Not open for further replies.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
When the bus loads up I would go in the restroom

Prolly what ill have to do depending on who i end up sitting next to. Still surprisingly not a packed bus though. I know thatll change leaving from slc to denver that bus is always packed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
I wish i was on a train. They dont run direct to junction and the tickets were expensive. But i finally got some sleep. Im in boise. Aint about to try and vape in the station here or slc i already know how thats gonna go.

Lotta old timers on here lol. Technology changes allot of things its deffinetally made people lazier

Hey, you were in my town! Too bad you weren't here for a while, could take you on a vape shop tour - we have some decent ones here fairly close to the bus station.

Wish we had a train option - we go to Salt Lake, Portland and Seattle fairly regularly, and always drive ourselves.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
For dinner grandma would walk outside and ring the big dinner bell in the back yard. That meant my brothers and I had 15 minutes to get home and cleaned up for dinner. If you weren't there you didn't eat.

My daughter walked in the room the other night and said daddy what some number times some number. I told her. a few minutes later another one. I then asked what are you doing.. she said homework. I said are you doing or am I? I told her to grab a calculator. She said it is easier to ask you. I went outside and had a vape. :)

Everytime I help them with homework they just want me to do it. I refuse and try to show them how to do it and they always say that is not how my teacher showed me. Then I get an explanation from my wife that the state decided it is easier for kids to multiply with these silly little boxes ( I guess a focus group that spent millions if not billions of taxpayers dollars came up with it:facepalm:).. so I had to re learn they way I learned long division. Then I showed her how to do it the way I learned on her homework and wrote a little note that the previous way to learn long division was much better.

You know that commercial for some sort of food or breakfast or something when the child asks mom, "What's the capital of West Virginia?" And the mom says, "Charleston."?

My mom would have said, "Look it up."

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Lol woulda been fun. I was only there for like 40 minutes ive been allll over boise. Unfortuneraly theres no vape shops where im going :-\ and i dont have a debit card atm.

There should be a train somewhere close? It runs from wa to slc

Ya know, perma, you're onto something. You're trip is bringing back some cool memories for lots of us.....the Greyhound from Boston to NYC in a major snowstorm that took about 18 hours.......smoking section was in the back of the bus. lol.......

Amtrak from Boston to NYC......had a smoking car (a train car dedicated to smokers, not to mention the BAR car!!!). The scenery during winter was nothing short of spectacular. When I had some extra cash, it was the Eastern Airlines shuttle, Boston to NYC and vice versa. "Sir, did you want smoking or non-smoking?"

Those were really the DAYS. All of a sudden I have a hankerin' for a long bus or train trip for a return to the good ole days. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Safe travels!........Arrive safely!

Last edited:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Here's a little story for you, permafrying, to help pass the time:

The most memorable bus trip I ever had was at JFK, 40 years ago. Christmas Eve, flying home to Cleveland. While taxiing to takeoff position, a blizzard blew up, visibility went to zero, the plane went off the runway. Front wheel in a ditch. Took several hours to get a bus out to take us off the plane. Meanwhile, we could smoke on the plane and the drinks were free.

The bus arrived, we transferred to it, and by then we were a merry bunch and all great friends! The bus was to take us to the airport motel (the airport had closed), but it got lost in the blowing snow and took more hours to find the way. As I recall, we spent around 8 hours between boarding the plane and arriving at the motel.

One of our fellow passengers was a little old lady all dressed in black who didn't speak a word of English or any language any of us recognized. She was totally bewildered and clearly frightened. At the hotel, once we had our luggage, she showed us an envelope with a Cleveland return address. Took us most of the night to get a phone number for that address from the operator and to get a call through (most phone lines were down from the blizzard) to the number. Turned out her son was a recent immigrant from Central Europe who was bringing his mother over to live with him. To see her face light up when we put the phone to her ear and she heard her son's voice was amazing. By then it was Christmas morning. One of the best I've had.

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Lol woulda been fun. I was only there for like 40 minutes ive been allll over boise. Unfortuneraly theres no vape shops where im going :-\ and i dont have a debit card atm.

There should be a train somewhere close? It runs from wa to slc

Nope, train only goes thru Northern Idaho - nothing near Boise. :(

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Very nice. It had a good ending atleast. None of my travel stories really do.

I was flying into boise one timeband there wad a thunderstorm out. The turbulance was horrible the plane was shaking and every time we'd try to land you could feel the plane just drop a few feet. We were getting lifted out of our seats. Everyone was freaking out and praying i was sitting there laughing having a great time (im a sick .......) pilot doesnt have much gas left so we end up over to mountain home for an emergency landing at the airforce base. We had to keep our phones off keep the windows shut all that. No smoking after being on the plane for a good 3 hours already. They wouldnt even pull out the drink cart. We sat there for probably about an hour while the airforce was trying to figure out how to refuel the plane.. . they couldnt do it ( all i gotta say is wow....) so they ended up sending in a bunch of military busses. Basically school buss with plastic seats. Think jail bus if you've ever been locked up. And they rushed us into the bus and drove us back to the boise airport.

Moral of the story. If the airline ....s up atleast give us a smoke and a drink. Couldnt even smoke on the tarmac on the way to the bus

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Oh wow, I feel your pain! After 3 hours on a plane, all you want is to head outside for a smoke or a vape, but then, unexpectedly, more hours before that's going to happen... :facepalm: At least back in the "good old days," you could smoke through adversity!

We were getting lifted out of our seats. Everyone was freaking out and praying i was sitting there laughing having a great time (im a sick .......)

:lol: Thanks for the good laugh! (I think I'd enjoy traveling with you!) :lol:

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Lol im one of the few that is far from afraid of death. If a planes goin down imma be the one crackin jokes and lookin for a bottle the whole time.

I guess thats a good reason. Did i detect sarcasm.

Yay slc.... grimey ... buss station i always see somethin happenin here

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Damn thats rough. Atleast with your own car you're not confined to someone elses space. Why do you travel so much

To get from one place to the other, naturally...lol :p

ROFL we're concert junkies - most of the bands we like don't come thru Boise. Heading to Portland next week for Jack Johnson - yay!

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Greyhound drives me crazy. Running waaaay behind schedule and gonna miss my connection in denver because the bus was two hours behind then to add onto it this bus driver is adding more time and being an ........ The bathrooms inside are busted they put us on this bus because it needs service in denver. We pull up to a regular stop and he said he doesnt want us using the bathrooms at the stop so we sit there the ten minutes then head to a rest stop to sit there for 10 more minutes. Im already gonna be getting to junction 5 hours late and possibly messing up this whole trip from it and if he doesnt get on it im gonna be 12 more hours behind and starving my ... off more then i already am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread