small atty.
Yup, what I'm saying is that with v1 it wasn't so "temperamental".

My current build. This way it leaks I'd say about half a milliliter before reaching internal pressure balance. Then it vapes well (comparable to v1, I'd say). Wicked with rayon.

1179t09.jpg

mhfw2p.jpg

Edit: tried the way GrimGreen used in the video, with KDG. It's probably a bit better but, still, some drops leaking after closing the top cap.

Now, what I'm saying is: top filling is for convenience. And the fact that it's so much messier with refilling, really... it doesn't make sense design-wise.

I hope I will get the hang of it but currently I deem it too sensible to minute variations in the wicking. This was definitely not the case with v1. With v1 you definitely risked overstuffing the channels, compromising juice flow, but once you got the hang of it you were set. And no leaking (save from the condensation on the bottom, which never worried be or bothered me).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread