Grant's Vanilla Custard D/AP levels (diketone levels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I have read how amazing this juice is and I have always wanted to try it, but first I wanted to check the Diketone levels in the juice. The website says no harmful chemicals are in the juice and a test certificate is displayed, but there is nothing specific about it.
I emailed them and asked them specifically what the test results were for acetyl propionyl. I got no response. Anyone have any idea? They give the impression its free from these chemicals and I'd like to actually try the juice, but I was wondering if anyone actually has any idea about diketone levels in this juice.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
But then I'd be relying on the word of a bunch of pseudanonymous Internet forum posters. My life is on the line here, dammit!

The beauty of the whole thing is you wouldn't have to for very long. If we started airing out the e-juice markets dirty laundry like Vaporshark on steroids we'd see a lot more vendors testing in a hurry.

Reactions: Nanny22

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The website says no harmful chemicals are in the juice and a test certificate is displayed, but there is nothing specific about it.

that's called advertising copy. ;)

I emailed them and asked them specifically what the test results were for acetyl propionyl. I got no response.

It never ceases to amaze me that people would consider being a customer of a vendor who doesn't even bother answering your emails/questions.

Diketones or not......no response means no sale for me......I always stick to that rule.

Also, no phone number, no address........no sale.

A number of years ago a vendor claiming to have a real laboratory, and no address on website. I put in an order for ONE bottle......because of course, USPS label did have their address. :)

I used google earth to find it. Also cross referenced it on another program.

There was no lab. There was a 4-unit residential apartment bldg. :lol:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I don't think self testing would lead to vendors testing.

There are already plenty of vendors who do test...........who vapers can choose to buy from.

Yet, diketone-type eliquids are still best-sellers and vendors who make them are doing quite well.

Don't assume that because you don't want to vape something, other people don't. Most vapers aren't even on internet forums and even ones who are don't care all that much about vaping diketones and/or still don't know much about it.

The truth is that Acetyl Proprianol and Diacetyl tastes very good, has that certain mouth-feel, etc. and that is why it's in the juice to begin with.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I have seen several threads on different forums where people say they think this juice is diketone free and they go ahead and vape the hell out of it. They cite the "certificate" on the website and admit to believing its safe and diketone free. Unless real numbers from a test are posted, then its safe to assume they are hiding the results from people because the AP levels are probably through the damn stratosphere.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I don't think self testing would lead to vendors testing.

There are already plenty of vendors who do test...........who vapers can choose to buy from.

Yet, diketone-type eliquids are still best-sellers and vendors who make them are doing quite well.

Don't assume that because you don't want to vape something, other people don't. Most vapers aren't even on internet forums and even ones who are don't care all that much about vaping diketones and/or still don't know much about it.

The truth is that Acetyl Proprianol and Diacetyl tastes very good, has that certain mouth-feel, etc. and that is why it's in the juice to begin with.
Yep I like em but support testing and disclosure of the results for the ones who choose not to vape the "bad" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread