Status
Not open for further replies.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Pardon any typos, misspells & other format as this is my first review & IMHO only.

Just received & started using my CE2 R4 cartomizers,FLuXomizers as Got Vapes call them, & thought I would try writing a review of the so far results.

The Draw is smooth & very easy, & the taste of your vapor comes through as it was intended to be by the maker.

The instructions on "how to fill" : Remove mouth piece then inner sealing ring. DON'T DO This.
Getting the inner ring out is difficult at best & getting in back in is worse as it needs to be aligned so as the notches fit with the "wick" inside them & it is a tight seal to keep it from leaking.
Use the supplied flexible needle & a 3ml syringe that you can get at you local drug store,$.25 ea., or Wally World.
Cris was good to talk to about the filling problem & he told me to use the flexible needle for the above mentioned reasons & it works pretty good as the holes are small & the needle fits tightly.
Thicker juices are a little harder that thin ones to draw up in the syringe
There is also NO primer in the ones that Got Vapes has as they have replaced those with the factory, so washing before filling is not necessary anymore. Just fill & vape.

I got 1 box of each the regular & XL's in green & red, looks like pink to me, & I would suggest you get them in clear as the juice is harder to see with my 61 year old eyes.

I got them at the grand opening sale price which has gone up, but there is a discount for ECF members to help with that.
:thumbs:Overall I rate the FLuXomizer as a good carto that gives a good TH with the right juice & a smooth delivery. BTW I am writing this as I vape some "Apple Smoke" from Viking Vapor that is 50/50 12mg, just for the info on TH
Hope this gives you a insight on the FLuXomizer, CE2 R4, from Got Vapes.com.

Probably missed something that someone wants to know:confused:, but I figure they will reply or PM.

louis:vapor:

Last edited:

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
OK, I just got mine and am having a HECK of a time filling it.

Using the flex syringe...do I use it from the top (mouthpiece end), after taking out the mouthpiece and the little ring inside? OR from the battery attachment end.

I'm willing to try anything. LOL

OK...just tried the flex syringe...that didn't work either, from either end. LOL I keep ending up pushing liquid through the entire cart. Even the smallest amount ends up coming out the opposite end of the end I put it in. It's not filling the cylinder.

Thicker juices are a little harder that thin ones to draw up in the syringe

Take the "needle" off, take the pouring drip spout off the bottle and put the syringe into the bottle (plunger down of course), then draw up the amount of liquid you want. THAT's the easy part. hahaha

Then you put the needle back on, put it into whatever hole you're using to fill the cylinder, and it should work! But I can't get it to.

Last edited:

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
The holes are very small & on the second ring,you have to line up the needle then gently push it into the hole.
The holes are on the second ring under the mouth piece & you should see themafter taking the mouth piece out.
I had a hard time on the first time to, but just take your time.
After the second one you will stop saying "this is impossible!"
Can't wait to tackle the XL's.LOL

Last edited:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Received mine from gotvapes as well. I've been using the CE-2's for quite awhile, so this was pretty "2nd nature" for me by now.
I remove all the silicone plugs and then it is very, very easy to just drip in from a bottle or dropper. What I found the easiest(learned from a CE-2 mod youtube spot) was to use the end of a paper clip and straighten out the clip and make a bit of a hook on the end. I then literally stick the end into 1 of those 2 tiny fill holes and firmly pick/pull/force the seal plug out. These Fluxo's are a bit different and harder than a normal CE-2R4, but it still came out. After I filled the tube all the way up to darn near the top, I just used the last silicone plug from a regular CE-2 and gently put it into the tube and pushed it as far as it would go. Then I just stick a drip tip on and I'm good to go for quite some time. I can turn it upside down and come back an hour later and not a drop as come out the top.
So I have to say that I like them. For me, they seem just the same as the regular CE-2R4's I've already been using. But keep in mine, I've only been vaping for about 3 weeks, so what the heck do I know. I'm just absolutely digging vaping and not having a cigarette for 3 weeks. Never in my 40 years of smoking had I been able to stay off cigs this long with no, - no real desire to light a cigarette up. I've had that "feeling". but all I had to do was vape for awhile and it was all good once again. I have been using 36mg all along. I will start to taper off since I have what it takes to "cut" what I have.

:vapor:Good luck to you all.:vapor:

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Rosco,
Glad to read your info as when I took the seal out I couldn't figure how I should do it. You have now answered that question as I use a bent paperclip to remove mouth pieces all the time.
Getting it fill isn't that hard with the seal out, but I don't have any old CE2R4's so I have to use the seals over & they are tight & don't want to go in straight. Maybe Royal Smoke will sell those plugs in the future so the rest of us can make it that easy.
Only other thing I can say is they don't like thick juice & I use 50/50 mix to make the wife happy as she like lots of vapor.
Now have to figure how to clean them out when I want to change juices.
Only been vaping since Dec. 15th but this 48 year smoker hasn't had one of THOSE since I started vaping.
This thing works for me & me wife, as long as she doesn't run out of egg nog or 555 juice.

:vapor:Keep on Vapin':vapor:,louis

Last edited:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Hey Louis, glad it helped in some way. I haven't cleaned one yet. I have several and just dedicate 1 for a certain juice, and then use another for a different blend of juice. I'm still discovering a bit about all the options out there for flavor. I smoked Kool's for 40+ years, so this "flavor thing" is new for me. I've been buying small samplers to see what I might like or not. Should I ever get a 10-30ML bottle that I don't like, they have threads here where people sell/trade or whatever to exchange the juices they might not care for. That's what I'll do if I buy something I don't care for. I've got at least 1 extra silicone plug from an old CE2R4 I could easily send. Send me a PM with your address if you'd like, and I can fire it off to ya. I know what you mean about these newer silicone plugs being harder to get back in. They are also harder to get out. Personally, these "new" Fluxomizers are no different than my CE-2R4's that I can see other than they are clear. In fact, this first Fluxo I am using has the tube that is NOT firmly attached at the base and I've already had it spill lots of juice out. Others have encountered this too.
I doubt I will buy anymore of them and just stick with the CE-2R4 XL's. I always get the XL's just cause they hold more.
Good luck to you and your wife.
Rosco:vapor:

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I've been using CE2R4s with all of my 510 PVs for quite a while now, and I can definitely say that these new clear CE2R5s perform much better. From other threads that I've read, the improvement is primarily on the wicking action of the carto, and IMO they produce more vapor and flavor than my PTB modded CE2R4s. Some people pull the cup seal up a bit so that it won't pinch the wick as much, but when I did this I got a small leak because the wick would draw up so much juice that it would collect in the cup and drop down the the center tube and out the vent holes. I don't think this is necessary since they wick fine with the cup seal all the way down.

I disagree with the "no primer" comment. Mine definitely have primer in them, but it's not nearly as bad as the CE2R4s. There is no burnt taste to them, but I can still taste a hint primer through the strong menthol/mint juice that I normally use. The old primer would almost make me gag, but this one is tolerable. Even so, I still cleaned the remaining clear cartos before filling them.

To clean them, I pretty much use the same method I use for the CE2R4s.
1. Remove both the mouth piece and the cupseal.
2. Cut off the closed end of a carto condom and attach it to the tip of a 10mL syringe.
3. Attach the carto to the other end of the condom.
4. Powerflush using near-boiling water. I was initially afraid that the near-boiling water would destroy/deform the plastic, but I was told that the carto would be fine....and it was.
5. Dry overnight then dry-burn until the coil glows red.

Here's what I do when I want to clean a used carto and get all the old flavor out of it. I pretty much follow the same steps as above, but in order to get the juice residue off the coil I add a few drops of vinegar to it and let it sit for a few minutes prior to powerflushing. Then I let dry overnight then dry-burn prior to putting it back together and filling.

Personally, it is a bit tedious, and that's why I've switched over to Boge cartos. But as for the CE2R5 cartos, they're not perfect but it's definitely a step better than the CE2R4s. Plus, they look kinda cool when they're clear.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Thanks much as I was wondering just how I would go about changing juices.
I do like the vapor & flavor I get from these, but I also have some Boge & Truman 3.3 ohm cartos that work pretty good to.
Since I am a newbie I am trying just about everything KR808 to see what fits my wife & myself as far as life style goes.
Will stay with the KR808D1 format as it fits better than anything else I have seen.
Might try the new Bloog cartos if they come in & down on the price as I think they are out of my price range for something thayt is "disposable".

Thanks Again,
louis:vapor:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I took Roscos advice and everything worked great! I dripped down the sides and waited for it to fill. I did let it sit overnight and I have no burning flavor whatsoever! I even dripped 100% VG into the carto and it vapes fantastic. The only thing is be patient for it to settle at the bottom. Once its settled, it vapes awesome. I took out both caps, although the second one does take a lot of effort, and it all works great. Highly recommend!!

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
To all who have the FLuXomiers,
I had a standard kinda' come apart last night as the plastic barrel spun on the bottom, knurled end, which broke the wires inside.
It didn't actually come apart, just spun on the knurled portion & break the wires.
It happened when I took it off a battery, so be careful when putting on & taking off a battery so as not to get it too tight.
Also grab them at the very bottom, metal end, when removing from a battery.
I have left an e-mail to Daniel at Got Vapes.com about this problem.

:vapor:louis:vapor:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Sorry to hear that louis. I know they can be tricky. I handle mine now with a "kid gloves" type of approach. Eventually things will get straightened out and we'll get this behind us. I still have 9 of those new and I'm hoping to find some not as bad. Could be worse..but my vape will go on either way, cuz nothing will stand in my way. :vapor:

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Heres a question...I have posted in other threads & emailed the supplier...why does'nt mine fit on the Inferno battery???

Hello Whiskey,I have no idea?! Weird since Volcano also sells the clear Ce2's Have you tried any adapters? Like using 901/808 to 901/808 to get an airflow problem fixed. I'd sure like to know the answer when you get one! Have a great day!

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Heres a question...I have posted in other threads & emailed the supplier...why does'nt mine fit on the Inferno battery???

My bet is they are marked incorrectly. Can't think of any other conclusion. Send them a note and ask direct maybe. I'm sure they will get it resolved for ya. They seem to be "good people? :)

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas

What thread does an Inferno have?? Is it a 808D-1? Since I don't have one I can't tell you.
I can tell you that if the threads are dirty or have imperfections it will not fit.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Hi Rosco,
Got a reply from Daniel @ Got Vapes & he told me I wasn't the only one to have this problem.
He also told me that since there i NO glue used on the carto this is just a pressed on fitting & to grab at the base only to put it on or take it off the battery.
Happy it has NO glue so will have to live with this or stop using them.
I have found that the 3.0 ohm cartos seem to work best with my Pig Cig.

PS do you have to go back to country? If so please let us know?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread