GotVapes PHOENiX RAVENS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryofu

Aug 26, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Thanks for responding to my question badkolo and I'll be waiting patiently for when the Ravens are fixed and released again. Heck I really owe GotVapes a huge one honestly in my case. I only started vaping 2 months ago and at first it was very painful for me and I didn't like it at all and was ready to toss in the towel and go back to analogs. Then my friend recommend trying GotVapes ViVi Nova tank, Phoenix bottom coils, and several of your ejuice flavors like vanilla scream. I have had 0 pain with your products and they made me enjoy vaping more than I ever enjoyed analogs. I smoked a pack a of marbs a day for 12 years never finding something that could make me quit and I've gone 2 months with out a single smoke thanks to you guys.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
To be honest I had no idea how this got mixed up, they made a massive booboo, its not what was sent days before to test , the whole line is getting redone and im doing what i did with the novas and will be watching them on video and having them show me batches to check then ship out more for testing, this will be solved no matter what it takes. This is the nature of the beast but they understand its a F up and they are working double time to solve this issue.

Whatever happened to the idea of a simple flow adjustment for the bottom coil that was discussed in the Phoenix thread?

I'll never buy another Raven but I would sure buy some Phoenix XLs with some sort of feed control.

Errol

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Whatever happened to the idea of a simple flow adjustment for the bottom coil that was discussed in the Phoenix thread?

I'll never buy another Raven but I would sure buy some Phoenix XLs with some sort of feed control.

Errol

Well... lol due to taking the tube on and off about 4 times on one raven the tube spun fairly well, not se easy as to fall off if held by the tube, but easy enough with hand power.

I replaced the metal collar with the rubber seal from a phoenix BC and that made the raven into an adjustable flow atty of sorts, and its fairly rebuildable. The only problem I ran into was when I rewicked it, I think the wick I put in was too thin. It had that hot, low vapor that a flooded atty has. Im gonna try again when I have more time, I may make a pic step by step if I can get it working reliably.

Also the ceramic cup in the Raven is a stock cup with no glue in it, so that allows the wires to slide in and out of the holes much easier. You could switch out the cup with a phoenix BC cup if you wanted to be able to make rebuilding a Phoenix BC much easier, about the same as rebuilding a Vivi nova head.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
OK...first a thank you for all of your patience...no one has hounded me at all, not one - "Where's my refund"...not a single person. Its stuff like that that makes all of the hard work Chris and I do worth it because at times, dealing with what we deal with in this industry, you sometimes feel like things are out of your control and your destny is in others' hands....

TONIGHT - we have started the refund process:

* All orders for any Raven product (tanks and/or cartos) have been printed.
* The first set of orders have been calculated as far as refund due...you are beign refunded for anything Raven related.
* Each night for the next couple of weeks we will then go into our front end for our merchant processor, search for your name and the charge made on your particular order date, and you will be issued your refund.
* We are refunding in this order...first person who ordered is first person who is refunded, it will be in simple chronological order.
* We will not send out a personal email but our front end software will automatically send an email to the email used for your order. The note for the refund will say "Raven Refund"
* Once a credit is issued to your credit card, it will take 2-3 days for it to show up and be credited to your account.
* If you are worried you haven't received an auto-email it may have went to your spam folder but please know all refunds will be made. We'd appreciate it if you did not send in tickets about the whereabouts of your refund. It will come in next couple of weeks.
* We have to throttle the amount of credits given in a day so as not to cause concern for our credit card processor, so your patience is appreciated.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
OK...first a thank you for all of your patience...no one has hounded me at all, not one - "Where's my refund"...not a single person. Its stuff like that that makes all of the hard work Chris and I do worth it because at times, dealing with what we deal with in this industry, you sometimes feel like things are out of your control and your destny is in others' hands....
At those times where you guys feel your destiny is in 'others' hands Danno, Take a deep breath and feel the warmth of those hands, take comfort, as it is only all of us giving you guys Loving Hugs :) Thank You for being You

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Well... lol due to taking the tube on and off about 4 times on one raven the tube spun fairly well, not se easy as to fall off if held by the tube, but easy enough with hand power.

I replaced the metal collar with the rubber seal from a phoenix BC and that made the raven into an adjustable flow atty of sorts, and its fairly rebuildable. The only problem I ran into was when I rewicked it, I think the wick I put in was too thin. It had that hot, low vapor that a flooded atty has. Im gonna try again when I have more time, I may make a pic step by step if I can get it working reliably.

Also the ceramic cup in the Raven is a stock cup with no glue in it, so that allows the wires to slide in and out of the holes much easier. You could switch out the cup with a phoenix BC cup if you wanted to be able to make rebuilding a Phoenix BC much easier, about the same as rebuilding a Vivi nova head.

Curious to see how it works out for you.

Errol

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

TONIGHT - we have started the refund process:

* All orders for any Raven product (tanks and/or cartos) have been printed.
* The first set of orders have been calculated as far as refund due...you are beign refunded for anything Raven related.
* Each night for the next couple of weeks we will then go into our front end for our merchant processor, search for your name and the charge made on your particular order date, and you will be issued your refund.
* We are refunding in this order...first person who ordered is first person who is refunded, it will be in simple chronological order.
* We will not send out a personal email but our front end software will automatically send an email to the email used for your order. The note for the refund will say "Raven Refund"
* Once a credit is issued to your credit card, it will take 2-3 days for it to show up and be credited to your account.
* If you are worried you haven't received an auto-email it may have went to your spam folder but please know all refunds will be made. We'd appreciate it if you did not send in tickets about the whereabouts of your refund. It will come in next couple of weeks.
* We have to throttle the amount of credits given in a day so as not to cause concern for our credit card processor, so your patience is appreciated.

Do whatever works best for you guys, but I would be perfectly happy with a store credit. Chances are pretty good you're gonna get it right back anyway, and since it's money already spent, I can avoid the whole "do-you-have-any-idea-how-much-money-you-spent-on-this-stuff-last-month" speech from my significant other.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
lol...ok PM me with your order number so I can note it...

Do whatever works best for you guys, but I would be perfectly happy with a store credit. Chances are pretty good you're gonna get it right back anyway, and since it's money already spent, I can avoid the whole "do-you-have-any-idea-how-much-money-you-spent-on-this-stuff-last-month" speech from my significant other.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just got my internet fixed yesterday finally after it being out for about a week. I know this has been talked about, but I said I'd let y'all know, then my net went out. I'm not really getting dry hits so far, but mostly it just tastes super bad. I have been blowing into a bit, whether a lot or a little, I just get leaking. Lots of gurgles, take a puff without mashing button, still nasty taste and nearly no vapor. I didn't have vodka, but I did soak it in water for a long time, then rinsed it well, but it could still be primer that I'm tasting. Much of my time is taken with packing still, probably a couple more weeks til the move, but will try some modifications when I can. I did try pulling some wicks out of the second carto I bought using bonnie's (and someone else's) suggestion, but was really just getting fluff out. Will try to get some vodka today and soak it and try it. Need to check out the mod thread and try some other things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread