Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

Flood

Feb 9, 2012
My obsession with cinnamon juices has ruined many clearomizers, but I accidently over loaded my vivi nova (metal tank now) and it leaked juice... I've noticed that now the rubberized area around the 510 connector is coming off to reveal the hard plastic underneath.

It's common sense really, but just throwing it out there.
I'm still in love with this little (but powerful) vv gripper :vapor:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
My obsession with cinnamon juices has ruined many clearomizers, but I accidently over loaded my vivi nova (metal tank now) and it leaked juice... I've noticed that now the rubberized area around the 510 connector is coming off to reveal the hard plastic underneath.

It's common sense really, but just throwing it out there.
I'm still in love with this little (but powerful) vv gripper :vapor:

I have ruined one clam-shell VV APV because my cartos leaked into the electronics. What I've done with a replacement is use a short plugged 510 extension, poked the threaded end though a small piece of Saran Wrap, screw it into the PV and essentially create an umbrella to catch any juice before it can get in through the seams.

I'm sure someone can come up with a better solution but the umbrella is quick and easy and will keep your gripper clean while you figure out something better.

Errol

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have ruined one clam-shell VV APV because my cartos leaked into the electronics. What I've done with a replacement is use a short plugged 510 extension, poked the threaded end though a small piece of Saran Wrap, screw it into the PV and essentially create an umbrella to catch any juice before it can get in through the seams.

I'm sure someone can come up with a better solution but the umbrella is quick and easy and will keep your gripper clean while you figure out something better.

Errol

I had wondered about something like that, wasn't sure if it would melt or be ok. Sounds like it's ok! Thanks for posting that Errol.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I had wondered about something like that, wasn't sure if it would melt or be ok. Sounds like it's ok! Thanks for posting that Errol.

Unless you are mixing some pretty exotic Niquid you don't have to worry about it melting Deb. :) Doesn't have to be Saran Wrap, any kind pliable plastic sheeting will do, you just want to protect the area of the threading and the cracks on either side long enough to wipe off any liquid that may leak out of your carto, and it will. :)

Errol

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
lol, no I meant from getting hot. I know that area in my kgo gets hot from dry burning etc. But I know saran is tougher than we think. Restaurant cooks cover metal pans with saran, then foil then put it in the oven. I've never been brave enough to do that with it. But I saw them do it all the time on food network. lol It never melted to the pan.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Well, I've apparently received my first ever DOA carto. I've somehow been very lucky in that I've never had this issue. But the gripper shut down when switching to a new carto, and when I powered it back up, I checked the ohms, and found out this new carto was running at .8. Definitely a bad one. Ah well, I got 12 more :)

Badmotorfinger

Apr 22, 2012
NY
Got my replacement from Madvapes the other day. This thing is great. Ive been using it mostly with a 1.7 ohm single coil @ 4.2 - 4.4 volts, the hit & vapor production are perfect. Tried a 3ohm single coil @ 6 volts too, the throat hit seems about the same but the vapor is much warmer. Not sure if I like it or not. Will stick w/ LR @ higher volts for now.

Bassmanspiff

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Mount Carmel Illinois
Welp... tonight it finally happened. While unscrewing a tank the 510 connector dislodged from the mod. Funny enough it still fires. Sadly, a support ticket has been filed and ill hopefully be sending this one back when everything gets worked out. I think id call that a manufacturer's defect. *sigh*

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Welp... tonight it finally happened. While unscrewing a tank the 510 connector dislodged from the mod. Funny enough it still fires. Sadly, a support ticket has been filed and ill hopefully be sending this one back when everything gets worked out. I think id call that a manufacturer's defect. *sigh*

Mine did this with an unnatural bend of a tank/gripper combo in my pocket. You're right, the connector is pretty well soldered and it will continue to work..

What I did to fix mine was to pry the top edge of the 'grip' side of the mod apart a bit and I was able to push the connector back down inside. I then took a carto and wiggled the connector a bit until it popped into place..

hoog

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Mine did this with an unnatural bend of a tank/gripper combo in my pocket. You're right, the connector is pretty well soldered and it will continue to work..

What I did to fix mine was to pry the top edge of the 'grip' side of the mod apart a bit and I was able to push the connector back down inside. I then took a carto and wiggled the connector a bit until it popped into place..

hoog
That's just too funny since I did the exact same thing today with mine! Working fine now and looks like nothing ever happened. :)

Flood

Feb 9, 2012
My battery door had zero issues until last night.

One of the guide rails that you push the battery cover back on to fell off.

The battery door still closes though.

I've had it since July 24th and i've never dropped it.

I think when my cinnamon juice leaked it caused some issues... it ate off the rubberized coating and dripped down the seam where the finger grooves are.

hmmm i'm kind of worried what cinnamon is doing to my lungs now :ohmy:

Last edited:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Here's a question I feel ridiculous asking: which way are the batteries inserted, + terminal at the bottom? generally the contact spring is the negative, but I've found no indication in the manual or on the unit. BTW, I'm waiting on some Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650, 2250mah, the Trufire 18650 are to long, wish they would post Battery compartment dimensions for us newbs buying our first Mod., thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread