Status
Not open for further replies.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Positive end goes in first, negative end at the door.

Thanks for the confirmation, I didn't want to mess up anything... just waiting for my batteries so I can give this a try. My 510 connecter seems to be firmly in place, the top Button is a bit firm though the battery door is a bit of a concern it seems to be solidly constructed.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Here's a question I feel ridiculous asking: which way are the batteries inserted, + terminal at the bottom? generally the contact spring is the negative, but I've found no indication in the manual or on the unit. BTW, I'm waiting on some Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650, 2250mah, the Trufire 18650 are to long, wish they would post Battery compartment dimensions for us newbs buying our first mod., thanks in advance.

don't feel ridiculous, I had to go look at some videos til I found one that showed them inserting the battery to see which way they did it. It did look like they'd go in upside down, but that just seemed weird.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I finally received my batteries yesterday, 2 Panasonic 18659 2250mah, and charged them last night. I did a few vapes, ~10 minutes, once they were ready and enjoyed the gripper's performance, I used the ViVi Nova, Kanger T2 LR, an 808D Carto & Stardust Clearo, with & without a 510 extension.

Though I was worried about the door closure with the battery, it was flush & the Mod sat steady & level on my desk. I like the LCD Display, easy to read, simple to operate, the size of the unit isn't too small and I like the rubberized finish.

It was easy to hold & operate, pinky under the unit and my thumb on the middle grip indentation, middle & ring fingers on the smooth side, index operating the top button. this kept the unit approximately 3-4" away from my palm, in either hand precluding the chance of accidentally changing the voltage while vaping.

This does hit like a beast, most of my vaping was @3.2- 3.5, an occasional 3.0 and at 3.7 it was giving a burnt taste. I did enjoy experimenting with the different voltages and noticing the difference in taste and vapor production. I'm guessing higher voltages would be better suited to resistances 3.5 and above on single coils. I don't know anything about Dual Coils since I haven't tried any.

Overall, even though the construction is plastic, the rubber finish adds to the feel in my hand. The Battery door is the weakest link in its construction, my 510 connector is rock solid and I only tighten till it becomes stiff to the turn, then I add a slight tweak. My top button did have an audible click which didn't bother me since the flavor of my liquids can be fine tuned with a voltage adjustment and I get plumes of vapor.

I had second thoughts about this purchase while waiting for my batteries to arrive, they have been buried by its first performance. While I remember, my only other complaint/ observation was how hot the Carto or Clearo became when doing consecutive vapes, no greater than a 60 second pause between draws.

I'd recommend this as an inexpensive entry to VV vaping.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
Dropped one of my VV Grippers on the floor when I fell asleep with it on my lap and got up. The unit split right open and came apart.

I thought it was done for but I was wrong. It breaking actually helped me fix the issues that were wrong with it.

I was able to sit the 510 connector back into the slot it should have been in but was not before it broke and it also let me adjust and fix the spring inside under the button due to it not correctly before the drop.

I guess good things do come to dropping and breaking open mods it allows you to fix any issues with a mod.

Fixing the spring inside under the button also fixed my door issue where I was having problems opening it. Now the thing opens nice and clean.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
The 510 connector if anyone is curious is just sitting inside of a clip inside of the unit. It has at the bottom of the 510 connector a little indent going around the connector which on each side piece of plastic just sits into it. This is why it moves it is not glued or anything to keep it steady. There is a wire coming off from it and another wire going to the spring under the fire button.

I should take a picture of the inside of mine since I can take it apart pretty easy now. It works wonderful though after I reseated everything after it broke/dropped.

Maybe I will upload a picture of the internals in a few.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
34rdrmx.jpg

Here is the internals and shows how the connector is just sitting inside between 2 plastic walls and clips and not soldered into the unit. I am guessing if anyone did solder or glue it in it wouldn't wiggle so much.

This unit still works and actually as stated earlier works better then before since I was able to resit everything where they should be.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I didn't have an issue with a wobbly connector, but the threads stripped very quickly. It's been out of service for a couple weeks. I finally was able to get some 5 minute epoxy last night, and a couple hours ago, I glued an adaptor into it. Didn't put epoxy on the threads, just around the adapter and top of the mod. It's firing good. I'm letting it cure for a day before really using it though. It'll be good to have my gripper back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread