Gripper Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
Yes, I definitely would like to know when. I bet anything it will be announced this Friday on their newsletter. Depends on if they found an appropriate replacement for the horn switch that hoog said was too big. I think it looks good in the pics, and if everything fits, is keep it. I've grown to like the tacky size of the horn switch on my box mod. I'm really looking forward to this new one, it looks awesome.

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
My buddy B-rad already has a mod named The Grip over at sweetvapes -- I got confused by the name fwiw........

Yours does look nice, like a mini GLV3.:thumb:

I'm confused too...2 Grips?....thought I wandered in to the wrong thread...

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Waiting on material :( We've got about a dozen or so done and we also designed our own mechanichal switch that works great but the abs plastic has been out of stock for about a month now.. We're still going to do a style with the horn switch and also a style with our switch as well as the mini-gripper which about the size of a half roll of quarters but packs a mean punch :)

leroytwohawks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
mini-gripper which about the size of a half roll of quarters but packs a mean punch :)

Come on man, you take the name from one vender and then almost the same design from another and you call it your own!? Get an original thought and stop jumping on the band wagon of others.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Come on man, you take the name from one vender and then almost the same design from another

There's another recessed carto PV around that only natively accepts 510 XL cartos? Where? I want one. 70% of my vaping is done with 510 XL sized cartos. If there was another design like that, I'd probably already own it, and if I've somehow missed it, I'd like to own it. PM me a link, would ya?

As to the "grip" vs the "gripper", ...well actually... The lanyard guy at eciggrip.com was using the name "grip" first. In fact, he will have owned the domain name for a year here in about a week or two, and he was selling his grip for a few months before that.

All those troublesome nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs.... It makes you wonder how anyone gets by using the English language for product names.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Waiting on material :( We've got about a dozen or so done and we also designed our own mechanichal switch that works great but the abs plastic has been out of stock for about a month now.. We're still going to do a style with the horn switch and also a style with our switch as well as the mini-gripper which about the size of a half roll of quarters but packs a mean punch :)

Thanks Hoog, you know I'll be cruising up to your shop as soon as this baby is for sale. Do you need any field testers? I have experience as a field tester for Budweiser.

JJ :)

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
From a marketing standpoint, you can't "own" certain words, like grip. Now The Grip or The Gripper, yes, you can register that. But I'm not sure how many vendors in this field are actually going through the painful, long process of owning a registered trademark. I have seen a few patents on specific designs, but unless there is a company that already owns The Gripper in a related or exact field (e cigs) then there is no harm no foul. Now morally, if one was to use the exact name and or make a product of similar design is another story. In the world of e cigs, there is a rather limited customer base which means there is a lot of strong competition. In the end, people don't care about names and brands unless they are spending good money or they are purchasing that specific model because it "does" something that others dont.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I've seen Brads' mod before but never knew the name.. Our neighbor came up with the name based on the texture of the mod.. One thing that I don't have time to do is visit other vendors websites and look for ideas and names.. My head is swimming with ideas that I don't have time to implement :)

I did talk to Brad and understand his concern about the name being similar and although similar and the same are two different things, I'm not out to rain on anyones parade so we're going to think of and alternate name.. The first name that came to mind was 'the handjob' but it seemed a bit inappropriate :) so we're still pondering..

hoog

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Come on man, you take the name from one vender and then almost the same design from another and you call it your own!? Get an original thought and stop jumping on the band wagon of others.

where? I need new ideas and I'm always looking to steal others stuff :) or read two posts up from this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread