Good coil wire that lasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
us
does anyone know of any coil wire that actually lasts? Right now I am using lightning vapes premium kanthal A1 24awg wire.

I have previously tried a few others as well.

Every single coil burns out after just 1 day. The cotton is still fine, but the coils burn out.

I do chain vape. I currently only vape at 12-13 watts, because anything higher doesn't taste right with my current wire.

I do 6 wraps. The ohms of my current wire are around.5

The juice I vape is 1.5mg nicotine and is 50/50Vp pg.

I would be happy if I could find a wire that would last even 2 days. I literally have to replace my coil every single day.

Any input on wire that actually lasts for chain vapors??

Thank you

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
us
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Deleted due to duplicate thread

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape in the same range as you. When I replace a wick I do a light dry burn and water wash and then re-wick the same coil. I might replace the coil once or twice a month if it's a daily vape that gets lots of use, and the wick every three or four days. Most of the juices I vape are lighter colored, lower flavor %, and transparent. Dark juices lead to frequent coil-wick changes so I steer clear of those.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Do you chain vape? How much liquid do you go through a day?

What wire are you using?
I use 28ga at 7.5 to 12watts and 3-4ml of juice. Feels like Im chain vaping but I guess I dont.
I only change coils because I feel like tinkering with stuff. Generally just a clean and rewick about once or twice a week.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I use 28ga at 7.5 to 12watts and 3-4ml of juice. Feels like Im chain vaping but I guess I dont.
I only change coils because I feel like tinkering with stuff. Generally just a clean and rewick about once or twice a week.

I’m much the same. I use some pretty sweet juice that can gunk up the coils fairly quickly but if you keep on top of it and clean regularly they can last quite a while. Vaping on a 2 month old coil right now. Dry fire to burn off the gunk, give it good scrub with a wire brush, rinse and rewick. I’ll do this maybe twice a week at most.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
does anyone know of any coil wire that actually lasts? Right now I am using lightning vapes premium kanthal A1 24awg wire.
Every single coil burns out after just 1 day. The cotton is still fine, but the coils burn out.
I do chain vape. I currently only vape at 12-13 watts, because anything higher doesn't taste right with my current wire.
I would be happy if I could find a wire that would last even 2 days. I literally have to replace my coil every single day.
Thank you
Hi and Welcome back.
What are you building on? (RDA/RTA)
What battery device are you using?
Does the wire physically break?
Can you post a photo of a coil that has "burn out" please.

Cheers
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Thank you
This makes no sense at all to me. A coil of that description should last months. Especially at that wattage. There’s got to be something odd going on. Are you constantly firing the coil till it turns orange? How much wick are you using? What do you define as “lasting”? Are you burning through the actual coil or does it just get dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread