Goblin V3 building problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naheed

Sep 18, 2017
Hi all, I am new to building and having some problems with my tank. Not getting proper flavor. I have a clapton wire .42 ohms. There is no flavor when I put the chimney back. While priming the coil and firing I can smell the flavor. The moment I put the chimney flavor is gone. I can taste nicotine only or it can be cotton, but its a weird taste and burns my throat. Anyone know why this is happening?

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
Don't know if this will help but will share my experience. I'm sure some one will correct me if wrong, I don't think sub ohm is the best coil build for the Goblin V3. I have one V3 that I use with the diffuser and one without. I use different gauge wire and coil diameters but find they all work very well. Right now I am using 29 ga Kanthal, 5/4 wrap with 2.5 diameter coil comes out to 1.4 ohm. I get great flavor at 4V but mix the power up or down as needed. I use Koh Gen Do cotton and the taste is very good with my 50/50 mix of juice.

Naheed

Sep 18, 2017
Thanks. Well I have tried everything. I have tried building on above ohms as well. That is what I prefer though. Less vapor production and perfect for MTL. I made a build today with 28 kanthal came out to 1.43 ohms. But still no flavor. Vapor production is good but it is tasteless.. Don't really know what I am doing wrong. The coil is glowing evenly throughout. Going to give up on this soon. I have posted pictures of my build, if that helps. Thanks once again.

Attachments

• IMG_3710.JPG
    IMG_3710.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3712.JPG
    IMG_3712.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3713.JPG
    IMG_3713.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3714.JPG
    IMG_3714.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3715.JPG
    IMG_3715.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks. Well I have tried everything. I have tried building on above ohms as well. That is what I prefer though. Less vapor production and perfect for MTL. I made a build today with 28 kanthal came out to 1.43 ohms. But still no flavor. Vapor production is good but it is tasteless.. Don't really know what I am doing wrong. The coil is glowing evenly throughout. Going to give up on this soon. I have posted pictures of my build, if that helps. Thanks once again.
Try to space the coil so it "covers" the entire airflow port.
see thumbnails
Best of luck
I
e7853ec8f14adb36c26a1dfa9b104034.jpg gobminisetup2jpg.jpg

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have wicking issues the most (well, it's everything now that I've been gifted my motor tremor back!) but you do want your cotton even on both sides. Use a slightly longer piece twirled into an easy "point" to pull through your cotton, then pull it far enough that you can trim and fluff both sides equally.

Not that I am the person to take wicking advice from, seriously, but that's what the tutorials were showing, so that is what I do...

Anna

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Could it be vapor tongue problem, or may be you have burnt the juice at too low/high wattage...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have tried spaced coils too. Will give it a shot. How did you get the cotton to stay like that and equal on both sides. My cotton never stays that way. Do you do anything to the cotton before sliding it in?
Your wicking looks fine :thumbs:
I tend to leave my wicks a bit long on each side and comb it out with my tweezers so the ends are nice and aligned and a bit less dense before doing the tuck and poke. (Rayon preferred)

Keep practising, you are getting it.
Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread