Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Ordered several weeks ago, and have been eagerly anticipating delivery.
I got the Tornado/eGo, Screwdriver, and Mega 510.

I was really disappointed when I opened the package and discovered the power cords for the Mega 510 multicharger and the Tornado had Euro plugs. :(

I already had a 510, and can use the cord from its charger to power the multicharger ... on which I can charge both the Mega 510 and the Tornado (with its charger adapter). But, I'm wondering if they screwed up or if they always send Euro cords to the USA.

Otherwise, so far so good! I'm really enjoying the SD, and looking forward to giving the Tornado a shot. And, trying to figure out how to attach the lanyards to the SD (especially the one for the button safety cover)

My arsenal might just be sufficient for a while. :D Still got a juice Box in the works.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Huh?? I've never had anything but great service. To the OP, I have the mega 5-batt charger, and it was US plugs. I'm sure they would exchange if you are in the states.

The mega atty story also is weird. The atty should be sealed from joyetech with its own cart. Was it opened and had the wrong cart? You might be able to just buy some blank mega carts for a few bucks.

I will say though that the staff at TW doing the shipping can be a bit scattered though. Had a few mistakes sent to me, and without taking the person on the phone very carefully through the details it was not going to come out right. All my attys and batts however are TW, and all excellent 510 products. Best to buy when there is a sale though...they can be pricey.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Well, I left my Tornado battery charging on the Mega 100's multicharger overnight, using the adapter. Got up this morning and the indicator light was still not indicating a charge. It had been on there for around 9 hours. I tried it, and sure enough, nada. :(

Should that arrangement have worked?

Getting a bit frustrated at this point.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Hi NCC, sorry to hear about your troubles! Is it possible that the connection is not complete between your charger and the Tornado battery? Perhaps a pole is not positioned correctly, I read this happened to someone else somewhere. Hope you get it figured out.

Btw - several weeks? Did it take so long because of the models ordered or is this normal lag time for TW?

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
NCC if you used the USA site you should have recieved US plugs...I have order from TW several times and always had super fast shipping from them...If it took several weeks and it came from the UK then it had to go through customs which ALWAYS takes forever.

Go to the USA site and talk to customer service Im sure they would be more than happy to help you with your problem. If anything just buy the UK to US adapter...Either order it off the website or go to walmart I am pretty sure they have them in either the electronics or the luggage section!

As for the plug from your other 510 charger it could possibly just be a wrong type of plug. Not every plug that fits always works....

Goodluck on your stuff hope they get you fixed up!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Yeah, I did order from the UK site. Just plain ignorance on my part. I Googled and landing in England. Got a $10+ Foreign Transaction fee on my card too. I just didn't realize there was a USA site. :(

So, anyway, it appears one of the two batteries is DOA. I put the other one on to charge before I went to work ... picked it up at lunch time and it is properly charged.

Thanks y'all. I'll have to take up the bum battery with someone. Can the USA location handle that even though I purchased from the UK? Might they have a cord to sell me too? Guess I should try to call them.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
My Tornado kit came with a US plug, and the button should blink a few times when you connect it to the charger.

Agreed. It sounds like contact wasn't made. I've had that issue at times with the mega charger, especially if the batt is completely dead when I go to recharge it.

Two things it should be doing: the batt light should, as was said, blink a few times to indicate charging has started, and the charger light for that port should briefly blink from red to green every 5 seconds.

Try another port, or have them replace the charger. Also try another batt. Maybe the issue was the batt, not the charger.

Good luck!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Kurt: I'll take note of the battery's light activity (or lack thereof) when I get home this evening. But, as I noted in post #13, the other battery was left on the charger for about 5 hours this morning and charged just fine. So, I'm now suspecting I have a bum battery. The indicator on the charger showed it was charging ... for something like 9 hours. It doesn't seem like that would be true if there wasn't a good contact.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
OK, I got home a little early today. Checked the battery in question. I left it on the charger all day and the charge indicator never changed. I'm R-G color 'blind' and wish the bi-color LEDs they used weren't red-green, but I can easily tell the difference in intensity when I've got some red and some green. I have the same difficulty with all bi-color LEDs, except the ones on my KR-808 charger. That thing could light up a room when it's in charge mode, LOL.

Anyway, the LED on the battery does not flash when connected to the charger, the charger's indicator LED indicates it is charging and never changes from that state. The battery won't charge, so I conclude it is defective. The other battery works just fine.

EDIT: I have contacted TW, left a message.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
OK, I got home a little early today. Checked the battery in question. I left it on the charger all day and the charge indicator never changed. I'm R-G color 'blind' and wish the bi-color LEDs they used weren't red-green, but I can easily tell the difference in intensity when I've got some red and some green. I have the same difficulty with all bi-color LEDs, except the ones on my KR-808 charger. That thing could light up a room when it's in charge mode, LOL.

Anyway, the LED on the battery does not flash when connected to the charger, the charger's indicator LED indicates it is charging and never changes from that state. The battery won't charge, so I conclude it is defective. The other battery works just fine.

EDIT: I have contacted TW, left a message.

Ok, it does sound pretty much settled. the battery is dead or in some way not taking a charge. Glad you went the extra mile to make sure of that, and it gives you more details to support your claim. BTW, I have had some batts that did not blink when put on the charger, and the charger led did not blink every 5 sec, just stayed red. They actually charged anyway, so in your case I do now think your battery is defective. There have been cases of this, to be sure, and from TW as well. Good luck!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I just want to add - word of mouth business is a HUGE deal with these companies and it may be that TW USA might want to rectify the issue, even though the issue was your fault from using the UK site (as you've said yourself, I;m not knocking ya) in error.
I'm sure if you deal with them politely (as Im sure you are) and explain that you asked the folks here on ECF (name dropping never hurts if its done right..) and they figured out youd got the 'wrong' site that you realised what had happened. The bad atty is no-oen's fault - that kind of thing happenes to the best companies and is a manufacturing not a sales issue. They might want to keep you happy, even though they made no error initially, and then you can come back and tell us how wonderful they are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread