The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Greetings from Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'South Carolina Vapers Forum' started by DudeInMyrtleBeach, Jan 25, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Extol

Extol Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    wilmington Nc
    Thanks. I be sure to let MB people know about any meet ups i hear about in wilmington NC its about a good hour and little more from MB. but still not that far from SC..Hope to read about some meets up soon!

2. Pokeygizmo

Pokeygizmo Perfectly Imperfect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    An hour's drive is not too far ... it's a nice enough drive on 17 from MB to Wilmington. A little farther for me; but I'm always game for a road trip when I can make it happen ;)

We keep talking about having meets - but schedules fail to mesh as of late.

One of these days we will get our acts together... :)

3. kno

kno Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2009
    Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
    I'm in Wilmington frequently, would love to hear about any meetups extol. If you're ever down in MB be sure to stop by, always love meeting new vapers.

4. Extol

Extol Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    wilmington Nc
    I live in the middle from wilmington and MB. So about the same amount of time to get to each. Also if we could get maybe 15 to 20 people from wilmington or MB to agree on meeting in the middle (shallotte nc or around about) i try to find a place.

Also i see you have a store coming opening up soon? if not all rdy open? I would love to stop by one day and hang out some. Also maybe chat with you about a project i am going to start soon maybe you be able to help out some. Anyway, i maybe heading to MB real soon. I let you know. Thanks and check out my youtube page extolreviews and twitter adammck

5. sugismimi

sugismimi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2010
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Howdy Extol,
    Good to see we have another SCV!!! (south carolina vaporererer)
    Just made that up I scare me sometimes heehee
    We have had a few meets, and I have planned or wished to have more, but as Pokey said it's just too hard to get it together because of schedules.
    last one we had was in columbia in Dec 2010, i guess it will have to be Dec 2011, we will name it the @nd annual SCV Meet!! OH SNAP there she goes again!!! I'll keep trying tho We are a bunch of fun and goofey people, so we have lots of fun!!!!
    anyway, Welcome and enjoy the forum!!
    Sugismimi

6. wyetterp

wyetterp Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Awesome. Locals! What's up everyone ?

I'd love to hear if there's a meet. New to the vaping world & loving it.

7. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    Welcome wyetterp. Murrells Inlet sounds like a great place for a meetup. :thumb:

8. wyetterp

Jan 4, 2012
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    I work at a popular local restaurant/bar. I'll look into to getting a ok to use the deck bar. My boss smokes but does vape when he's stuck inside.

9. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    Hiya wyett and welcome! :)

A meet at the coast...sigh. One of these days we'll get our acts together around here! :D

In the meanwhile, glad you've found vaping and us "locals"!

10. sugismimi

Apr 13, 2010
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    hey wyett,
    welcome and maybe you can get us together, sc isnt that big a state, but hell it may as well be.

im not being a pessimist, just constantly dreaming of another meet up.. last one was dec 2010.

come on folks its getting into spring and we cld do stuff on the coast, oooooweeeeee.

just think we could get a little Pokey!!!!!

mimi

11. wyetterp

Jan 4, 2012
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Being that I've never been to a meet, can someone explain whats needed & how it usually goes.

I'm 99% sure I can get us the whole deck bar, which is right on the Inlet, just need to get a broad stroke of what all's involved.

Any input's appreciated! Thanks.

12. sugismimi

Apr 13, 2010
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Hey wyett
    when I planned our last one I asked local vendors if they wanted to come and bring the goods.
    samples sale stuff. Give. Aways for prizes and such.
    See if the restaraunt can have any specials, food, drinks, can they handle alot of people ..
    I'm gonna pm u I have addresses and emails phone #s to contact peeps directly.
    Ill pm u in the AM.

13. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    LOL!

That's right - because everybody needs a little Pokey! :lol:

14. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    A lot of us bring all of our PVs, vaping hardware, juices we are willing to share, trade, give away (but not the BuzzPro, mimi. Love you and all, but he is mine - as soon as I win the lottery, a new one will be my first purchase I'll I send it to you directly, bwahahaha!! ;) :):) )

15. wyetterp

Jan 4, 2012
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Sounds good. It's a start.

What stinks is that I only know of one local vender. Maybe there's more I just don't know about.

When you say "handle a lot of people", how many is considered a lot? I also have access to our banquet facility if it's a ridiculously large amount of people. That would take a little different planning, but still very doable.

I'm in. I'll make what ever effort needed.

16. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    Wyett,

I'm going to let mimi guide you as I've only attended one meet and she's actually put one together; that, and a lot of us have weird schedules which has made it difficult to coordinate times, places and such. :(

Having a vendor/s is great - but it's good just meeting people, sharing vaping knowledge and experience, and visiting with other people who "get it", too. :)

I'll be watching and listening and suggesting if anything comes to mind - I am one of those, whose schedule inteferes a lot with the timing of these, unfortunately. But I'll try. :)

17. wyetterp

Jan 4, 2012
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Thanks Pokey. We'll see how it all unfolds. I'm sure something good will come out of it.

Either way, here or somewhere else, I'd be glad to help out however I can.

18. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    Try this link for some venders and they should be able to help you find more.

VaporSearchUSA

I wouldn't worry about "handling a lot of people" The deck sounds great. The locals or folks who can drive there and back home in one day will make up the majority of folks there. Being between Myrtle Beach and Charleston should bring in a good crowd and seafood is a pretty good draw. Sugasmimi and Pokeygizmo are great folks to have onboard. Good luck, I'll try my best to be there.

19. wyetterp

Jan 4, 2012
    Murrells Inlet, SC
  20. sugismimi

Apr 13, 2010
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Hey hey hey!!
    wyett im so happy to help.
    Sc in sc joined just about the same time i did, so i have to say THANKS STEVE, that was sweet of you.
    Peeps to come could be anywhere from 5 to 30+. Ya never know.
    The thing is to give it plenty of plan time.

One of the best times ive had was meeting all my vapor friends, BUT if that pokey doesn't come we will have to hunt her down so i can talk her out of her Buzz. lololo!!!!
    hope this meet works out,it would be awesome.
    pm'ing u in a sec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.