going to start RDTA build but need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abzyshaid

Nov 21, 2017
Hi I am new to this forum but not new to vaping, I have always used stock coils but lately I have found out that it is cheaper if I go and start using a RDA/RDTA build.

My question is I have ijoy capo 100 and I was wondering if i could use a RDTA/RDA build on it

Max Wattage: 100W

Size : 78.2*52.3*30 mm

Big size fire button

Top battery slot

26 mm tank

Resistance Range: 0.05~3.0 ohm

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes you can build an RTA on almost any tank, as there are MTL RDTAs and DL RDTAs. When you choose a tank, since your mod's maximum wattage is 100, you may want to look at building something of medium resistance (say 0.4--0.6) at first to see how your battery life holds up. The higher the resistance coil, the less wattage it is going to need, so you'll be able to balance your desire for clouds/wattage with battery life.

Best of luck, if you want more information I suggest you go to this part of the forum, tons of helpful information and pinned links. But you can run an RDTA on that mod, certainly. Rebuildable Atomizer Systems You'd probably find some good info on RTDAs that get good reviews and the coilbuilding subforum has tons of helpful information.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you

do you know how long will a custom build coil last?? my normal stock coil lasts me about a week as I vape around 100 puffs a day
Hi and welcome.
I re-wick weekly and recoil monthly or so.
YMMV depending on the coil material, the type of juice and the type of wick you select.

Have fun
I

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My question is I have ijoy capo 100 and I was wondering if i could use a RDTA/RDA build on it

You absolutely could use either, but be aware of the difference between an RTA and an RDTA. An RTA is like a tank that you currently use, but uses rebuildable coils and replaceable wicks. An RDTA is like a dripping atomizer with a reservoir of liquid instead of a shallow-ish well. It too has a rebuildable coil system and replaceable wicks, but differs in where the liquid resides relative to the coil. There are people who swear by both; I prefer RTA's.

It would be best to start simple. Single-coil RDA's like the Serpent Mini and OBS Engine Nano are easy to learn with and cause few headaches. Don't go after difficult decks (like I did). Postless decks for example. You'll spend too much time fiddlin' and cussin' (like I did) and less time vaping. Those types of atomizers can take monster-sized exotic coils that, IMO, only waste juice, battery charge and time.

When you choose a tank, since your mod's maximum wattage is 100, you may want to look at building something of medium resistance (say 0.4--0.6) at first to see how your battery life holds up. The higher the resistance coil, the less wattage it is going to need, so you'll be able to balance your desire for clouds/wattage with battery life.

Not calling you out Anna, but this is not necessarily true. The wattage required to get a build up to a temperature that produces a desirable vape is mostly governed by the size and surface area of the coil(s) used. A big coil or big pair (or trio, or...) needs more power regardless of its resistance.

For example, my Goblin 1.2 has two 0.40 Ohm coils for a total build resistance of about 0.22. My Moonshot has two 1.0 Ohm coils for a total of 0.50-ish. The Moonshot is best at about 55 Watts while the Goblin nearly burns up over 40. The reason is that there is more wire and larger diameter coils in the Moonshot build. Both are fantastic vapes, but I use the Goblin on a single cell device while the Moonshot really needs a dual cell device.

The Moonshot is one of those "challenging" devices to build with because it's really designed for cloud chasing and can handle big, fat exotic coils. Buying it was a mistake because I was just starting out back then. But it was on clearance and the Youtube reviews made it look soooo easy, dude!

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Thank you guys for responding and I am sorry for all the question, this is my last question to you guys.

the ijoy capo 100 has a 26mm tank so should I look out for tanks that mm size and lower
If you'd like to avoid overhang. Not too terribly many out there that are over 25mm.

Unless I'm thinking of another Mod, the capo has that battery cap, don't know if that would affect going over 26mm as well. I know it looks like the Capo Sqonker, and 25mm was tight on that.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. No problem about putting a built-coil topper on that machine. It is unquestionably cheaper to do so, although there is some start-up cost to acquire wire and wick and tools and so forth. There's also a learning curve involved, but it's not all that hard to do. Heck, even I can do it.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread