Good, very simple, single coil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bover907

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
I'm going to start DIYing my own N.E.T. juices, by extracting my own tobaccos. I've never been a dripper, I've used rta's for the past 4+ years.

Wondering if someone could recommend a good, reliable, simple single coil dripper for testing throughout the steeping process. I'll probably never use it for anything other than that.

Reactions: stols001

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The Govad I had was a leaking machine. I expect that there will be folks saying I didn't use it correctly, or dripped wrong, or over-dripped. To those I will say up front that I REALLY wanted to like the Govad, and tried a lot of different builds and dripping techniques but it still leaked.

For MY money - there are better choices, and I don't have to work nearly as hard to get a leak-free vape. I happily sold the Govad, and am glad to have it gone - life is too short to fiddle around with a poorly designed, finnicky RDA that leaks constantly.

If you want a decent single-coil RDA there are tons of better choices, IMO. A few that I am currently using are the Hadaly (clones and authentics), Pulse 22, Origen Little 16 (clones and authentics), Wasp Nano, and Solo clone.

For flavor over clouds, I go with the Origen Little, and the clones are very nice for 10 bucks. In the middle lies the Hadaly, which gives a warmish vape with a restricted direct-lung hit. I use the Pulse 22 with a single stainless steel clapton at around .25-ohms and it is a bit cool on a single-battery mech - but it still gives decent vapor, though not as much flavor compared to the other two.

I use claptons in the Wasp and Solo but you have to be careful with either because they will spit if you over saturate the coil/wick.

To answer your last question - I would test in an RDA that suits your vaping style.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
The Govad I had was a leaking machine. I expect that there will be folks saying I didn't use it correctly, or dripped wrong, or over-dripped. To those I will say up front that I REALLY wanted to like the Govad, and tried a lot of different builds and dripping techniques but it still leaked.

For MY money - there are better choices, and I don't have to work nearly as hard to get a leak-free vape. I happily sold the Govad, and am glad to have it gone - life is too short to fiddle around with a poorly designed, finnicky RDA that leaks constantly.

If you want a decent single-coil RDA there are tons of better choices, IMO. A few that I am currently using are the Hadaly (clones and authentics), Pulse 22, Origen Little 16 (clones and authentics), Wasp Nano, and Solo clone.

For flavor over clouds, I go with the Origen Little, and the clones are very nice for 10 bucks. In the middle lies the Hadaly, which gives a warmish vape with a restricted direct-lung hit. I use the Pulse 22 with a single stainless steel clapton at around .25-ohms and it is a bit cool on a single-battery mech - but it still gives decent vapor, though not as much flavor compared to the other two.

I use claptons in the Wasp and Solo but you have to be careful with either because they will spit if you over saturate the coil/wick.

To answer your last question - I would test in an RDA that suits your vaping style.
You sir just made me smarter, i didn't even know a dripper could leak 0.0 first time i hear that one for sure! Though i can't really answer op's question as i don't use single coils.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm going to start DIYing my own N.E.T. juices, by extracting my own tobaccos. I've never been a dripper, I've used RTA's for the past 4+ years.

Wondering if someone could recommend a good, reliable, simple single coil dripper for testing throughout the steeping process. I'll probably never use it for anything other than that.

The Narda or the Pocket RDA would be worth looking into for a Flavor leaning Single Coil RDA.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks. I was intrigued by the govad. That'll probably be the one i get.

With the same build at same watts, would the RTA really make that much of a difference? I just plan on using it to test cold macerations to check on the steeping process, check on flavor.

It can. The fluid dynamics of an atty play a role in what the vapor end product will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread