Greyhound with my e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
As an ex teacher I can say with complete honesty.

Just try to get making a kid do anything remotely academic past the administration. Seriously just try.

I taught High school math and science. I almost got fired for having my kids write lab reports using complete sentences. You see I was infringing on the kids rights to use Ebonics and street language. Yeah there is a reason I don't teach anymore.

but guess who they'll blame when they don't get into a good college???????????

yeah, can't say I blame you for not teaching any more,,,,,,,

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Oh shut up. Brat. :p

Just you wait. One of these days you'll have kids that are the as old as you feel lol

Seriously it freaks me out to think I'm 44. I mean seriously, I don't act a day over 25.

Lol i completely missed this post. And i already feel old sometimes but i still gotta mess with older folks on occassion :D its what us younger people do

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co

Just try to get making a kid do anything remotely academic past the administration. Seriously just try.

I taught High school math and science. I almost got fired for having my kids write lab reports using complete sentences. You see I was infringing on the kids rights to use Ebonics and street language. Yeah there is a reason I don't teach anymore.

I dont blame you. My generation is horrible. And our education system is just helping reinforce it by letting kids get away with less and less over the years

Sue for creative suppression!!

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
LOL both of my parents smoked, so every time we flew back east to visit family, we sat in the 'smoking section' of the plane - never thought twice about it, since they both smoked in the house, too. However, I get a little nervous flying in a plane that has ashtrays in the armrests!

OMG me too. I see those rectangular shapes welded down and I KNOW how old the plane is at the minimum! Then I start looking around at the ceiling to see if there are any tiny fractures! :facepalm:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

My wife is a teacher. They just got new chromebooks for the kids.. No joke. None of them know how to type. The kids couldn't use them because they can't type or spell.

Texting killed anything remotely to do with writing.

Everything is standardized test related. I believe No Child Left Behind is now CORE. Which basically means... we don't want anyone to think anymore... It is okay if you can't pass the test... it isn't your fault.. we will re-write the test so that you can pass it. It isn't your fault. I know you didn't have time to study with all the computer games and running the streets you had to do last night. It isn;t your fault, it is our fault for not understanding education is 100th on your list of priorities. People wonder why our education is in the toilet. We leave it up to a bunch of elected officials to dictate what our kids should learn. Look at where those officials are now...

I tell my wife when I get her stories about her day at school. 3 kids went home in a cop cruiser yesterday. These are 8th graders. I look at her and say I couldn't do it. Once one cussed me out, I would throw the SOB through the window. They would end up in the hospital and me in jail. What happens when a kid f bombs the teacher now? The teacher gets asked "What did you do wrong?".

Sorry bought that...

BTW did the education system finally realize Chromebooks at 250 bucks each vs an apple at 1+k each would save money? :facepalm:

To the OP I am glad you asked instead of busting out your constitutional rights on vaping. Kudos for doing the right thing mate.

Last edited:

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
OMG me too. I see those rectangular shapes welded down and I KNOW how old the plane is at the minimum! Then I start looking around at the ceiling to see if there are any tiny fractures! :facepalm:

You guys crack me up, because I fly a lot for business, and I try as hard as I can to avoid any airlines that might have older planes...I fly jetblue, virgin america (when I fly to the coast), and some delta, because the planes are newer. I flew american recently from NY to Dallas, and the plane was so old that it has not only the welded down ashtrays, but an ashtray on the outside of the bathroom door !! I asked the flight attendant how old the plane was....and she said "really old"....didn't leave me feeling sunshiny inside, if you know what I mean.

As a 44 year old myself, I remember smoking everywhere !!

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
they don't even make kids do foot notes for reports anymore,,,,,,I mean what kinda fun do these poor kids miss out on!

And they don't even get to use the encyclopedia either. Remember how you would keep your fingers crossed that there was actually enough information in the encyclopedia to BS your way through a paper, because you waited too long to go to the library to do research...

I swear I think my GPA would have been significantly higher if I had the Internet for research papers at 2 in the morning!

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I remember not having a phone with internet. I had a flip phone when i was like 12 but that was advanced for then. I see all kinds of kids walking arround with nice ... phones these days. ... are these parents thinking these phones aint cheap and arent very durable

I remember not having the Internet lol much less cell phones!

To be fair, though, I have fully embraced the technology.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I remember not having the Internet lol much less cell phones!

To be fair, though, I have fully embraced the technology.

For dinner grandma would walk outside and ring the big dinner bell in the back yard. That meant my brothers and I had 15 minutes to get home and cleaned up for dinner. If you weren't there you didn't eat.

My daughter walked in the room the other night and said daddy what some number times some number. I told her. a few minutes later another one. I then asked what are you doing.. she said homework. I said are you doing or am I? I told her to grab a calculator. She said it is easier to ask you. I went outside and had a vape. :)

Everytime I help them with homework they just want me to do it. I refuse and try to show them how to do it and they always say that is not how my teacher showed me. Then I get an explanation from my wife that the state decided it is easier for kids to multiply with these silly little boxes ( I guess a focus group that spent millions if not billions of taxpayers dollars came up with it:facepalm:).. so I had to re learn they way I learned long division. Then I showed her how to do it the way I learned on her homework and wrote a little note that the previous way to learn long division was much better.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I wish i was on a train. They dont run direct to junction and the tickets were expensive. But i finally got some sleep. Im in boise. Aint about to try and vape in the station here or slc i already know how thats gonna go.

Lotta old timers on here lol. Technology changes allot of things its deffinetally made people lazier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread