goblin mini v2? Is this the one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@KayP you say you are using the Biker's method. The portion of cotton you fill in the liquid channel is it enough to cover them all or is it just a little bit and the rest is covered by pancaking the rest on top, once you screw in the chimney?
In my first try, I had the wicks running all the way to the bottom of the channel. I did not stuff the cotton in and made sure it was fluffy; however, I was getting dry hits. I then cut the wicks a little, to about half way down the channel. This did the trick. As for the top section, I lightly poked the cotton to level with the coil and spaced it away a little from the coil edges to give more room for air flow.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
In my first try, I had the wicks running all the way to the bottom of the channel. I did not stuff the cotton in and made sure it was fluffy; however, I was getting dry hits. I then cut the wicks a little, to about half way down the channel. This did the trick. As for the top section, I lightly poked the cotton to level with the coil and spaced it away a little from the coil edges to give more room for air flow.
That works for me. Half tail down track to chimney opening. The rest run up to deck and trim so ends overlap away from airflo. Not much cotton on top. It's worked for me every time. It's easy after doing one. I seem to get great vapor and flavor. Also a little loose thru coils. Not so your forcing the cotton thru.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
That works for me. Half tail down track to chimney opening. The rest run up to deck and trim so ends overlap away from airflo. Not much cotton on top. It's worked for me every time. It's easy after doing one. I seem to get great vapor and flavor. Also a little loose thru coils. Not so your forcing the cotton thru.
There's always a fine balance between too much and too little cotton, and I find this experimentation process very entertaining. Well most of the time [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
There's always a fine balance between too much and too little cotton, and I find this experimentation process very entertaining. Well most of the time [emoji28]

The wicking is by far the smallest problem. It's the deck size I wish they had changed to dual post. However after 2.5 coils each time im used to it. I just use a kuro single wire 24ga kanthal 7/8 wrap spaced and Vapes pretty good at
. 28-. 31ohms

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
The wicking is by far the smallest problem. It's the deck size I wish they had changed to dual post. However after 2.5 coils each time im used to it. I just use a kuro single wire 24ga kanthal 7/8 wrap spaced and Vapes pretty good at
. 28-. 31ohms
Yes I agree. With dual posts we could've had a little more room to play with.

I chucked in claptons into my GM, am I nutz?[emoji14]

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Yes I agree. With dual posts we could've had a little more room to play with.

I chucked in claptons into my GM, am I nutz?[emoji14]

What 2 wire did you use and gauge. I thought a single coil deck for a clapton would have been cool say 3.0mm if they had a optional deck to put in. But they didn't do anything with the deck it's about same size to me as the first.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
What 2 wire did you use and gauge. I thought a single coil deck for a clapton would have been cool say 3.0mm if they had a optional deck to put in. But they didn't do anything with the deck it's about same size to me as the first.
It's far to difficult to squeeze in a 3mm ID Clapton coil into that claustrophobic deck. I currently have a single Clapton wire build (28gax2 + 32ga, 2mm ID, 5 wraps) which reads 0.46 oHms.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
It's far to difficult to squeeze in a 3mm ID Clapton coil into that claustrophobic deck. I currently have a single Clapton wire build (28gax2 + 32ga, 2mm ID, 5 wraps) which reads 0.46 oHms.
Nichrome? Yes as it sits no room. Change the deck entirely is my thoughts. Question.. how was the vape?

Reactions: KayP

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Got my 3 GM V2 :banana: Build it, wicked it like my normal Goblin's and no leaking with the topfill, quite pleased!

1zc2yrp.jpg

O-rings, glass and single coil adapter from V1 fit the V2, chamber and chimney unfortunatly don't because of the slighter larger deck. So you can't use the base of the V1 as a spare for the V2.....they should release the topcap and chimney also for the V1 as an upgrade kit....so we can also have topfill for those :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread